Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A #1 Andrean @ #3 Pioneer

1 minute ago, Ballhawk said:

Are they limiting fans at the game?  Not a lot of seating on the visitor side and not sure if they're letting anyone stand in the end zone.  This would be a good one to drop in on if it is allowed.

Both schools were allotted 250 tickets. Pioneer brought in portable bleachers with their current visitors set to expand seating. Home team tickets went on sale at 8 am yesterday and were gone by noon. You might be able to get ahold of Andrean's AD to see if they have any available.

1 hour ago, LCKfan4life said:

Should be a good game , rooting for the Panthers- I'm sure if there was snow in the forecast, Pioneer would make sure the field is clear so there would be no advantage to either team....

-Still bitter

Grass fields in the playoffs. Gotta love it. (I don't know where the sarcasm button is, or I'd press it X 100)

3 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Both schools were allotted 250 tickets. Pioneer brought in portable bleachers with their current visitors set to expand seating. Home team tickets went on sale at 8 am yesterday and were gone by noon. You might be able to get ahold of Andrean's AD to see if they have any available.

Thanks for the info.  At first I wondered if they might play at Logansport, but then I saw Logan is home Friday night as well.

5 hours ago, LCKfan4life said:

Should be a good game , rooting for the Panthers- I'm sure if there was snow in the forecast, Pioneer would make sure the field is clear so there would be no advantage to either team....

-Still bitter

Snow's the least of your concerns at The Pit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, foxbat said:

Snow's the least of your concerns at The Pit.

New fun at the Pit for home and visitors alike! Due to covid restrictions there is a limit to only six people in the pressbox, which excludes home and visitor coaches. Any coaches wanting to sit up high in the pressbox will have to "slum it" in the top row with our fans... Its actually pretty embarassing when we get to share this news with other schools. 

3 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

New fun at the Pit for home and visitors alike! Due to covid restrictions there is a limit to only six people in the pressbox, which excludes home and visitor coaches. Any coaches wanting to sit up high in the pressbox will have to "slum it" in the top row with our fans... Its actually pretty embarassing when we get to share this news with other schools. 

Why Not Bring in a couple of Scissor Lifts set up behind the bleachers for the Coaches? 

42 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Why Not Bring in a couple of Scissor Lifts set up behind the bleachers for the Coaches? 

Not to sound sarcastic, but do you think an administration that has allowed their field to be as bad as it is for the last 20 years would take the initiative to rent scissor lifts?

Also, they probably wouldn’t allow it from a liability standpoint. 

14 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

It’s 1A. Not much turf at this level. I swear to God there isn’t 

In 1A sometimes there's not so much grass either. 

Heard a visiting team kid complain once getting off the bus that it was a shame that their opponent made them park all the way in the back of this gravel parking and that they had such a long walk to the field.  The bus driver said to the kid, "Quit your b*tchin'.  What do you want?  I drove you right up to the 50 yard line."

Rimshot Sound GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

Isn't even having an event now a days a liability? 

It's risk versus reward. In this case there's absolutely no reward to be had. Only bad things happen on scissor lifts! Just ask Notre Dame..I believe they are being sued after being found negligent for improper use of a scissor lift. 

3 minutes ago, Laces_Out_Dan said:

It's risk versus reward. In this case there's absolutely no reward to be had. Only bad things happen on scissor lifts! Just ask Notre Dame..I believe they are being sued after being found negligent for improper use of a scissor lift. 

I assume you’re speaking of the tragic death of Declan Sullivan while filming football practice 10 years ago. There was never any lawsuit. The Sullivan family remains a valued part of the larger Notre Dame family.