Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

South Adams at Southwood

South Adams by a large margin. Southwood & AC was close until the Jets forced the issue and forgot how to tackle. Southwood had trouble defending AC's passing attack. South Adams passing attack is much better than AC's. Southwood can key on the pass, but SA has Miller & Summersett that can pound the ball as well. South Adams defense has looked like it has gotten much better on run defense than earlier in the year. Their pass defense is good enough to shut down the Southwood passing game and I think they'll have more pressure on the QB than AC did (though AC had a lot).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

SA doesn’t “represent” the ACAC.  They are the anomaly of the ACAC. 

That's a true statement; definitely head & shoulders above the other teams.

However they are in the ACAC so technically they are representing the conference and they will do an excellent job of it.

SA 49 Southwood 21. No knock on Southwood, they are a really good team. This SA team is just that good in comparison of watching them play this year and seeing Southwood last week.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, CoachVeatch said:

Physically this South Adams team is an anomaly for 1A football. South Adams wins this football game and that is in no way a knock on a very good Southwood team.

Of the teams Cass played this year, SA was the most physical team on the schedule. That includes West Laf, Tipton, Pioneer, Western, etc.. I'm not so sure SA couldn't make a run in 2a this year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

Of the teams Cass played this year, SA was the most physical team on the schedule. That includes West Laf, Tipton, Pioneer, Western, etc.. I'm not so sure SA couldn't make a run in 2a this year. 

I agree, they're so physical. Our only 2 losses this year were to SA. Best team we've played since '17 Pioneer.

• Like 1