Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 Death Watch/Pool

Muda69

31 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

When my wife and I left the funeral home after my father's viewing, I made the comment "you know there were a lot more stories told, and laughs shared, than there were tears shed". At the end of the day, that's what it's all about. 

I want to upvote this, but I'm all out of votes for today. I actually laughed at one of @TrojanDad's comments earlier, I think it locked the system up!

• 3 weeks later...

Eddie Money Dead at 70 After Cancer Complications: https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/13/eddie-money-dead-esophageal-cancer-dies/

the '70s and '80s hitmaker known for "Take Me Home Tonight" and "Baby Hold On" -- has died ... TMZ has confirmed.

The singer died Friday following complications from stage 4 esophageal cancer. His family said, "The Money Family regrets to announce that Eddie passed away peacefully early this morning. It is with heavy hearts that we say goodbye to our loving husband and father. We cannot imagine our world without him. We are grateful that he will live on forever through his music."

Truly an American Icon.  He will be missed.

• Disdain 1

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

RIP Eddie Money. I think American Icon is quite a stretch though. One hit wonder is closer to the truth.

"One hit wonder"?  Hardly:  https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/8529899/eddie-money-biggest-billboard-chart-hits

Money tallied 23 songs on the Billboard Hot 100, between 1978 and 1992. Of those, 11 reached the top 40, with two climbing to the top 10: "Take Me Home Tonight," which interpolates The Ronettes' 1963 No. 2 Hot 100 classic "Be My Baby" (No. 4, 1986), and "Walk on Water" (No. 9, 1988).

Eddie Money's Biggest Billboard Hot 100 Hits
1, "Take Me Home Tonight," No. 4, Nov. 15, 1986
2, "Walk on Water," No. 9, Dec. 24, 1988
3, "Peace in Our Time," No. 11, Feb. 10, 1990
4, "I Wanna Go Back," No. 14, March 14, 1987
5, "Think I'm in Love," No. 16, Sept. 18, 1982
6, "Baby Hold On," No. 11, June 10, 1978
7, "Endless Nights," No. 21, June 27, 1987
8, "The Love in Your Eyes," No. 24, March 18, 1989
9, "Two Tickets to Paradise," No. 22, Sept. 9, 1978
10, "Maybe I'm a Fool," No. 22, April 7, 1979

• 3 months later...

Herman Boone, Football Coach Of 'Remember The Titans' Fame, Dies: https://www.npr.org/2019/12/19/789784211/herman-boone-football-coach-of-remember-the-titans-fame-dies

Herman Boone, the high school football coach who inspired the Denzel Washington film Remember the Titans, has died, according to Alexandria City Public Schools in Virginia. Boone, who was 84, died just seven months after the death of Bill Yoast, his fellow coach at T.C. Williams High School.

In 1971, Boone, who was black, and Yoast, who was white, formed a new community around football, attempting to heal the wounds of segregation with a newly integrated team – and winning a state championship in the process.

Truly an American Icon.  He will be missed.

• Like 1