Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Governor's Address

5 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

I am not sure how this applies to high school football....unless they consider it a 'community rec sport league'? and player personnel and parents only?

Or is considered K-12 extracurricular event and 25% capacity?

Either way it sucks.

I would expect to see parents only after this Friday.

If we can get 25%, that’s not too bad. Semi state could be lacking fans. But state could still hold a good chunk. 

1 minute ago, Prospect said:

As long as a county in orange, wouldn’t the school still do 25%? Plus, that’s only going to be 12 total schools making that call. 

2 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

If we can get 25%, that’s not too bad. Semi state could be lacking fans. But state could still hold a good chunk. 

As long as a county in orange, wouldn’t the school still do 25%? Plus, that’s only going to be 12 total schools making that call. 

I think they could still do 25%, but that's still going to limit it to parents of players, cheerleaders, etc. I know a lot of people struggled to get tickets early in the season when the capacity was limited. Marion county will be the big one. Allowing no fans in Marion county wouldn't shock me at all. 

6 minutes ago, Prospect said:

I think they could still do 25%, but that's still going to limit it to parents of players, cheerleaders, etc. I know a lot of people struggled to get tickets early in the season when the capacity was limited. Marion county will be the big one. Allowing no fans in Marion county wouldn't shock me at all. 

I’m more worried about South Adams, so the 25% sucks but is more manageable being at a small school. That probably is still close to the 500 fan mark we’ve been using the past few weeks. 

As far as Marion county for state purposes, I could see them getting a waiver to do more in case they are red by then, or in case the county puts more restrictions on. I may just be an optimist, but I don’t see any reason LOS couldn’t have 500-1000 fans per school. 

"IHSAA football games on Friday, Nov. 20, may continue utilizing IHSAA guidance that requires local health departments and communities to determine stadium capacity. The IHSAA will work with the Marion County health department on a limited spectator plan for state championship games at Lucas Oil Stadium."

- Dr. Box

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

What's 25% of capacity at LOS?  If they open up the upper deck, that might not be much of a difference than in other years.  

Depending on configuration, it's about 67,000.  A better way to probably figure it out is that, at the end of September, Marion County was allowing about 7,500 for the Colts game ... the one with the Jets.  My guess is that, if we go on lockdown levels again, that might be what they go with ... given that they've done it before and have a blueprint already for it.  The next level would be when they increased to around 12,500 back at the start of October in the game with the Bengals.  Both of those would be blueprint configs that they've run with and managed, so those are likely decent starting points for conjecture.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Depending on configuration, it's about 67,000.  A better way to probably figure it out is that, at the end of September, Marion County was allowing about 7,500 for the Colts game ... the one with the Jets.  My guess is that, if we go on lockdown levels again, that might be what they go with ... given that they've done it before and have a blueprint already for it.  The next level would be when they increased to around 12,500 back at the start of October in the game with the Bengals.  Both of those would be blueprint configs that they've run with and managed, so those are likely decent starting points for conjecture.

I was told by an unnamed AD that there is a good chance that the IHSAA will be played in another facility due to potential Marion County restrictions.

8 hours ago, Prospect said:

Yes because we all know how many fans have come down with the sniffles from attending football games this fall.  If there's been any, we would have all heard about it from Team Fear by now. 

• Disdain 1

7 hours ago, Prospect said:

Allowing no fans in Marion county wouldn't shock me at all. 

Yes they were the original clowns that were going to shut down all fall sports in Marion County back in August.

When you don't have any clue what you are doing, you tend to make decisions that make no sense. 

• Disdain 1

10 hours ago, Dirty D said:

I was told by an unnamed AD that there is a good chance that the IHSAA will be played in another facility due to potential Marion County restrictions.

Ben Davis, Warren, Center Grove, all seem like solid options with massive seat capacity, if they decide to go away from LOS. 

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Boss Hogg has been given free reign by the governor and has a presser scheduled Thursday. 

Yeah......and I am not optimistic.  I can envision the razor wire going up on the county line perimeter.

I’m scheduled to spend the first week in December at Disney with every in-law for ten generations and then go back to Florida a couple of weeks later.  

In all honesty, if it wasn’t for a seriously ailing aunt in Connersville that I am really close to and a Mom with dementia in Indy, my wife and I would just stay there through April.  

At this point, both of us pretty much run our individual business/jobs by phone and laptop anyway....and if I need to do something in Indy involving real human contact I have enough people that can stand in for me that I can do it from most anywhere.

Edited by Lysander

10 hours ago, Dirty D said:

Even after it was stated that the Marion health board or whatever was going to work with the LOS and the IHSAA to still play state? Idk how you go from a quote saying the decision makers are going to work something out, to the decision makers are gonna shut it down. 

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

Ben Davis, Warren, Center Grove, all seem like solid options with massive seat capacity, if they decide to go away from LOS. 

The proposed problem is Marion County though....correct?  Not LOS specifically.

CG would be an option....some HCC schools.

• Like 1