Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Governor's Address

33 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

One of the perks of the Indiana tournament is the chance to play your final game inside at Lucas Oil.  

An outside venue would seriously reduce attendance.

I think there will be a reduction in attendance anyway. If the play at LOS, I imagine they will clear the stadium after every game and you will have to buy a new ticket. It's the model that was done at the Volleyball State finals. That gives the fans from the two competing schools the best opportunity at a social distance lower sideline seat. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

I think there will be a reduction in attendance anyway. If the play at LOS, I imagine they will clear the stadium after every game and you will have to buy a new ticket. It's the model that was done at the Volleyball State finals. That gives the fans from the two competing schools the best opportunity at a social distance lower sideline seat. 

I wonder if that might not be the model post-COVID as well.  I could see it as possibly revenue enhancing.

10 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Yes because we all know how many fans have come down with the sniffles from attending football games this fall.  If there's been any, we would have all heard about it from Team Fear by now. 

Guess what high school football isn't about the fans, it's about the kids. If I can't attend a game for the rest of the season, but they can still play that's 100% a trade off that anyone can live with. 

10 hours ago, PhilLee said:

Yes they were the original clowns that were going to shut down all fall sports in Marion County back in August.

When you don't have any clue what you are doing, you tend to make decisions that make no sense. 

See above. How would you like to see Ben Davis forfeit because they ignored the precautions and someone tested positive? This has been a unique year and we are a couple weeks away from the state title. I think we should be willing to do anything it takes to see that the season is able to finish. 

• Like 6

In all honesty, my sentiments (in most things football related as well) probably falls not too far from @PhilLee ‘s.  With that, much like what @Prospect has stated, I’ll do whatever it takes (as a fan) to see the kids and coaches put together this Frankenstein monster of a 2020 season and ride it to some kind of completion.

My better half and I had already decided we weren’t going to LOS if the opportunity presented.  In part because we have some aged and ailing older relatives we are involved in the care of and in part because we just don’t want the potential hassle.

if we can just cull 3 more weeks out of this beast I’ll consider it a mission accomplished.

@BobRef - thinking I might need one of your “cliche call-outs” for the above.  I am aspiring for 100% on the cliche meter....someday.

• Like 2

I just posted this on another thread, but will repeat it here. Marion County did come down with tighter restrictions starting this Sunday. IF the 25% is allowed, that would be roughly 16,750 fans allowed. That surely is more than other years for each individual game, assuming they clear the stadium after each game. The problem comes in how to put that number of fans. I know when Westfield won the 5A title in 2016, we had the lower section on our side packed from end zone to end zone, with some fans up in the smaller 200 level seats above the lower level. 

• Special or seasonal events, like concerts, festivals, wedding receptions and sporting events, are limited to 25% capacity. Those events may include more than 50 people only if the event has an approved safety plan.

56 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I just posted this on another thread, but will repeat it here. Marion County did come down with tighter restrictions starting this Sunday. IF the 25% is allowed, that would be roughly 16,750 fans allowed. That surely is more than other years for each individual game, assuming they clear the stadium after each game. The problem comes in how to put that number of fans. I know when Westfield won the 5A title in 2016, we had the lower section on our side packed from end zone to end zone, with some fans up in the smaller 200 level seats above the lower level. 

• Special or seasonal events, like concerts, festivals, wedding receptions and sporting events, are limited to 25% capacity. Those events may include more than 50 people only if the event has an approved safety plan.

Thought the new guidelines Started Nov 30th? Or was that the Governers state wide stuff?