Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs Castle - 5A Semistate

Off to Evansville!  I don't know much about Castle, other than Maxpreps has them ranked #8 and they are sitting for the season at 8-3.  I think it is impressive they only allowed 105 points all year - or avg of 9.5 per game including their losses.  They put a beat-down on Jeffersonsville last night 49-7.  

Indianapolis Cathedral (11-1) at Castle (8-3)
GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Lidy Field.
COACHES: Bill Peebles, 26-10 in 3rd year at Cathedral, 100-75 in 16th year overall. Doug Hurt, 112-61 in 15th year at Castle.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Cathedral, 111.18, 2nd overall, 1st in 5A. Castle, 75.11, 36th overall, 10th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Cathedral defeated Whiteland, 39-6. Castle defeated Jeffersonville, 49-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Cathedral 72-28. Castle 64-55.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Cathedral, 1-0
LAST MEETING: Cathedral, 42-7, Aug. 27, 2005.
jh PREDICTION: Cathedral, 56-0.

Jeff was NOT a good football team.. see what Columbus East did to them... see what CG did to Columbus East, see how Cathedral and CG matched up... I would be shocked if this isn’t a running clock 6 minutes left in the 1st half. Yes @PHJIrishwe understand Cathedral will not overlook the Knights.. (just giving you a hard time buddy) 

Just now, Olympian06 said:

Jeff was NOT a good football team.. see what Columbus East did to them... see what CG did to Columbus East, see how Cathedral and CG matched up... I would be shocked if this isn’t a running clock 6 minutes left in the 1st half. Yes @PHJIrishwe understand Cathedral will not overlook the Knights.. (just giving you a hard time buddy) 

I hope you're right!  I'm trying to figure out if I want to drive all that distance to watch the game.  I'm a loyalist but that's a long round trip.  I've been the Evansville area three times for Cathedral games but I was much younger then.🤔

11 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I hope you're right!  I'm trying to figure out if I want to drive all that distance to watch the game.  I'm a loyalist but that's a long round trip.  I've been the Evansville area three times for Cathedral games but I was much younger then.🤔

Harrell has this as 56-0.  I've never seen a semi-state game predicted to be so lopsided.  Worst part of the drive this time of year is the deer all along I-69.  

Congrats to Castle on a nice season. I think 56-0 is a little much. Castle's defense isn't bad, but I still think Cathedral will be on cruise control. The running clock combined with Cathedral's 2nd string will cut down on points. Castle gets a field goal late. Final will be more like 42-3.

The fact that there are discussions about a Friday night football game in November for any Indiana High School remains (obviously) the biggest win far and away.  Most, if not all on this board surely agree on that ranking.  That being said Castle does have some weapons that could help them contend i.e. WR and TE that are underused by the OC along with a running back who has great hands but rarely gets that opportunity - and Cathedral’s defense would have their hands full for a bit with those three additions.  Sadly that will not occur as Castle’s offense remains highly predictable and I fully expect the staff at Cathedral to attack the exposed weaknesses.  56 zip?  Don’t think so.  Running clock?  Maybe.

58 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I would be very VERY surprised if attendance to the game will be be open to others besides players, coaches and parents given the new Covid numbers just released to day for the state.  If all things normal, I would have driven down and stayed night and back next morning.

Irish 49

Castle 10

48 minutes ago, tango said:

Harrell has this as 56-0.  I've never seen a semi-state game predicted to be so lopsided.  Worst part of the drive this time of year is the deer all along I-69.  

Me either.  I am a bit shocked at that.  Even though I might personally think it quite possible, I don’t think any analytics directly back it and it just seems inconsistent with Harrell’s usually somewhat conservative estimates.

3 hours ago, Dave007 said:

Off to Evansville!  I don't know much about Castle, other than Maxpreps has them ranked #8 and they are sitting for the season at 8-3.  I think it is impressive they only allowed 105 points all year - or avg of 9.5 per game including their losses.  They put a beat-down on Jeffersonsville last night 49-7.  

I don’t this game will be very close.  That said, Castle’s pretty young and they’ve improved a lot over the course of the year.  Impressive game by Tilly last night.

Edited by MHSTigerFan

Now hold up everyone. Cal Preps and Harrell’s aren’t very accurate in my opinion. Anyone that takes high school football seriously knows the only way to predict a winner is by using the good old ouija board. It rarely lets you down and it doesn’t factor in those silly numbers the others use. Two out of the three spirits i contacted picked the Castle, the third one picked White Castle, which I thought was strange.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

Castle Athletics announced a 6:30 Central start time on Friday.  

Assume the Irish are remotely learning on Friday?  VIrginia Caine gave Marion County schools (not sure if privates are exempt) until November 30th to go fully remote.

If so, they can hit I-69 early, huh?  

If not?

These two semi states give a couple of very strong examples for the use of a nuetral field at the semi state only.  

South semi state at Bedford or Bloomington

North semi state at Lafayette

14 minutes ago, southend said:

Southern Indiana is also part of the great state of Indiana. Why give the central area all the gravey?

when a team earns the home field, more power to them. And the community that surrounds them. 

Can you explain how you think any team has earned the home field for the semistate?

41 minutes ago, southend said:

Southern Indiana is also part of the great state of Indiana. Why give the central area all the gravey?

when a team earns the home field, more power to them. And the community that surrounds them. 

Home field is very important: to the victor, the spoils....