Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs Castle - 5A Semistate

18 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

IIRC, wasn't part of the issue a pre-game Mass and meal at St. Meinrad in 2009?  I thought that is what I heard.. a bit of a long-winded sermon and a recruiting pitch to answer a call to the vocation?  That might just be urban legend around these parts though. 

But yes, the roads in and out of the bowl are extremely unfriendly to visiting buses and fans.  My family member that needs a walker hates the bowl for that reason alone.  

I heard the same story.  

2 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

IIRC, wasn't part of the issue a pre-game Mass and meal at St. Meinrad in 2009?  I thought that is what I heard.. a bit of a long-winded sermon and a recruiting pitch to answer a call to the vocation?  That might just be urban legend around these parts though. 

But yes, the roads in and out of the bowl are extremely unfriendly to visiting buses and fans.  My family member that needs a walker hates the bowl for that reason alone.  

That too!

5 hours ago, Staxawax said:

But still, you had to love the bowl!

I saw my first game in the Bowl in 1958 and another game in 1976, so I knew what to expect.  It's a nice venue but in my 65 years of watching Irish football, it would not be in my top ten of venues to watch a game.

12 minutes ago, tango said:

Chatard did the same in 2018 and arrived late to Enlow.  Irish won’t have that problem this time.  

Is the Evansville HS where the Irish are having a meal and mass happen to be a school you might have some close familiarity with?

2 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I saw my first game in the Bowl in 1958 and another game in 1976, so I knew what to expect.  It's a nice venue but in my 65 years of watching Irish football, it would not be in my top ten of venues to watch a game.

This would be a great off season topic. I’m sure through your vast travels in following the Irish you have seen many fantastic venues in multiple states. I would welcome a favorites list (with pictures of course) from you after the season!

18 hours ago, Staxawax said:

This would be a great off season topic. I’m sure through your vast travels in following the Irish you have seen many fantastic venues in multiple states. I would welcome a favorites list (with pictures of course) from you after the season!

That would be difficult as I've seen the Irish play in more than 150 different venues.  I could probably give a short list if I have time to think it over.  Anywhere I have seen good high school football is a good venue though!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

The coach is a very good friend of Coach Peebles and they're celebrating Mass so it should narrow it down for you.

I’ve been filled in.  

After way too many years here the tea leaves usually tell the story.  Didn’t realize they were buds, though.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

Almost there. Tropicana for a couple hours of debauchery before the kick! War Irish! 

2CBD2DB9-20CD-40C0-9E6C-7BFD7564D0F4.jpeg

That's down home for me!  My mother was born and raised in Cannellburg, which is a suburb of Loogoogtee!😊

I still have a lot of cousins in Martin and Daviess Counties.  I get down there often.  Lots of good fishing down there.

36 minutes ago, fartfry18 said:

Loogootee is the armpit of Indiana

BOOOOOOOO!😠