Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli starting to look like a 6A Program

Guest DT

On 11/22/2020 at 11:41 AM, Grandpa B said:

Not expecting any tears.   Nor have we shed any in the last decade in a half.  

You should, with how your precious little p/p school treated at least one individual who had a different sexual orientation than you.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Nice to know that those with strong opinions are demeaned and degraded on this website, especially when it comes to p/p schools.  Talk about a titanic sized chip on one's shoulder.

2 minutes ago, southend said:

God, another thread hi jacked by the DT haters. 

Yep, RebelDad came out of retirement to lead the charge, just when his precious southern rebels are contending for a state title.  Coincidence? I think not.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

One could say the same for you.

and 10X more for you!  See I have been back for a week posting.  This seems to be your life with 5,000 posts.   Laughable that I should get a life.   Laughable.    Your hypocrisy I see has remained consistent over the years.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

You should, with how your precious little p/p school treated at least one individual who had a different sexual orientation than you.

Again, just as DT you are clueless.   The policy is the Archdiocese not Roncalli.   Try at least and have your facts right before you post nonfactual information.  I know over the years this has proven difficult, but give it a try at least. 

5 minutes ago, Grandpa B said:

This seems to be your life with 5,000 posts.   Laughable that I should get a life.   Laughable. 

Yes, about 1/2 half of 1 percent of my life.    Laughable that you slurp everything regarding Roncali and p/p schools, the zealot that you are.

5 minutes ago, Grandpa B said:

Your hypocrisy I see has remained consistent over the years.   

As has yours, friend.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Nice to know that those with strong opinions are demeaned and degraded on this website, especially when it comes to p/p schools.  Talk about a titanic sized chip on one's shoulder.

Yep, RebelDad came out of retirement to lead the charge, just when his precious southern rebels are contending for a state title.  Coincidence? I think not.

I come out mostly to see you and DT lose your minds with your hate as you see the success of the PPs.   I knew you would not disappoint.   Well done.

4 minutes ago, Grandpa B said:

Again, just as DT you are clueless.   The policy is the Archdiocese not Roncalli.   Try at least and have your facts right before you post nonfactual information.  I know over the years this has proven difficult, but give it a try at least. 

No, not clueless.  Religious zealots often move to marginalize those who don't follow their beliefs.  

It's like that quote: "You were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Yes, about 1/2 half of 1 percent of my life.    Laughable that you slurp everything regarding Roncali and p/p schools, the zealot that you are.

As has yours, friend.

I sadly consider myelf woeful in being a zealot compared to the zealot that you are in your zeal against the PPs.  

1 minute ago, Grandpa B said:

I come out mostly to see you and DT lose your minds with your hate as you see the success of the PPs.   I knew you would not disappoint.   Well done.

There you go again with the "hate" talk RebelDad.  Seems like nothing has changed on that front, you like to throw that word around like candy.  Must be part of the Roman Catholic guilt/hate complex you and others of your ilk frequently harbor.  Just don't go projecting it on others like DT and myself, who only want to strengthen the game of Indiana High School football where you and other p/p zealots only want to maintain your hegemony.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

No, not clueless.  Religious zealots often move to marginalize those who don't follow their beliefs.  

It's like that quote: "You were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

The Surpreme Court of the U.S. will ultimately decide if Religious Organizations have the right to hire and fire those that do or do not practice beliefs of the Religious Organization.   I will accept whatever decision they make.   Pretty sure you will not.  

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

There you go again with the "hate" talk RebelDad.  Seems like nothing has changed on that front, you like to throw that word around like candy.  Must be part of the Roman Catholic guilt/hate complex you and others of your ilk frequently harbor.  Just don't go projecting it on others like DT and myself, who only want to strengthen the game of Indiana High School football where you and other p/p zealots only want to maintain your hegemony.

Spare me.  Your "stregthen the game" comments by you and DT have and remain laughable.    I "practice" on who I want, just as you do.  The end of the day, nothing is going to change regarding the Success Factor.   They may tweek it to 4 years which I would fully support.  

1 hour ago, southend said:

God, another thread hi jacked by the DT haters. 

How is a tread that one is talking about Roncalli hijaked on a tread about Roncalli?   What, only people that agree with DT are allowed to come on here and agree with him?    Please explain.     Can't wait to hear this? 

About my good buddy @DT:

Sure, we used to be at odds and I didn’t really care for his schtick at times, but he just wants a level playing field.  Nothing wrong with that at all, but just some of his strategies (and football is a game of strategy) does put people off (myself included).  But then again, his comments, no matter if you love or hate them, does stir up conversation and does indeed lead to a more level playing field.

Keep tilling those windmills, Don Quixote.  I’m gonna talk about nicknames like the Forest Park Rangers and Tell City Marksmen.

30 minutes ago, Gipper said:

About my good buddy @DT:

Sure, we used to be at odds and I didn’t really care for his schtick at times, but he just wants a level playing field.  Nothing wrong with that at all, but just some of his strategies (and football is a game of strategy) does put people off (myself included).  But then again, his comments, no matter if you love or hate them, does stir up conversation and does indeed lead to a more level playing field.

Keep tilling those windmills, Don Quixote.  I’m gonna talk about nicknames like the Forest Park Rangers and Tell City Marksmen.

As electoral politics in recent years have shown, one of the greatest cultural challenges we face as a society is intolerance ... and I’m talking primarily about intolerance for the opinions of others. This is manifested by the growing trend of demonizing those with contrary opinions. “They have bad opinions, or do things that I don’t like, therefore they must be bad people.” If people were just a little more live-and-let-live, the world (and the GID) would be a better place.  @DT, @Muda69, and all our other notorious contrarians and out-of-the-box thinkers:

👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

9 hours ago, Grandpa B said:

How is a tread that one is talking about Roncalli hijaked on a tread about Roncalli?   What, only people that agree with DT are allowed to come on here and agree with him?    Please explain.     Can't wait to hear this? 

And then the haters. Good god. 

7 minutes ago, southend said:

And then the haters. Good god. 

How is that an answer?   This tread is about Roncalli.   When someone (read Muda or DT), make a disparaging comment about Roncalli I am going to respond.   I have that right.   Muda and DT are certainly entitled to their position but if they say things that are factually incorrect and make disparaging comments about people associated with Roncallie that I know are incorrect, I am going to fire back.  

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Grandpa B said:

How is that an answer?   This tread is about Roncalli.   When someone (read Muda or DT), make a disparaging comment about Roncalli I am going to respond.   I have that right.   Muda and DT are certainly entitled to their position but if they say things that are factually incorrect and make disparaging comments about people associated with Roncallie that I know are incorrect, I am going to fire back.  

I’m all for the Rebels.  Putting them in 6A may be a bit extreme, but maybe it’s not.  Things do change from year to year as nothing is constant.  They would need to go to 5A first and after getting smacked around by their Cathedral cousins, they could be back in 4A before you can belt out a verse of Avé Maria.

Or Gather us In...

9 hours ago, Bobref said:

As electoral politics in recent years have shown, one of the greatest cultural challenges we face as a society is intolerance ... and I’m talking primarily about intolerance for the opinions of others. This is manifested by the growing trend of demonizing those with contrary opinions. “They have bad opinions, or do things that I don’t like, therefore they must be bad people.” If people were just a little more live-and-let-live, the world (and the GID) would be a better place.  @DT, @Muda69, and all our other notorious contrarians and out-of-the-box thinkers:

👍

As touched on earlier, football is a game of strategy, and it looks like posting on this forum also is.  So what if they have a scorched earth policy at times?  Nothing wrong with rocking the boat...

20 minutes ago, Gipper said:

As touched on earlier, football is a game of strategy, and it looks like posting on this forum also is.  So what if they have a scorched earth policy at times?  Nothing wrong with rocking the boat...

It would be a great time to donate to the site!

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grandpa B said:

The Surpreme Court of the U.S. will ultimately decide if Religious Organizations have the right to hire and fire those that do or do not practice beliefs of the Religious Organization.   I will accept whatever decision they make.   Pretty sure you will not.  

I have no issue with Religious Organizations having the right to hire and fire who they please.  As I stated before it is more of a question of whether or not they should.