Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 46 final looks to have been state championship

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Cool stat and I wonder if its ever been beaten.  Covenant Christian and Ben Davis playing for state championship berths Friday night and their campuses are just over 1 mile apart...

Which stat?  Distance between campuses vying for state berths?

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Cool stat and I wonder if its ever been beaten.  Covenant Christian and Ben Davis playing for state championship berths Friday night and their campuses are just over 1 mile apart...

Is this the reincarnation of temptation or a new and improved version?

3 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

Guerin Catholic made it to semi state after its 5th year I believe...

Correct, Guerin Catholic played in semi-state against Fountain Central in 1A back in 2010 ... dropping that game 22-20.  They followed that up by also appearing in semi-state in 2011 against Mater Dei in 2A .. dropping that game 27-16.

They may be one of the quickest teams to traverse classes as well starting in 1A in 2006, moving to 2A in 2011, and then 3A in 2013.

8 hours ago, foxbat said:

Correct, Guerin Catholic played in semi-state against Fountain Central in 1A back in 2010 ... dropping that game 22-20.  They followed that up by also appearing in semi-state in 2011 against Mater Dei in 2A .. dropping that game 27-16.

They may be one of the quickest teams to traverse classes as well starting in 1A in 2006, moving to 2A in 2011, and then 3A in 2013.

Guerin was 2a in 06. 

They beat Winamac in first round of sectionals, then i believe Noll then lost to Rensselaer. 

On 11/14/2020 at 6:34 PM, temptation said:

For what it’s worth, Lawrence Central won 6A and Cathedral won 5A in 2012. They are about a mile apart. 

• Like 1

I'm kind of interested in Covenant Christian at this point.  I followed them a bit last season, but Lutheran stole most of the light with their juggernaut out of the south.  While I had Covenant Christian in my Top 10 in the GID poll this season due to their week in and week out, I had been concerned about their SOS ... although their late-September 2TD victory over 2A Heritage Christian helped alleviate that concern as well as their recent knock-off of Lutheran who had a 2TD point differential in Sagarin.  Lutheran was pretty solid last season and also pretty balanced across the board.  Is their anyone who can speak to Lutheran last year vs. how they looked this year?  That would help me get a better feel for Covenant Christian this season.

1 hour ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

For what it’s worth, Lawrence Central won 6A and Cathedral won 5A in 2012. They are about a mile apart. 

It'd be nice if Jeff would pick up steam in 6A as 1A LCC and Jeff are less than a mile apart on the same road.  LCC and West Lafayette are about four miles apart and both won state back in 2009 and both appeared at LOS in 2015 with LCC winning and WL dropping their bid against Chatard.  Back in 2011, both teams made it to semi-state ... LCC advanced to a three-peat win at LOS, while WL dropped their semi-state bid to South Bend St. Joe.

21 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Guerin was 2a in 06. 

They beat Winamac in first round of sectionals, then i believe Noll then lost to Rensselaer. 

You are correct. That was Guerin's first season and then they moved down to 1A in 2007

23 hours ago, foxbat said:

I'm kind of interested in Covenant Christian at this point.  I followed them a bit last season, but Lutheran stole most of the light with their juggernaut out of the south.  While I had Covenant Christian in my Top 10 in the GID poll this season due to their week in and week out, I had been concerned about their SOS ... although their late-September 2TD victory over 2A Heritage Christian helped alleviate that concern as well as their recent knock-off of Lutheran who had a 2TD point differential in Sagarin.  Lutheran was pretty solid last season and also pretty balanced across the board.  Is their anyone who can speak to Lutheran last year vs. how they looked this year?  That would help me get a better feel for Covenant Christian this season.

Obviously I'm biased, but here's my take:  From what I saw last year (was only around the last two games of Covenant's season) and this year, I would say Lutheran was at about the same level as last year.  Much more pass-heavy without McFadden, but had a lot of multi-year starters back.

• Thanks 1