Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North Semi-State: Pioneer @ FW Bishop Luers

2 hours ago, Prospect said:

"Big Brother in the east" doesn't quite fit if the best win they have in years is over a 1A school playing in 2A. Also losing to the worst team in the SAC doesn't help their cause either. 

It’s relative.  With respect to the post and to pioneer they are “big brother”.  Relative to those in the SAC and NE8 not so much.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I thought that was Scecina fan though now?/   

Either way my Luers friends, those who have been around here a long long time dealt with some posters from Indy who would refer to playing Pioneer, or other rural schools as the difference in the upcoming game was the "city speed" vs other schools 

nothing more, nothing less  

Rooting for my friends at Pioneer to win this one and the next one as well.  But I am a Region 4 guy!! 

My apologies to Ritter fans. Any school named after John Ritter is OK with me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Prospect said:

"Big Brother in the east" doesn't quite fit if the best win they have in years is over a 1A school playing in 2A. Also losing to the worst team in the SAC doesn't help their cause either. 

Why do much hate for the Mighty Bulldogs?

We know, here on the GID, the SAC is Down trending, but man stop taking it out, your frustrations, on New Haven! 
They have never been good , and never have had any good coaching for 50 or so years. So you ragging on them is pathetic. 
Before long the SAC will be with the “DOG’S” to the East. LOL 😂 

2 hours ago, southend said:

We know, here on the GID, the SAC is Down trending, but man stop taking it out, your frustrations, on New Haven! 
They have never been good , and never have had any good coaching for 50 or so years. So you ragging on them is pathetic. 

New haven't wouldn't be a bad addition I don't know why they get so much hate. They have athletes if they could just get a good coaching crew and program built through the middle school they would be fine 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, southend said:

Again, the only class the SAC hasn't had success is in 6A, but who outside the MIC has? Nobody. 

There were 3 SAC teams playing for Regional titles last week and there are 4 state championships in the last 5 years. 

7 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

New haven't wouldn't be a bad addition I don't know why they get so much hate. They have athletes if they could just get a good coaching crew and program built through the middle school they would be fine 

If you want South Side and Wayne to gain and extra victory every year while watching Snider, Homestead and Carroll mercy rule them in the 1st half, then yes they would be a great addition. At this point adding New Haven would be as beneficial as adding Prairie Heights.

3 minutes ago, Prospect said:

there are 4 state championships in the last 5 years. 

After (THIS )year there will be 2 (TWO)state champs in the last 5 years, (see the trend),  after next year there will be 1 (one) state champ in the last 5 years(see the trend).

Yea, regional winners.

When arguably the best team in the conference Dwenger gets its walking papers from a 5-5 team,and the best 6a team in the conference gets (I don’t know what you would call that beat down) I guess I just did beat down. Ahh, forgot Concordia Cadets.  
See the trend. “I see said the blind man”

• Disdain 1

31 minutes ago, Prospect said:

If you want South Side and Wayne to gain and extra victory every year while watching Snider, Homestead and Carroll mercy rule them in the 1st half, then yes they would be a great addition. At this point adding New Haven would be as beneficial as adding Prairie Heights.

There you go again, what has New Haven done to you guys ,to invoke such spite . 
Im with BLKnights here, if brought in to the SAC, The mighty Bulldogs might attack a decent coach. Would be a nice 4a addition to the conference.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, southend said:

After (THIS )year there will be 2 (TWO)state champs in the last 5 years, (see the trend),  after next year there will be 1 (one) state champ in the last 5 years(see the trend).

Yea, regional winners.

When arguably the best team in the conference Dwenger gets its walking papers from a 5-5 team,and the best 6a team in the conference gets (I don’t know what you would call that beat down) I guess I just did beat down. Ahh, forgot Concordia Cadets.  

Luers has a great shot at winning a state title this year. Zionsville is a 6A schools playing in 5A for this cycle because of the Elkhart consolidation. Again you are arguing something that everyone here from the SAC agrees on and that is the 6A schools need to do something to be more competitive. 

37 minutes ago, southend said:

There you go again, what has New Haven done to you guys ,to invoke such spite . 
Im with BLKnights here, if brought in to the SAC, The mighty Bulldogs might attack a decent coach. Would be a nice 4a addition to the conference.  

Every New Haven fan I have met including you thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread. They play a weak schedule the first half of the year and come in undefeated until losing to EN, CC, Dekalb and Leo. You can't honestly think they'll be competitive in the SAC when they cannot compete in the NE8. Also talking about walking papers, the puppies got theirs from 1-9 South Side. 

17 minutes ago, Prospect said:

Every New Haven fan I have met including you thinks they are the best thing since sliced bread 

Lol, lol, lol, I’m liking you more and more. I think we could be buddies. Are you old enough to drink beer yet? I’ll be in Auburn in a week or so, we could meet up, and it’s on me. 
By the way I’m really a pretty nice guy! 

12 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

Might be too late.  That Jr class has been the last talent rich class to come through the MS for the last 6 years.

• Sad 1

Most years I would say this would be a Luers victory.  This year the covid did Pioneer a schedule favor.  Playing Chesterton and winning was big for the Panthers.  That was the game to prepare for Andrean and Luers.  If everyone is healthy I think Pioneer will win this one by 8.

4 hours ago, southend said:

Lol, lol, lol, I’m liking you more and more. I think we could be buddies. Are you old enough to drink beer yet? I’ll be in Auburn in a week or so, we could meet up, and it’s on me. 
By the way I’m really a pretty nice guy! 

Yes I am old enough to drink beer, but I don't live near Auburn unfortunately. I have no doubts you are a nice guy, I am most of the time as well. We just have differing opinions which is totally ok 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scat said:

Most years I would say this would be a Luers victory.  This year the covid did Pioneer a schedule favor.  Playing Chesterton and winning was big for the Panthers.  That was the game to prepare for Andrean and Luers.  If everyone is healthy I think Pioneer will win this one by 8.

FB was out 2 weeks ago vs Bremen, so they missed him last week and still won, which a big boost for Pioneer machine, Robinson is a good player for them however, but they adjusted like they always do and found a way 

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

FB was out 2 weeks ago vs Bremen, so they missed him last week and still won, which a big boost for Pioneer machine, Robinson is a good player for them however, but they adjusted like they always do and found a way 

Agree coach.  Robinson's speed will be missed. Kind of reminds me of Danny Gregorich's broken leg suffered in semi-state against Southwood a couple of years ago.

Then we had trouble containing Tyler Meuer from Linton-Stockton in the state final. He was a very shifty qb but we were gassed from chasing him around all game.

Edited by Laces_Out_Dan

2 hours ago, Laces_Out_Dan said:

Agree coach.  Robinson's speed will be missed. Kind of reminds me of Danny Gregorich's broken leg suffered in semi-state against Southwood a couple of years ago.

Then we had trouble containing Tyler Meuer from Linton-Stockton in the state final. He was a very shifty qb but we were gassed from chasing him around all game.

Meurer gassed a LOT of defenses in his career.  The kid was a human highlight reel waiting to happen every time he touched the ball.  I've seen him do some amazing things on a football field.  Thanks for the shoutout to one of Linton's greatest players, Tyler Meurer.

3 hours ago, Laces_Out_Dan said:

Losing him before state was a game changer. I swear to God it was. 

6 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Losing him before state was a game changer. I swear to God it was. 

I think so,  but the Miners (mostly Meurer) exposed a weakness that we had and that was playing more players. Ever since that game, Pioneer has had a decent rotation of  defensive linemen and linebackers to stay somewhat fresh during games to put pressure on opposing QBs.

Edited by Laces_Out_Dan

13 hours ago, southend said:

Yea, regional winners.

Don't worry..the blind man foresees state titles on the horizon for the dreaded sac..sf will make sure of it😉

9 hours ago, TheKnight09 said:

This comes down to whichever Luers defense shows up on Friday.  Offensively Luers should do fine, defensively I’m a little worried.  Hoping for a great game and would love another Luers state game, but just taking it one week at a time.

I'd have to agree, I just don't see any way the Panthers can contain this high flying Luers offense. If you look at what Luers has been doing to all of the 2A teams they've faced, I'd say they are the clear favorite.

57 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

I'd have to agree, I just don't see any way the Panthers can contain this high flying Luers offense. If you look at what Luers has been doing to all of the 2A teams they've faced, I'd say they are the clear favorite.

Pioneers highest points against this season is the 32 that New Haven hung on them, also their only loss. I haven't seen much of Luers offense but if they compare at all to NH the Pioneer offense will need to be ready on call.

1 minute ago, CrocSmack said:

Pioneers highest points against this season is the 32 that New Haven hung on them, also their only loss. I haven't seen much of Luers offense but if they compare at all to NH the Pioneer offense will need to be ready on call.

NHHS Bulldogs were just lucky in that game.
 The Haven. No way Luers compares to “little sister to the East “