Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North Semi-State: Pioneer @ FW Bishop Luers

16 hours ago, Laces_Out_Dan said:

Agree coach.  Robinson's speed will be missed. Kind of reminds me of Danny Gregorich's broken leg suffered in semi-state against Southwood a couple of years ago.

Then we had trouble containing Tyler Meuer from Linton-Stockton in the state final. He was a very shifty qb but we were gassed from chasing him around all game.

It was against AC not Southwood. He and AC receiver Chase Peterson both broke their legs in that game that was a monsoon and I don't think they were too far apart when they happened, but it's been 4 years ago. Watching that state finals, I knew it was going to be trouble for Pioneer not having him. He did a lot with Kiser on that team.

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

It was against AC not Southwood. He and AC receiver Chase Peterson both broke their legs in that game that was a monsoon and I don't think they were too far apart when they happened, but it's been 4 years ago. Watching that state finals, I knew it was going to be trouble for Pioneer not having him. He did a lot with Kiser on that team.

I stand corrected.. it was AC. My memory is slipping. 

Nope, Pioneer plays in the PIT, they welcome unnecceary field adjustments :classic_ninja:

After my anger subsided 10 years ago, I know feel a sense of pride that Head Coach at the time felt the need to alter the field for a chance for his team to compete.  So I will take that win 10 years later.  :classic_laugh:

13 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Nope, Pioneer plays in the PIT, they welcome unnecceary field adjustments :classic_ninja:

After my anger subsided 10 years ago, I know feel a sense of pride that Head Coach at the time felt the need to alter the field for a chance for his team to compete.  So I will take that win 10 years later.  :classic_laugh:

They wanted to take away your speed advantage.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

22-0 PIONEER  in 2nd Quarter.   

From Radio guys I am listening to, sounds like they are befuddled that Pioneer is really good at running the wing T and cannot understand how they keep gashing them off tackle. 

Makes sense I never trusted a mascot with a wagon ever sense the boomer sooner keeps tipping over 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BLKnights7 said:

Makes sense I never trusted a mascot with a wagon ever sense the boomer sooner keeps tipping over 

Luers is very explosive and gets the ball at half.   NEED TO SCORE if your the KNIGHTS here to start the 3rd.  if not Pioneer will bleed that clock even more. 

21 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Luers is very explosive and gets the ball at half.   NEED TO SCORE if your the KNIGHTS here to start the 3rd.  if not Pioneer will bleed that clock even more. 

Luers scores open the half in first 3 minutes.   28-14

See what adjustments are made for Luers D, I will tell you this, Pioneer staff has seen it all

Pooch kick recoverd By Luers

30 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Luers scores open the half in first 3 minutes.   28-14

See what adjustments are made for Luers D, I will tell you this, Pioneer staff has seen it all

Pooch kick recoverd By Luers

Not sure what they have done, but BIG MO has flipped

35-28.   Luers.   28 point blitzing 

On 11/15/2020 at 8:40 PM, Offintheyard said:
2 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Luers had several drops including a walk in TD early in the game and 2 lost fumbles that helped dig them a whole but man can that offense score in a hurry. I fully expect them to win another State Title next weekend.

I sure hope so! This team has fought so hard an overcome so much adversity. As a former Knight and State Champion, each week they have showed me the attributes of a championship team. I’m proud of the effort tonight, especially the halftime adjustments defensively. Now we’re back home to Indianapolis! This week they need to focus on the goal and prepare for a Webo team who runs a similar style offense as Pioneer and oh by the way, is the 2 time defending state champion. It’s all come down to this, gotta leave everything out there on the field. If they do that and play 48 minutes of Luers football, I think they can leave LOS as State Champions.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I sure hope so! This team has fought so hard an overcome so much adversity. As a former Knight and State Champion, each week they have showed me the attributes of a championship team. I’m proud of the effort tonight, especially the halftime adjustments defensively. Now we’re back home to Indianapolis! This week they need to focus on the goal and prepare for a Webo team who runs a similar style offense as Pioneer and oh by the way, is the 2 time defending state champion. It’s all come down to this, gotta leave everything out there on the field. If they do that and play 48 minutes of Luers football, I think they can leave LOS as State Champions.

Once a knight always a knight.  

I remember the 07 championship game at the RCA Dome well.  Hammock’s hit on Meador...man what a hit.  Wasn’t a player but was on the field for a different reason.  Once The Knight,.......well I’m a little too out of shape from those days.

One heck of a second half by the Knights.  Congratulations to all, proud to see a sibling and several former students move on to the next level.  Time to bring it home.