Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

2A North Semi-State: Pioneer @ FW Bishop Luers


Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Offintheyard said:

Pioneer has a 1A enrollment and playing up in 2A. If memory serves correctly, the game with NH was a last minute addition to the schedule due to covid. I believe that the game was a week after Pioneer beat 6A Chesterton and had some key injuries but still scheduled up to 4A NH. Yeah, they lost but a 1A enrollment beating a 6A and losing in the closing minutes to a 4A isn't too shabby. 

I know the SAC prepares Luers but Pioneer's schedule wasn't too bad either. Andrean was no slouch either. It's ok though, I'm sure Pioneer doesn't mind being overlooked or having their loss to NH being a sign that fans don't think they can beat Luers. 

Good luck to both teams, I hope it is a great game and that both teams come out healthy.

No disrespect to Pioneer.  They are consistently a very solid team.  Will be a good game.

Just found it funny that a middle of the pack NE8 team was referred to BOTH as “the toughest team P has played” as well as “little sister to the East” in the same post.

“Big brother to the East” would seem to have been a more apt description.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

No disrespect to Pioneer.  They are consistently a very solid team.  Will be a good game.

Just found it funny that a middle of the pack NE8 team was referred to BOTH as “the toughest team P has played” as well as “LITTLE SISTER TO THE EAST" in the same post.

“BIG BROTHER to the East” would seem to have been a more apt description.

LoL. love it! HaHa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

It's 2020 it's not that funny and offensive to my fellow class mates that went through luers 

The only thing not funny and offensive is your stupidity. There was no slander or negative connotation in my post but you turned it that way through pure ignorance. 
 

Lighten up Francis. 

  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

The only thing not funny and offensive is your stupidity. There was no slander or negative connotation in my post but you turned it that way through pure ignorance. 
 

Lighten up Francis. 

Your calling a black doctor ignorant and stupid? Very nice but anyway back to football. I could see it swing either way hopefully luers defense shows up

Edited by BLKnights7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Your calling a black doctor ignorant and stupid? Very nice but anyway back to football. I could see it swing either way hopefully luers defense shows up

Defense will be huge for both teams, and I fear if it turns into a shootout the Panthers ground game won’t be able to keep up with Luers passing attack.

Luers qb is very impressive with accuracy and ball placement and their skill guys can score from anywhere on the field. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

“Big brother to the East” would seem to have been a more apt description.

"Big Brother in the east" doesn't quite fit if the best win they have in years is over a 1A school playing in 2A. Also losing to the worst team in the SAC doesn't help their cause either. 

12 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Defense will be huge for both teams, and I fear if it turns into a shootout the Panthers ground game won’t be able to keep up with Luers passing attack.

Luers qb is very impressive with accuracy and ball placement and their skill guys can score from anywhere on the field. 

Luers has done well in every shootout they have gotten into this year so I would agree with your statement. I would expect to see a score similar to the Andrean score, but I have said this before with this Luers team and it usually ends up being a 45-41 type game..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many players play on both sides of the ball?  There are a lot of Pioneer kids playing offense and defense, special teams, etc..  If this turns into a track meet, is there an advantage if Luers doesn't have as many two-way players?

Pioneer's offense is just so methodical.  They execute and grind it out 4-5 yards at a time.  Can they eat a lot of clock and keep the ball and limit the number of Luers possessions?  I saw the Panthers also go to the wildcat look a lot and they didn't just run the ball, they threw it pretty effectively a couple times.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

How many players play on both sides of the ball?  There are a lot of Pioneer kids playing offense and defense, special teams, etc..  If this turns into a track meet, is there an advantage if Luers doesn't have as many two-way players?

Pioneer's offense is just so methodical.  They execute and grind it out 4-5 yards at a time.  Can they eat a lot of clock and keep the ball and limit the number of Luers possessions?  I saw the Panthers also go to the wildcat look a lot and they didn't just run the ball, they threw it pretty effectively a couple times.

 

Luers has very few two way players.
At Tipton whenever there was a possession change or special teams play it was a wholesale change of personnel for Luers, stepping on our chains and getting in our way as we were trying to get to where we needed to be. When there is 22 bodies moving through that area it can get congested.

Edited by Maynard111
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Then jaylon Smith hurdled the kid

 

38 minutes ago, jakone said:

Yes, Ritter fans tried to explain this to Luers fans a few years back.

That was God's gift to football, that Ritter team. Too bad the digest went down and we can't see those posts.   Luers best not get cocky at all.  Pioneer is the real deal.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, jakone said:

Yes, Ritter fans tried to explain this to Luers fans a few years back.

I thought that was Scecina fan though now?/   

Either way my Luers friends, those who have been around here a long long time dealt with some posters from Indy who would refer to playing Pioneer, or other rural schools as the difference in the upcoming game was the "city speed" vs other schools 

nothing more, nothing less  

Rooting for my friends at Pioneer to win this one and the next one as well.  But I am a Region 4 guy!! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...