Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Center Grove AT Ben Davis 6A South Semi-State

8 hours ago, temptation said:

Did BD’s “bad quarter” have anything to do with adjustments their opponent made or are we ignoring that fact?

CG swarmed to the ball and those quick/tunnel screen passes (BD’s bread and butter all night) had no shot in the second half...yet they had no other “go to” calls.

Some people are so quick to discredit the winning team...

I give complete credit to Coach Moore and the Trojans. They dominated that second half by doing what they do. They were more physical, and they took advantage of every error. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Ben Davis had a combined total of -11 yards rushing this year when playing CG. That’s counting the week 4 game and semi state game. Incredible stat really. It’s difficult to win when you can’t run the football.

Please explain that to Tom Allen.   IU had 10 yards rushing yesterday against Ohio State.  

22 hours ago, temptation said:

THANK YOU.  I guess that BD also forced the CG fumble at the mesh point on their second drive...

I will never accept lazy, one sided analysis, so no...we cannot have interesting discussion.

Fundamentally sound teams like CG who are not flashy get no love from some folks on here.  Hence, the reason some folks thought this game was going to be close.  CG may not be explosive compared to other teams but they impose their will and force you into submission.

BD became more and more deflated in their body language with each second half snap last night.  It was a downward spiral they could not stop.

How about we CREDIT CG for BD’s “bad quarter” next time?

I wasn’t analyzing squat, I just said BD had a bad 3Q, which they DID.  Goodness gracious, some of us don’t spend all day on their keyboard at this website because they  have nothing else to do with their lives.  Some of us actually have families, practices, schedules to keep.

I’m not a reporter or play by play or hot take guy, so I don’t have to do anything to satisfy any of you that think I should.  I simply said BD had a bad 3Q, as they did.  It’s too bad is all.

You’re pathetic temptation.  You’re truly pathetic and you could never say anything you have to say to my face.

2 hours ago, DT said:

Please explain that to Tom Allen.   IU had 10 yards rushing yesterday against Ohio State.  

IU lost.

I am not saying you can’t win a game or 2 like this, but to consistently win with hardly getting any rushing yards is very difficult. Especially in high school.

1 hour ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

I wasn’t analyzing squat, I just said BD had a bad 3Q, which they DID.  Goodness gracious, some of us don’t spend all day on their keyboard at this website because they  have nothing else to do with their lives.  Some of us actually have families, practices, schedules to keep.

I’m not a reporter or play by play or hot take guy, so I don’t have to do anything to satisfy any of you that think I should.  I simply said BD had a bad 3Q, as they did.  It’s too bad is all.

You’re pathetic temptation.  You’re truly pathetic and you could never say anything you have to say to my face.

I’m pathetic even though you’ve resorted to the name calling and while you speak to me from your ivory tower?

I may be on here more than you are but when I do log in, I don’t resort to name calling.  What’s that say about you?  

Like I said, I’ll call out lazy analysis EVERY TIME.  Make your daily visits (that you somehow seem to squeeze in despite being a family/career man) count by actually providing substance to the discussion.

My elementary aged kids could watch one quarter of football and tell me “dat wuz a bad quarter.”

Do better next time...and the time after that.