Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A North Semi State: South Adams @ LCC

1 hour ago, LCCAlum said:

Is someone asking anyone to feel sorry for LCC? Your "unbiased" opinion around here is that LCC shouldn't get a home game because they had a bye two weeks ago. So stop feeling sorry for South Adams because they have to get on a bus for 2 hours to go play on a arguably one of the best grass football fields in the state in 60 degree weather. Seems like great evening for the 42 point favorite Starfires.

What’s the field condition at LCC currently? Playing only 3 home games all year id guess it’s probably the best shape of all grad fields in the state 

10 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Do you know something we don’t know? Or are you trolling? Any other person I would assume be trolling, but you’d be one to know something more. 

No trolling.  let's just say that some of us are planning on being in Berne....not Lafayette on Friday night.

Similar to last yrs game w Luth.... I think Lcc needs to hold SA to at least 28pts to hav a chance in this one.... havin given up 32 las wk..... not sure the knight D will b up for the challenge......  if they do get into a track meet w SA..... well then ... lcc will need a break to counter SAs experience..... jmho

17 hours ago, temptation said:

Guess NFL teams should just start shooting for 9-7 and trying to squeeze into the playoffs then huh?

Please compare apples to apples.  

Also, are teams in quarantine allowed to practice or assemble?  What advantage would be had from kids sitting around at home doing absolutely nothing?

1 hour ago, Antonio Browns Alter Ego said:

What’s the field condition at LCC currently? Playing only 3 home games all year id guess it’s probably the best shape of all grad fields in the state 

LCC's Field is in beautiful shape. It's a kentucky bluegrass field cut like a golf fairway. It plays fast like turf. After Friday, the Tarp will go on the field for the winter. 

I am starting to hear that because LCC was on the bye, even if they played Traders Point which would have been on the road for the sectional title. That Bye game will be considered a home game. Looks like Temptations grievance can be rescinded.

Edited by LCCAlum

15 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

Please compare apples to apples.  

Also, are teams in quarantine allowed to practice or assemble?  What advantage would be had from kids sitting around at home doing absolutely nothing?

LCC had to quarantine recently?  We are talking specific to the tournament.  Let's stick to facts.

LCC advanced to the regional because another team had to forefit.  They, then get to HOST a semi-state game despite having played one fewer game.  Nothing more, nothing less.

There is no exact science and perfect answer to either side.  Some will believe that teams benefit from one fewer game and others don't.  It's not a one size fits all approach.  I tend to fall on the side that LCC benefited.  That's all.

Good luck to both teams on Friday night.

19 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

LCC's Field is in beautiful shape. It's a kentucky bluegrass field cut like a golf fairway. It plays fast like turf. After Friday, the Tarp will go on the field for the winter. 

I am starting to hear that because LCC was on the bye, even if they played Traders Point which would have been on the road for the sectional title. That Bye game will be considered a home game. Looks like Temptations grievance can be rescinded.

Always loved playing on this field with the youth program ... even before the new grass/drainage.  It's even better now.  Facilities are also nice too. 

Drains really well and like you said, plays fast like turf ... but without the turf toe and brushburns.  Holds up really well in a regular season ... have to imagine it's in great shape with only two home games so far this season and the last one being almost a month ago come gametime.

18 hours ago, foxbat said:

That's incorrect. 

Sectionals hosting per IHSAA -

First Round: The second-named team in the blind draw is host school unless the two teams agree to switch the site.
Semifinals: The team without a home game will host. Exception: The bye team will always be the visitor. If both teams were hosts or both were visitors, the second-named team in the quarter bracket will host. In 6A & 5A, in the four team sectionals, the second-named team will host.
Championships: Host team will be the team that has played the most away games. If both teams have played the same number of away games, the bottom bracket team shall host.

• First round - LCC got home for first game because of ping pong balls.
  • Semifinals - LCC plays on the road because Clinton Central played away the first game, so they get to be home because LCC was home the week before.
  • Championships - Trader's Point would have been home team vs. Clinton Prairie in semifinals because both teams were on the road in first round and Trader's Point was the second named team ... the lower bracket team.  Clinton Prairie forfeited due to COVID, giving TPCS a home win in semifinals and since LCC and TPCS both had the same number of away games, TPCS was given home field advantage for the championship game.  As such, LCC would have been the visiting team.  LCC defeats TPCS when TPCS forfeits due to COVID.

Regionals hosting per IHSAA -

Classes A, 3A & 5A
Sectional final game non-host, if applicable, or lower sectional # (i.e., Sect. 1 is lower than Sect. 2).

• LCC was non-host in the sectional final game.  Whether they played or not, they would have still been the non-host and winner to have reached regionals. 
  • Winamac was also the non-host for the Sectional Championship game.  LCC has the disadvantage here because Section 41, Winamac's section, is lower than LCC's section, 42, ... Winamac gets the host position due to the fact that they have the lower section.

Classes A, 3A & 5A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1).

*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host.

• LCC was regional non-host.
  • South Adams was also non-host.
  • However, South Adams hosted a sectional final whereas LCC was scheduled to be away for the sectional.  By the last decider, "If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host," LCC serves as host.  

The only way that South Adams would serve as host is if you altered LCC's away game with TPCS and not only gave the a win, but also changed the bracket and made them home.  In that case, South Adams would be home for semi-state because they are Sectional 43, the higher section number, and LCC is sectional 42.

Depends on how the covid tournament game cancelations have been defined by the Ihsaa... Did they say they were considered games not played? ..... or forfeits? Or what?.... A bye game only applied to the initial sec bracket annual ping pong drop..... or not?   Hmmmmmm

11 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Depends on how the covid tournament game cancelations have been defined by the Ihsaa... Did they say they were considered games not played? ..... or forfeits? Or what?.... A bye game only applied to the initial sec bracket annual ping pong drop..... or not?   Hmmmmmm

The items that I put in the post were from the IHSAA.org website ... in the tournament pairings area which talks about the pairings show, the pairings, and the rules for hosting.  There's nothing that signifies any special treatment in altering home/away based on forfeits, COVID, etc.

Even if the bye thing applied down the line, it wouldn't have impacted LCC because, even with a bye, LCC played away at Winamac the week AFTER their bye.  In other words, whether LCC was at home or on the road for the game that was forfeited, LCC would have played at Winamac.

As I stated in my original post covering this, "The only way that South Adams would serve as host is if you altered LCC's away game with TPCS and not only gave the a win, but also changed the bracket and made them home.  In that case, South Adams would be home for semi-state because they are Sectional 43, the higher section number, and LCC is sectional 42."  This may well be where the IHSAA is going with this if it's going to be scheduled at South Adams now, but it also seems odd that there's no mention or addendum on the IHSAA site, at least as of a couple of days ago, as to how they were handling forfeits which would lead you to believe it was as usual.  With that said, I don't know what the IHSAA sends to its member schools, so the only thing the common guys have to go on is what's on their site.

6 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

The ping pong drop rules.... the tournament jus processes as it normally would........ jmho

If you go literally by the rules or even by logistics scheduling, what you run into is the semi-state asterisks:

*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1).

*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host.

Both LCC and South Adams did not host for the regional.  South Adams hosted for sectional championships. 

Of course, there could be the "invisible" asterisks which says that says "if your opponent forfeits later on down the road, you pick up a hosting position."

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Whose Line GIFs | Tenor

👍

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

The items that I put in the post were from the IHSAA.org website ... in the tournament pairings area which talks about the pairings show, the pairings, and the rules for hosting.  There's nothing that signifies any special treatment in altering home/away based on forfeits, COVID, etc.

Even if the bye thing applied down the line, it wouldn't have impacted LCC because, even with a bye, LCC played away at Winamac the week AFTER their bye.  In other words, whether LCC was at home or on the road for the game that was forfeited, LCC would have played at Winamac.

As I stated in my original post covering this, "The only way that South Adams would serve as host is if you altered LCC's away game with TPCS and not only gave the a win, but also changed the bracket and made them home.  In that case, South Adams would be home for semi-state because they are Sectional 43, the higher section number, and LCC is sectional 42."  This may well be where the IHSAA is going with this if it's going to be scheduled at South Adams now, but it also seems odd that there's no mention or addendum on the IHSAA site, at least as of a couple of days ago, as to how they were handling forfeits which would lead you to believe it was as usual.  With that said, I don't know what the IHSAA sends to its member schools, so the only thing the common guys have to go on is what's on their site.

Wouldn't SA also been at home if not for the Wimamac upset of NJ... as Lcc would have then been sched at hm for Reg..... only the ishaa can say for sure.... but I think it all jus progresses as it normally would... whic I what I thout the Ihsaa said at the beginning.... who knows?