Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A North Semi State: South Adams @ LCC

On 11/14/2020 at 10:36 PM, Basementbias said:

This one intrigues me. South Adams is the #1 ranked team, but are they considered the underdogs in this one? LCC has the tradition and history as well as home field in this one. They are also the defending state champs. I thought South Adams looked pretty nervous last night against Southwood and played much differently than they have all season. Credit to Southwood for pushing them, but I think South Adams played "hesitant" as the favorite. Probably the pressure they put on themselves for collapsing at the same stage last year. Can the Starfires play fast and free this week or will it be the same? What should we expect out of LCC? I know Tipton was good, but Luers beating them yesterday they way they did surprised me.

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 3.07.04 PM.png

And this should move LCC up with last years win and the regional..that is six points.

15 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Wouldn't SA also been at home if not for the Wimamac upset of NJ... as Lcc would have then been sched at hm for Reg..... only the ishaa can say for sure.... but I think it all jus progresses as it normally would... whic I what I thout the Ihsaa said at the beginning.... who knows?

At a minimum, it would have forced the IHSAA to have made the policy known at least a week earlier as NJSP would have hosted the sectional championship and two home games.  LCC, to that point, had hosted one at home and had been away with the COVID forfeit in the balance.  LCC would have hosted regional if it was policy as normal and NJSP would have hosted if a COVID forfeit counts as a home game for the last team standing.

3 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 3.07.04 PM.png

And this should move LCC up with last years win and the regional..that is six points.

Yes..... this yr is the last harrah for Lcc in 1A for at least the next 2yrs... next yr they join Andrean, RC, Luers Easbrook,Tipton ect in 2A... Pioneer an Lcc replacing Webo who joined SR in 3A ... and EM, BC in 4A and so it goes...... 

Just now, BendNotBreak said:

Yes..... this yr is the last harrah for Lcc in 1A for at least the next 2yrs... next yr they join Andrean, RC, Luers Easbrook,Tipton ect in 2A... Pioneer an Lcc replacing Webo who joined SR in 3A ... and EM, BC in 4A and so it goes...... 

Lutheran avoids getting Scecina'd by virtue of their loss to Covenant Christian last week.  West Washington could also join LCC if they win out in the south and then win at LOS.

Pioneer will also stay up in 2A for another couple of years setting up a potential match-up of 1A sectional/regional foes in 2A post season.

1 minute ago, foxbat said:

Lutheran avoids getting Scecina'd by virtue of their loss to Covenant Christian last week.  West Washington could also join LCC if they win out in the south and then win at LOS.

Pioneer will also stay up in 2A for another couple of years setting up a potential match-up of 1A sectional/regional foes in 2A post season.

Gotta luv those Lcc Pioneer Sec games........

Of course.... as it stands now... if the ihsaa in its infinite wisdom puts the Panthers and Knights bac in the same Sec.... it guarantees that one of them will b competing for a 1A title in 3yrs...... somehow don't think that will happen.... but then again... ther is the WL BC GC BJ ect. model they could follow...... 

12 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Especially those several years when it was two teams in the Top 5 butting heads early ... even occasionally #1 vs. #2.

21 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I know they changed something, but Pioneer moves up? They did not win sectional last year so are they automatically up? Not sure they will be able to compete next year without the twins.

1 minute ago, Dirty D said:

I know they changed something, but Pioneer moves up? They did not win sectional last year so are they automatically up? Not sure they will be able to compete next year without the twins.

They changed pts needed to stay up in each new 2yr cycle.... to 2pts... the Panthers hit that w a Reg win this yr.... so they stay 2A for at least 2 more yrs....

13 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

I worked a sectional final between the two at Pioneer in 2005. LCC came from 2 scores down, assisted by the Pioneer coach making an arithmetic error and thinking he could knee it out, but ended up having to give the ball back. LCC then scored on the last play, went for 2 and made it to send the game into overtime. You can guess the result. We weren’t too popular in Royal Center that night. Our van had a flat tire when we came out of the locker room after the game, and while we were changing it, they turned out the lights in the parking lot. 😂🤣

12 minutes ago, Dirty D said:

They don't move up, they stay in 2A with 2 points.

I've learned to never count out Pioneer until the season's over and the dirt's been put on the casket.

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I worked a sectional final between the two at Pioneer in 2005. LCC came from 2 scores down, assisted by the Pioneer coach making an arithmetic error and thinking he could knee it out, but ended up having to give the ball back. LCC then scored on the last play, went for 2 and made it to send the game into overtime. You can guess the result. We weren’t too popular in Royal Center that night. Our van had a flat tire when we came out of the locker room after the game, and while we were changing it, they turned out the lights in the parking lot. 😂🤣

Gets really dark in Royal Center without those parking lot lights!

54 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Of course.... as it stands now... if the ihsaa in its infinite wisdom puts the Panthers and Knights bac in the same Sec.... it guarantees that one of them will b competing for a 1A title in 3yrs...... somehow don't think that will happen.... but then again... ther is the WL BC GC BJ ect. model they could follow...... 

Whoops gotta take that bac.... barring a rule change... an unlikely as it may be.... Pioneer and Lcc could take turns winning a Reg the next 2 yrs.... causing both to stay 2A... 

I'm hoping that AC's enrollment doesn't push them up to 2A with LCC moving up and Pioneer staying up. Plus SA will be talented, but not this talented. We have some good classes with this years freshman who will be sophomores and juniors that will be seniors in '21. Knowing our luck, we will bump up to 2A with Luers and Eastside.

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

If you go literally by the rules or even by logistics scheduling, what you run into is the semi-state asterisks:

*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1).

*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host.

Both LCC and South Adams did not host for the regional.  South Adams hosted for sectional championships. 

Of course, there could be the "invisible" asterisks which says that says "if your opponent forfeits later on down the road, you pick up a hosting position."

👍

There ur invisible asterisk!