Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A North Semi State: South Adams @ LCC

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Don't be so hasty to think Andrean is in 2a,   They have less than 390 students in their building.  

School website says 396...that should keep them 2a unless a bunch of 1a schools pass them up enrollment or a bunch of 3a schools fall to 2a.

Read that North Newton might be 1a as well. 

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Yeah, with the advent of open enrollment CP has been poaching students from it's main rival, Clinton Central.    The last I heard CC's 9-12 enrollment is now considerably less, around 270,  where the two schools used to have a roughly equivalent enrollment.

I've noticed CP's numbers have risen while CC's have dropped.  I can understand the drop at CC but wondered where the surge at CP would come from.  

2 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

I've noticed CP's numbers have risen while CC's have dropped.  I can understand the drop at CC but wondered where the surge at CP would come from.  

Folks having their kids leave Frankfort to switch to CP?

Edited by TheStatGuy

40 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

That as well,  thought I really don't understand why other than a desire to you have your caucasian child attend a high school where he/she isn't the racial minority.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Muda69 said:

CP has a much higher number of students from Frankfort than from the East side. I honestly couldn't tell you anyone at the HS from the district on the East side of the county but I am sure there are a few. We also don't run a bus into downtown Frankfort to pick up students who are out of our district. Our School board recently approved a cap that would eliminate out of district transfers in grades that have 100 students currently enrolled due to building and classroom limitations. Their are plenty of talks of housing addition in district that will limit most if not all transfers in the future unless a building project is done quickly. CP current enrolment is down about 20 off of the 380 that was stated. Will be interesting few years on the west side of Clinton county and the developments that take place at 28 and 65 intersection. There is some potential to explode with in district student numbers that could push CP out of the 1a conversation completely. 

• Like 2

On 11/17/2020 at 1:09 PM, Muda69 said:

That as well,  thought I really don't understand why other than a desire to you have your caucasian child attend a high school where he/she isn't the racial minority.

I guess I didn’t know this about Frankfort, so where are the people coming from that are going into Frankfort, and what brings them there?

The LCC QB is good when you give him time and let him stand in the pocket.  He seemed to be less effective with pressure or when he had to move around.  SA has to be careful just pinning their ears back or CC will beat them with short passes or screens.

SA gave up a lot of yards agains Southwood, but so did LCC against Winamac.  This game could very well be decided by who has the ball last.

• Like 1

This definitely going to be a great game.  As a former player at SA, I’m happy the Starfires played Southwood last week.  SW was a very fast and athletic team and could pass very effectively.

LCC may have issues with SA’s defensive line.  Miller, Gorney, Gilbert can all rush the passer with strength and speed.  Plattner, Kahn, and Summersett are very good LBs.

SA is definitely not your typical 1A team as far as size and talent go. Arnold at QB 6-3 210, Miller at TE/DE 6-4 240, Stutzman and Wanner both 6-2 180.  

If Miller or Arnold played at a larger school, they would be getting Div 1 offers.  

Can’t wait to watch tomorrow night.  Hopefully SA can pull this one off!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, southend said:

I guess I didn’t know this about Frankfort, so where are the people coming from that are going into Frankfort, and what brings them there?

Frankfort has a very sizeable Hispanic population living within the city limits.  Many of those families have been here for decades, some say their previous generations came to the area from Mexico for seasonal agricultural work and just decided to stay.   Then around 2000 a lot them had relatives in Mexico migrate (legally or illegally) to Frankfort in order to find work.   It was an open secret than many of the small factories and warehouses in Frankfort and surrounding communities (Lafayette, Delphi, Lebanon, Kokomo, Logansport) would hire these workers with little or no documentation and/or fake/copied SS numbers.  That seems to have died down over the last 10-15 years, but I'm sure it still goes on.    That is why if you look at the latest IDOE data for FHS it shows the student population being 55% Hispanic.  The school corporation as a whole stands at 52.2% student being Hispanic.  

In contrast all the other government schools in Clinton County (Clinton Central, Clinton Prairie, and Rossville) have White student populations over 90%.  

• Disdain 1

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Frankfort has a very sizeable Hispanic population living within the city limits.  Many of those families have been here for decades, some say their previous generations came to the area from Mexico for seasonal agricultural work and just decided to stay.   Then around 2000 a lot them had relatives in Mexico migrate (legally or illegally) to Frankfort in order to find work.   It was an open secret than many of the small factories and warehouses in Frankfort and surrounding communities (Lafayette, Delphi, Lebanon, Kokomo, Logansport) would hire these workers with little or no documentation and/or fake/copied SS numbers.  That seems to have died down over the last 10-15 years, but I'm sure it still goes on.    That is why if you look at the latest IDOE data for FHS it shows the student population being 55% Hispanic.  The school corporation as a whole stands at 52.2% student being Hispanic.  

In contrast all the other government schools in Clinton County (Clinton Central, Clinton Prairie, and Rossville) have White student populations over 90%.  

Ok, so the location Frankfort,became a hub for the Mexican population know for hiring Hispanics. Word got out I guess for the new arrivals. 
Thanks for the backround.  

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, southend said:

Ok, so the location Frankfort,became a hub for the Mexican population know for hiring Hispanics. Word got out I guess for the new arrivals. 

Yes, pretty much.  And since many of them already had extended family living in Frankfort they had a place to stay when they arrived.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Starfire said:

This definitely going to be a great game.  As a former player at SA, I’m happy the Starfires played Southwood last week.  SW was a very fast and athletic team and could pass very effectively.

LCC may have issues with SA’s defensive line.  Miller, Gorney, Gilbert can all rush the passer with strength and speed.  Plattner, Kahn, and Summersett are very good LBs.

SA is definitely not your typical 1A team as far as size and talent go. Arnold at QB 6-3 210, Miller at TE/DE 6-4 240, Stutzman and Wanner both 6-2 180.  

If Miller or Arnold played at a larger school, they would be getting Div 1 offers.  

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see this being as good of a game as folks think. LCC is now a 45 point underdog based on the Harrells. 

18 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

I hope I am wrong, but I don't see this being as good of a game as folks think. LCC is now a 45 point underdog based on the Harrells. 

Well don’t trust Harrell too much...they had SA 3 score dogs to Lewis Cass in week 2 and SA won like 55-7 🤷🏼‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Well don’t trust Harrell too much...they had SA 3 score dogs to Lewis Cass in week 2 and SA won like 55-7 🤷🏼‍♂️

So what you're saying is SA is a 60 point favorite. Joking Aside, early in the season it's based on the previous year's data.

I think a 42-21 SA win is probably about right. 

Edited by LCCAlum

30 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

So what you're saying is SA is a 60 point favorite. Joking Aside, early in the season it's based on the previous year's data.

I think a 42-21 SA win is probably about right. 

I think that’s fair.  Obviously anything goes in these games.  LCC will have to score early and often like Southwood did last week.  But extend it into the second half, unlike Southwood did.  SA scored 3 touchdowns within the last 2 mins of the 1st half.  But I think the inexperience of SA in these late playoff games is something that shouldn’t be overlooked either.

3 hours ago, Starfire said:

Miller yes... just based on measurables.  thought I heard IU was interested. 

Arnold no... very good small school Qb but not close to D1.

If LCC can get after him it will be a game.  He’s not mobile at all.  If they give him time to throw to receivers 2x faster and or 2x bigger than their secondary it will be over quick.

1 minute ago, Purdue Pete said:

Miller yes... just based on measurables.  thought I heard IU was interested. 

Arnold no... very good small school Qb but not close to D1.

If LCC can get after him it will be a game.  He’s not mobile at all.  If they give him time to throw to receivers 2x faster and or 2x bigger than their secondary it will be over quick.

Miller has had visits to IU, Toledo, Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, but offers from only smaller schools.

Arnold has interest from Columbia in the Ivy League and Butler, both Div 1.  Obviously Butler is Div 1 AA.  And visited Southern Illinois.  Smaller schools like St Francis, Marian, etc have interest as well.

Arnold is more mobile than you think, rushed for over 50 yds and a TD vs a very fast Southwood team.  It’s just not his MO.

16 hours ago, Starfire said:

Miller has had visits to IU, Toledo, Western Michigan, Northern Illinois, but offers from only smaller schools.

Arnold has interest from Columbia in the Ivy League and Butler, both Div 1.  Obviously Butler is Div 1 AA.  And visited Southern Illinois.  Smaller schools like St Francis, Marian, etc have interest as well.

Arnold is more mobile than you think, rushed for over 50 yds and a TD vs a very fast Southwood team.  It’s just not his MO.

How big is Miller? I saw the regional game last season in person and I remember being impressed by him, but I don't recall him having D1 TE type size. 

Quick Clarification: Ivy League and Butler are both in non-scholarship D1 Football. In order to have a D1 basketball program, If there is a football program schools are required to be D1. There are obviously schools who don't want to take on the expense of 85 full scholarships at the FBS level. They created FCS (formerly D1AA) and FCS Non Scholarship. FCS has 63 Full Scholarships to offer and FCS non-Scholarship offers academic packages. At the Butler and Ivy League the packages are still very competitive to those that D2 or NAIA offer. 

9 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

How big is Miller? I saw the regional game last season in person and I remember being impressed by him, but I don't recall him having D1 TE type size. 

Quick Clarification: Ivy League and Butler are both in non-scholarship D1 Football. In order to have a D1 basketball program, If there is a football program schools are required to be D1. There are obviously schools who don't want to take on the expense of 85 full scholarships at the FBS level. They created FCS (formerly D1AA) and FCS Non Scholarship. FCS has 63 Full Scholarships to offer and FCS non-Scholarship offers academic packages. At the Butler and Ivy League the packages are still very competitive to those that D2 or NAIA offer. 

6’4” and 240. He’s got a frame to put some size on. I’m honestly surprised with his measurables and production even more NAIA and D2 schools would give more offers as a project. It’s really annoying when the DE from Heritage who can’t even make all ACAC has offers from Purdue and Arizona State. 

6 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

Miller is a legit 6-4 and 235-240lbs.  Definitely has room to put on more muscle in college.  Has great hands and speed for his size.  I believe he would be better suited at TE in college and not DE.  Don’t think he would be big enough to be an edge rusher.

Miller has some more versatility in the high school game.  He was used as the HB last week when Summersett tweaked a knee.  Him and Timmy Davidson (senior DE) comes in on goal line situations to block.

Thanks for the clarification on that.  I don’t know how all of that works.  I guess I pay more attention to college basketball.  Arnold is very intellectual.  I think he scored a 1500 on the SAT and will be valedictorian of his class.  Shouldn’t have a problem with Ivy League if that’s what he chooses.  But I could see Arnold going to a D2 school or smaller.  WR Drew Stutzman has already committed to St Francis in Ft Wayne.

5 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

6’4” and 240. He’s got a frame to put some size on. I’m honestly surprised with his measurables and production even more NAIA and D2 schools would give more offers as a project. It’s really annoying when the DE from Heritage who can’t even make all ACAC has offers from Purdue and Arizona State. 

He would be a great fit at a D2 Program like Hillsdale or UIndy who uses TE. His problem right now is NCAA isn't allowing any recruiting to happen. It makes it difficult on the players and the coaches right now.

What is the Heritages DE name?

Edited by LCCAlum