Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NWI Semi-States

On 11/21/2020 at 8:45 AM, Boilernation said:

I’m thrilled to see the Bricks back in a State Title game, but I think it’s fair to acknowledge they punched the easy ticket while the South bracket had heavyweight battles starting in Sectionals. 

I know Hobart has big and strong boys like Johnson and Babcock. 

Are the Brickie lines capable of competing with Roncalli or do you foresee this one getting out of hand similar to MV and Mooresville?

I doubt it. I like Roncalli by 3+TDs.

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Don’t disagree but other than enrollment, how specifically?

They seem more physical, fundamentally sounder, maybe little more discipline.  I have been to many state finals, I have seen Chartard 2x in 3 years and they play the same way

Watched their game Friday night and it was an awesome game

We think Elkhart and Merrillville were the cream of the north - look what Westfield did to Merrillville

9 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

They seem more physical, fundamentally sounder, maybe little more discipline.  I have been to many state finals, I have seen Chartard 2x in 3 years and they play the same way

Watched their game Friday night and it was an awesome game

We think Elkhart and Merrillville were the cream of the north - look what Westfield did to Merrillville

Better coaching?  Different kind of kids?

Just now, temptation said:

Maybe - hard to say.  But how many times have teams from the north played a team near metro Indy and been smashed?  Marian had a hell of a team of athletes this year and played Chatard tough but in the end, they prevailed

1 minute ago, Indian72 said:

Maybe - hard to say.  But how many times have teams from the north played a team near metro Indy and been smashed?  Marian had a hell of a team of athletes this year and played Chatard tough but in the end, they prevailed

I’m not disagreeing.  I think the “commitment to football” that @DTrepeatedly cites is at play here.

What is the typical daily teaching schedule for most coaches in that area?

Because I can tell you first hand, how laughable things are for the powers in central Indiana from that standpoint.

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

The Indy kids are bigger stronger and faster

They have better and newer facilities.   More access to personal training instructors. Attend college recruiting camps at a higher rate.  All of this translates to better on field performance

1 hour ago, DT said:

They have better and newer facilities.   More access to personal training instructors. Attend college recruiting camps at a higher rate.  All of this translates to better on field performance

The kids are bigger and stronger or they have a higher density of big strong kids?

I think the latter which is still connected to enrollment.

6 minutes ago, temptation said:

The kids are bigger and stronger or they have a higher density of big strong kids?

Ive been watching Center Grove since 2004.  10 years ago, they had a lot of 6-0, 235 to 285 lb guys.  Short and thick.  Today the linemen are 6-3 to 6-6, 255 to 315.

They have big tight ends, big running backs.  The only [position where they seem to be average sized is LB.

This has been the case with most of the Central Indiana football powers over the past decade.  There also seems to be a much stronger football to track connection in Indy.  Thats where the speed differential kicks in.  And certainly, there is a much larger sample size in Indy.

Edited by DT

Yeah. First meeting. Hobart may be underdogs, but they have the kids to give them beyond  a punchers chance. I remember counting out a Lowell team against Roncalli. Roncalli is no longer 38 toss play after play but hey I’ve seen crazy things down there. Pretty cool to see 2 Blue bloods of Indiana football down there going at it. Hobart is starting to stack classes a bit. They are gonna be contending for a while I believe. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, GATA said:

Yeah. First meeting. Hobart may be underdogs, but they have the kids to give them beyond  a punchers chance. I remember counting out a Lowell team against Roncalli. Roncalli is no longer 38 toss play after play but hey I’ve seen crazy things down there. Pretty cool to see 2 Blue bloods of Indiana football down there going at it. Hobart is starting to stack classes a bit. They are gonna be contending for a while I believe. 

A State Level Hobart team is great for Indiana HS Football 

Definition of Gridiron Legacy Program 

14 hours ago, DT said:

There are some nice facilities in the other larger cities.  I tend to think it is the commitment and the right coach to make it happen.

13 hours ago, temptation said:

I would say the latter which to state the obvious is connected to state population. Indy and it’s suburbs are by far the largest population center in the state and are growing while many of the other population centers are dwindling. Just seems natural that the area with by far the largest amount of people would have the highest amount of good athletes and football players. I don’t think it’s necessarily “more commitment” to football (though this could be a factor) as it is just a much larger pool of kids to choose from.