Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

All Semi-State Webcasts Will Be Pay-per-View

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Does anyone know if the WHME-46 folks will be doing the Chatard-Marian game for the IHSAA?  I watched 2 games they did last year and think they do as good a job as anyone in the State....and this game is in their backyard.

Yes, they will be doing the broadcast live on IHSAAtv.org and then on tape delay on TV46 at 11pm.  Chuck and Bob do a great job.

• Thanks 1

On 11/15/2020 at 9:42 PM, temptation said:

Techies:

Is there a way to get more than one window going simultaneously on the same device?

If so, the $19.95 is a steal.  If not, it’s not so great.

Not much for watching games of which I already know the result and am not patient enough to avoid the result and watch on Saturday morning.

You can watch 3 at a time.

On 11/16/2020 at 9:28 AM, Thor77 said:

The Bernewitness crew will be doing the webcast, just exclusively through the IHSAA PPV. And I think they are supposed to call a more neutral game instead of being an SA crew? 

It will be weird hearing them try to be unbiased 😂 

3 minutes ago, DE said:

Can I watch (purchase) these through the app (IHSAA TV)?

I was able to watch the free games the last couple weeks and am trying to purchase the games via the app.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  @IHSAAtv

I forgot @gonzoronposted information.  Thank you anyways @IHSAAtv  I will be purchasing the $20 version.

Good luck to all teams, officials, IHSAA, schools, communities and parents.  ENJOY and have a blast.

Memories that will last forever!

On 11/18/2020 at 1:40 PM, Bobref said:

I believe that’s true. But it’s also important to point out what the IHSAA does with that money. After IHSAA operating expenses are paid, the rest is distributed to the membership. It’s not like they’re sitting on a big pile of cash at 9150 N. Meridian.

Please explain to me what is distributed out to the IHSAA membership?  Are you talking about any funds collected at the semi-state round or something else?

23 minutes ago, wrcsage said:

Please explain to me what is distributed out to the IHSAA membership?  Are you talking about any funds collected at the semi-state round or something else?

Paid out to Member schools, they do a lot of stuff.

I paid my $20. Last week I coughed up $8 to go to 1 game. I think the Semi-State tickets are $10 a piece. Now I get to watch all the games.

IHSAA is hit hard by financials in 2020, its a win/win for me. At least we aren't Illinois with no football, and possibly no football in the spring. Ill do my part to keep the doors open.

1 minute ago, jcat69 said:

Pay per view is a good way to convince casual high school sports fans that they need to to find another form of sports entertainment, such as live Big Ten football etc.

They have to pay their cable, satellite, or streaming bill to be able to watch live B1G Football though.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 10:35 AM, IHSAAtv said:

You can watch 3 at a time.

1.  How do I watch multiple games?  I downloaded the plug-in mentioned above and it only allows one window to be "active" at a time.  Once I click on another window, the one I left reloads.

2.  Is the "roundtable" channel offered going to have multiple games in one window?  Is it going to bounce back and forth between games?

Trying to get my $19.95's worth.

Okay I know there is no such thing as stupid questions just stupid people...so let me be stupid for a moment.

Do the live streams also have audio?  I am worried if no audio and I tune into the Fox Sports / Cathedral radio network the audio over radio will be about 3 seconds ahead of stream.

Maybe I need to shut up and drink more beer and just relax.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Okay I know there is no such thing as stupid questions just stupid people...so let me be stupid for a moment.

Do the live streams also have audio?  I am worried if no audio and I tune into the Fox Sports / Cathedral radio network the audio over radio will be about 3 seconds ahead of stream.

For $15, it better have sound and I'm sure it will.  I listen to the feed from radio for games and enjoy knowing the outcome of the play before it's televised.  Maybe that's crazy but it works for me!

GO IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Always a great plan.

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

I paid up and I'm waiting for 7:30!

Me too.  Thank you @IHSAAtv

On 11/18/2020 at 3:46 PM, Lysander said:

Awesome.  I really enjoyed their coverage of the games I watched last year.  Thanks!

That was a top notch broadcast. I'm sure the fans in the area are used to seeing him if he's a regular but an extra added bonus for us old timer Central Indiana guys was seeing Bo Hundt on the sidelines. Man, that name was a blast from the past! 

28 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That was a top notch broadcast. I'm sure the fans in the area are used to seeing him if he's a regular but an extra added bonus for us old timer Central Indiana guys was seeing Bo Hundt on the sidelines. Man, that name was a blast from the past! 

Bo was in the booth for them last year because one of the broadcast trio was ailing last season.

I’ve seen 3 broadcasts by WHME-46 these last 2 years.  I’ve not seen any other HS sports broadcasts in Indiana (outside of the State Championship games) that comes anywhere CLOSE to what WHME does.  They are pros.

The IHSAA would do well to have them do at least one of the State Championship games.

Edited by Lysander