Jump to content
The Gridiron Digest

All Semi-State Webcasts Will Be Pay-per-View


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MHSTigerFan said:

I think that’s both reasonable and fair.

Techies:


Is there a way to get more than one window going simultaneously on the same device?

If so, the $19.95 is a steal.  If not, it’s not so great.

Not much for watching games of which I already know the result and am not patient enough to avoid the result and watch on Saturday morning.

Edited by temptation
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Techies:


Is there a way to get more than one window going simultaneously on the same device?

If so, the $19.95 is a steal.  If not, it’s not so great.

Not much for watching games of which I already know the result and am not patient enough to avoid the result and watch on Saturday morning.

You can open multiple windows on the same device and switch from one to the other. I don't believe there is a way to get them all in the same window.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, 1st and Goal said:

Any Saturday games this year? if so it would be worth the $19.95

All are currently listed as Friday games. It's still worth the $19.95. I watched 10 Regional games last Friday switching from one to another. Sign up was very easy. I just did it and took less than 5 minutes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So does this mean The Berne Witness won't be covering SA or that we will now have to pay for their feed when it's been free all year? Just curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, temptation said:

Techies:


Is there a way to get more than one window going simultaneously on the same device?

If so, the $19.95 is a steal.  If not, it’s not so great.

Not much for watching games of which I already know the result and am not patient enough to avoid the result and watch on Saturday morning.

If you are using chrome there are a number of plugins/extensions that allow you to view multiple tabs at once.  

Here is just one:  https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/tab-resize-split-screen-l/bkpenclhmiealbebdopglffmfdiilejc?hl=en-US

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will they spring for real announcers if they are charging for the games?  Some of the high school kids doing the job are decent but I've also heard some that really don't understand football much at all that are kind of brutal to listen to.  When you're listening to a free broadcast, it's hard to criticize though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

So does this mean The Berne Witness won't be covering SA or that we will now have to pay for their feed when it's been free all year? Just curious.

The Bernewitness crew will be doing the webcast, just exclusively through the IHSAA PPV. And I think they are supposed to call a more neutral game instead of being an SA crew? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stupid question so please no laughing. If you pay the $19 for all can you watch them on playback on Saturday and Sunday also? If you can't watch them all on Friday or if you want to rewatch them over the weekend does the $19 cover that or is it only for Friday night and you would have to pay another fee to watch on the weekend? Thank you for helping with these questions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Cowboy08 said:

Stupid question so please no laughing. If you pay the $19 for all can you watch them on playback on Saturday and Sunday also? If you can't watch them all on Friday or if you want to rewatch them over the weekend does the $19 cover that or is it only for Friday night and you would have to pay another fee to watch on the weekend? Thank you for helping with these questions.

Here's what it says in the confirmation email:

Purchase Summary

Status: Live and On-Demand Broadcasts
Sub-Total: $19.95
Service Fee: $0.90
Total: $20.85

This access ends on Jun 30th 2022, 8:00 pm EDT.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Thor77 said:

The Bernewitness crew will be doing the webcast, just exclusively through the IHSAA PPV. And I think they are supposed to call a more neutral game instead of being an SA crew? 

Ah so yes we are going to have to pay to watch the webcast through IHSAA. Debating if I want to pay or listen to WZBD for free.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Basementbias said:

Ah so yes we are going to have to pay to watch the webcast through IHSAA. Debating if I want to pay or listen to WZBD for free.

To each their own, of course.  But I think it’s a good thing to kick a little money their way to support televising sporting events....especially during Covid.  I’m sure the IHSAA and the member schools have taken it on the chin this year.  Seems like 20 bucks isn’t too much to ask to help the cause.

I don’t have a team left...but I think I’d like to see Southridge tangling with Danville.  That ought to be a great game and I’m a big fan of what Coach Buening has done at Southridge.

And I’d also like the IHSAA to keep this up.  It costs money to televise games and I doubt that advertising covers all the costs.

Edited by MHSTigerFan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MHSTigerFan said:

To each their own, of course.  But I think it’s a good thing to kick a little money their way to support televising sporting events....especially during Covid.  I’m sure the IHSAA and the member schools have taken it on the chin this year.  Seems like 20 bucks isn’t too much to ask to help the cause.

I don’t have a team left...but I think I’d like to see Southridge tangling with Danville.  That ought to be a great game and I’m a big fan of what Coach Buening has done at Southridge.

And I’d also like the IHSAA to keep this up.  It costs money to televise games and I doubt that advertising covers all the costs.

I'll most likely pay but not sure since my school is out but county school South Adams is still in. So far The Berne Witness has been free thanks to many local businesses sponsoring and donating. Not sure I like them having to now be unbiased. If the money goes to just the schools or The Berne Witness I'd be paying no questions. As for the IHSAA & OHSAA I'm very hesitant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/16/2020 at 3:23 PM, fartfry18 said:

Will the schools involved get a cut of this cost for fans?

It's my understanding the gate money after the Sectional round goes to the IHSAA, so I would think that this money probably goes to the IHSAA. That's what I surmise anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

It's my understanding the gate money after the Sectional round goes to the IHSAA, so I would think that this money probably goes to the IHSAA. That's what I surmise anyway.

I believe that’s true. But it’s also important to point out what the IHSAA does with that money. After IHSAA operating expenses are paid, the rest is distributed to the membership. It’s not like they’re sitting on a big pile of cash at 9150 N. Meridian.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...