Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Semi State - Danville @ Southridge

Last year for us, Danville was close in the first half last year.  2nd half we blew it open (much like the pounding that we also gave Lawrenceburg last year).  I'm not sure what they have lost since last year, but the highlights I've seen this year are impressive.  They haven't had to face the Gasser factor at DB, that kid is impressive.  

Personally, I think SR wins this game, but this one will be closer than the others.   I hesitate to pin a score on it.  SR is fun to watch.  Often a team can get one or two fast positions--SR has several.  They are dangerous.

Go Raiders!

23 minutes ago, vanman said:

GID is nothing but "fake news". game is Friday 7:30.

Danville is AWESOME. 

GID is Fake news.  but the game is going to be wonderful.  Really going to be really really good game.  Probably the best game in the state... ever.   I can tell you that I talk to a lot of really very important people and they are all saying that.  Really though, can't wait to see this match up on FRIDAY!!

Edited by TommyTwoTimes
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TommyTwoTimes said:

GID is Fake news.  but the game is going to be wonderful.  Really going to be really really good game.  Probably the best game in the state... ever.   I can tell you that I talk to a lot of really very important people and they are all saying that!  😃   

Seriously though, can't wait to see this match up on FRIDAY!!

BELIEVE ME, ITS GONNA BE HUGE! - Donald Trump | Make a Meme

• Haha 2

Is “Mr. Six-Shooter” still the coach at Danville?? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he was moving on- but don’t remember and actually have no clue his name. Just will never forget a HC doing the six-shooter routine after a score. 

2 minutes ago, jets said:

Is “Mr. Six-Shooter” still the coach at Danville?? I seem to remember reading somewhere that he was moving on- but don’t remember and actually have no clue his name. Just will never forget a HC doing the six-shooter routine after a score. 

image.png.180849a6725212d27d086813099a71d3.png

Looks like its the first year for Danville's head coach.   

Danville HC was the former offensive coordinator at Western Boone.  And I hope Southridge has more than one DB.  Danville has several weapons out wide and a really good running game.  Think Western Boone in 2018 except I think Danville is bigger than Webo was in 18.  The reference of 2018 isn't a shot at Southridge either.  The teams are very comparable to one another.  Danville's QB is an athlete and can spin it several different weapons and 2 different running backs that are different type runners, but both are pretty good.  Defensively, Danville is solid as well.  

1 hour ago, bigfish said:

I'm pretty sure KC Woods took a coaching job in the Cincinnati area

This is true

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

though the weather that night is for another story

I remember going to watch that game after Danville put a beatdown on my Trojans the week before, absolutely brutal weather.  Took me a full day to get warm after that one.

But as you said, they had a hell of a team (so did you guys), and from what I've seen in the few games I watched earlier in the year, they have a hell of a team again this year.  Wish I could watch this one live, sounds like it should be a great game!  Good luck to both teams and stay healthy!

1 hour ago, NPCougarNation said:

No way this happens......Don't take Southridge lightly......I know Danville is very good, but they haven't met a D like this one.

From what I read on here, the disrespect is largely the opposite way.  

OMG! It is JUST LIKE LAST WEEK. Heritage Hills guys get on here and call out our opponent. As far as our camp is concerned,  Danville has strong players on both sides of the ball and great coaching. They have a great program and have been through the 3-A wars. Our heads are spinning. We should be playing WeBo anyway.  STUPID success point rule.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanman said:

OMG! It is JUST LIKE LAST WEEK. Heritage Hills guys get on here and call out our opponent. As far as our camp is concerned,  Danville has strong players on both sides of the ball and great coaching. They have a great program and have been through the 3-A wars. Our heads are spinning. We should be playing WeBo anyway.  STUPID success point rule.

You would've had to win 2A sectional 40 first, and that was not guaranteed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vanman said:

Quit freaking whining about success points.  Your enrollment is practically/if not 3A.  Jeez I have never seen anything like "We should be playing in 2A.....blah blah blah"  AND HH guys aren't on here calling out y our opponent, we are on here supporting you and backing you, because we know what we have seen from you and are familiar with Stink Town and Danville!!! Grow up

• Like 1

This matchup will be an interesting one to say the least.  SR is a very good, a very disciplined team.  They are one of the best coached teams in southern Indiana and will be very prepared very this game.  With that said, Danville is legit!  This QB Danville has is Yoon from last week, but on another level.  He won't make the same mistakes.  They also run it very well.  I honestly think a deciding factor could be the 3+ hour bus ride.  If Danville comes out flat they could be in for a long night, because the Raiders are built to get a lead and then run the hell out of it!!  My heart says Raiders all the way to LOS but my brain says this WILL be their toughest opponent yet this season!!  Go Raiders

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

Quit freaking whining about success points.  Your enrollment is practically/if not 3A.  Jeez I have never seen anything like "We should be playing in 2A.....blah blah blah"  AND HH guys aren't on here calling out y our opponent, we are on here supporting you and backing you, because we know what we have seen from you and are familiar with Stink Town and Danville!!! Grow up

This was debated/confirmed last week from the IDOE website that the current enrollment would IN FACT have SR in 2A. Usually we hover around the cut-off mark in that regard. 

I don't believe it's out of line to point out the fact a 2A enrollment school is having success in the 3A tournament (and it's also natural to wonder "what-if" ) . I think it's a pretty cool accomplishment. 

Danville is good, no doubt about it.