Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A South Semi State - Danville @ Southridge

5 hours ago, Knightmare said:

What did Gibson Southern and Tell City do that was so successful against SR?  I see that those were the closest game of the year for SR so far.

From the looks of it, studying Tell City's defensive strategy for stopping the SR ground game would be the way to go. Tell City was also very athletic and hard-nosed this year when they were at full strength. Just a 2 point conversion from tying it up late with SR. Looks like a very evenly matched game according to the stat line.

And wasn't Tell City a 2A team?

My prediction for this game is 28-14 Danville.  Danville wins the game and it's "boring" if that makes sense.  They will methodically drive down the field by spreading the ball around on the ground and through the air.  There isn't a lot of flash to them offensively, but they will execute and grind out the win.  The Warrior defense does just enough to contain the big play and I don't think they will give up a TD through the air to Gasser, which will be the difference. 

I expect a great game and either way, I will be pulling for the Raiders or the Warriors next week in the State game.

17 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Danville’s linemen are big and quick off the snap. It’ll be a smashmouth game but their passing game will be the difference in this one 

I was thinking it should have read "but their passing game will be the difference in this one, I swear to god it will. I gotta go!

17 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Danville’s linemen are big and quick off the snap. It’ll be a smashmouth game but their passing game will be the difference in this one 

"... and if they're down by more than 10 they've GOTTA pass.  State Law!  I swear to God it is man!   Hey Shut the hell up RAAANDY!  I gotta go."  Thats what I heard.

Edited by TommyTwoTimes
  • Haha 1

Sorry for that performance- but Danville is dang good. Congrats to them and good luck next week. 

Am I allowed to lets not forget that was a 2A school playing in the 3A Semi-State?? I feel like I’ll get burned at the cross so maybe I should retract it.............na 

Proud of our guys for stepping up and answering the Bell. Just ran into a damn good team 

Just now, jets said:

Sorry for that performance- but Danville is dang good. Congrats to them and good luck next week. 

Am I allowed to lets not forget that was a 2A school playing in the 3A Semi-State?? I feel like I’ll get burned at the cross so maybe I should retract it.............na 

Proud of our guys for stepping up and answering the Bell. Just ran into a damn good team 

You'd have met the exact same fate in 2A.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, superjay said:

A circle, a square, a rectangle.  Doesn’t matter, Danville makes it 3 in a row next weekend.

you just might be correct....Danville plays with an edge that Chatard will not expect....they won't be favored but  Danville will win fairly easily

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, BigBH said:

you just might be correct....Danville plays with an edge that Chatard will not expect....they won't be favored but  Danville will win fairly easily

Chatard won't be expecting it?  You understand anything about how Chatard prepares, especially at this time of year?  Check the state championship game scores from the past 20 years.  They usually rise to the occasion. 

2 minutes ago, PhilLee said:

Chatard won't be expecting it?  You understand anything about how Chatard prepares, especially at this time of year?  Check the state championship game scores from the past 20 years.  They usually rise to the occasion. 

You must be a Chatard expert so tell me how they prepare?

1 minute ago, BigBH said:

You must be a Chatard expert so tell me how they prepare?

They beat the hell out of teams in the state championship game.  And play as hard as any team does in the state.  Ask Roncalli (who just embarrassed 2 top 5 4A teams the past 2 weeks) what a motivated Chatard team is like to play against.  I'm not saying that Chatard wins or loses this game.  But we have decades of proof to go on, with numerous other opponents who some thought were all set to "get after" Chatard with a state championship on the line.   

Here are the last 10 state championship games BC has played in:

2019- Win over Heritage Hills 34-3

2015- Win over West Lafayette 31-7

2012- Win over Hamilton Heights 30-13

2011- Win over SB St Joe 21-7

2010- Win over SB St Joe 28-14

2007- Win over SB St Joe 31-7

2006- Win over Norwell 7-0

2005- Loss to Northwood 7-0

2003- Win over Northwood 49-0

2002- Win over Andrean 31-12

I'd say 9-1, while allowing an average of under 10 points a game is pretty stout.  That's the history of this program in this game. Doesn't mean 2020 plays out the same way but there's a long track record that says it may. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PhilLee said:

I'm sure Chatard has had this game circled for a while. 

This kind of analysis always makes me chuckle.  The current Chatard seniors were in 8th grade/freshmen the last two times they were knocked out by Danville, basically meaning not one player from either team played a meaningful snap the last two times they were on opposing sidelines.

Makes for a cool storyline building up to the game for folks to talk about but means nothing of substance when predicting how the game is going to actually play out.

The coaching staff can circle whatever they want, but they aren’t suiting up.

• Like 1