Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A North Semi State: #1 Bishop Chatard @ #2 Mishawaka Marian

18 minutes ago, bigfish said:

Any bar/restaurant recommendations in St. Joseph County?

Evil Czech Brewery is a good one in Mishawaka and Crooked Ewe Brewery in South Bend is delicious too. Both less than 10 minutes away to Marian. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

Evil Czech Brewery is a good one in Mishawaka and Crooked Ewe Brewery in South Bend is delicious too. Both less than 10 minutes away to Marian. 

I think I remember Evil Czech being mentioned last year when BCHS traveled up there.  Might have to give it a whirl this time.  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

42-14 prediction?  Wow.  I'd say Chatard is a favorite, no doubt.  But 28 points?  Whoa.

I was shocked to see this, as well.

9 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Agreed, I was surprised by this prediction, especially after how tough Concordia played Chatard last week. 

Complete speculation on my part, but I would venture to say that Sagarin is probably the least accurate I can remember in 2020 for obvious reasons.

A lot of unpredictability week in and week out in relation to team health.

11 minutes ago, temptation said:

42-14 prediction?  Wow.  I'd say Chatard is a favorite, no doubt.  But 28 points?  Whoa.

Yeah not a chance this ends up being reality.  I'm thinking a 28-24 type game.  I watched Marian play Jimtown online a few weeks ago, and they have some major firepower on offense.  Defense looks just as tough as they were last year as well.  Throw in that Chatard has to travel long distance for the first time all year, and I could see either team pulling this out.

3A is shaping up to be the most exciting class this post-season. I think any of the four teams remaining could end up taking the crown at Lucas Oil.

7 minutes ago, TheDoctor22 said:

Yeah not a chance this ends up being reality.  I'm thinking a 28-24 type game.  I watched Marian play Jimtown online a few weeks ago, and they have some major firepower on offense.  Defense looks just as tough as they were last year as well.  Throw in that Chatard has to travel long distance for the first time all year, and I could see either team pulling this out.

3A is shaping up to be the most exciting class this post-season. I think any of the four teams remaining could end up taking the crown at Lucas Oil.

All true. But make no mistake, Chatard will bring it, travel notwithstanding. They always do. One of a handful of programs I can say with 100% certainty will show up under any circumstances and give an amazing effort. In case you can't tell, I'm a big admirer of their program. Reminds me a great deal of my old days at St. Ed's.

• Like 2

I hope that Marian's defense is tougher than last year. If I'm not mistaken, Marian was only giving up 4 or 6 points a game leading up to Chatard visiting and then 45-0 happened. 

From the video I have watched of both teams, I would say a 24-21 or 28-24 type of game is probably closer than 42-14. 

Marian's offense looks more explosive this year compared to last year though. 

28 minutes ago, Bobref said:

In case you can't tell, I'm a big admirer of their program. Reminds me a great deal of my old days at St. Ed's.

Love to hear it!  We'll take any admirers that we can.  But I agree completely, a big reason I'm always thankful that my kid had an opportunity to be part of the program.  

24 minutes ago, ArmyVet80 said:

I hope that Marian's defense is tougher than last year. If I'm not mistaken, Marian was only giving up 4 or 6 points a game leading up to Chatard visiting and then 45-0 happened. 

I agree but they were also put into a tough position last year.  They gave Chatard's offense fits for the first quarter, but I believe Chatard's defense forced three and outs (or close to it) on Marian's first 4-5 drives last year.  Really difficult for a defense, even a really good one, to stop an explosive offense when they are on the field the whole game.  And this year's version of Chatard is not nearly as potent as last year.

For all of those reasons, I think we'll see a much closer and more entertaining game this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Complete speculation on my part, but I would venture to say that Sagarin is probably the least accurate I can remember in 2020 for obvious reasons.

The score prediction is John Harrell’s, not Sagarin. Sagarin has Chatard 17 points better on a neutral field. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

We ate at the Evil Czech post game last year.  We probably won’t be making the trip this year but it’s almost worth it just to eat there.  Great and fun place.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

At least the game result would seem to say that.  Good observation Re: COVID.  It’s added a whole new degree of unpredictability.

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

All true. But make no mistake, Chatard will bring it, travel notwithstanding. They always do. One of a handful of programs I can say with 100% certainty will show up under any circumstances and give an amazing effort. In case you can't tell, I'm a big admirer of their program. Reminds me a great deal of my old days at St. Ed's.

Must be a bunch of Baptist genes on that team then!

Arguably, the battle for the “Best Team” (All Classes) in the North is between Chatard v Marian and Merrillville v. Westfield (assuming 6A is the direct measuring stick)  -  truth be told.

If Merrillville (whom Chatard made relatively short work of) somehow defeats Westfield (or somehow plays closer than they did against Chatard) then just who is the best team All Classes in the North?

If Marian beats Chatard in this scenario - which ABSOLUTELY could happen, then is Marian the best team in the North? 

I consider the Marian/Chatard game to actually favor Marian.  Long drive, cold night, another away game for Chatard....2 years in a row.  Great Marian team.

I admit to using the transitive value but that is, ultimately, what analytics do X 100.