Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A South Semi-State: Interim vs. Interim

How rare is it that 2 interim coaches meet at any point during the season, let alone this late in the playoffs?

Coach Lyons taking over at Covenant Christian after week 4 of the season.

Coach Nance filling in filling in for a season until they find a permanent replacement at West Washington.

Very unique story heading into Friday's game.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Second.  Coach Lyons was promoted after Coach Gietl resigned.

Good luck Friday. Even as we are underdogs hope the winning team comes out healthy so there are no "what ifs" at state finals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boilerfan1980 said:

Seems like a lot of people are counting West Washington out of this game. Have they had an easy road or is CC really that much better?

To be completely honest? Nobody knows anything on here about WW (minus local people) other then our SoS. Which is currently 6 spots lower then CC. However when you have wins over 2 top 5 teams its gonna stand out. As a fan but someone who tries to be impartial CC is definitely favored. Southern rural Indiana isn't something people watch or keep up with so all they can see are the numbers. 

Now I too would pick CC to win. Those wins over Lutheran and Putnam (a beatdown score wise) are better then our top wins (Perry Central and North Decatur). But ill continue to hope for an upset. If nothing else I dont want another beating like Lutheran gave us last year. Haha

2 hours ago, WWFan said:

To be completely honest? Nobody knows anything on here about WW (minus local people) other then our SoS. Which is currently 6 spots lower then CC. However when you have wins over 2 top 5 teams its gonna stand out. As a fan but someone who tries to be impartial CC is definitely favored. Southern rural Indiana isn't something people watch or keep up with so all they can see are the numbers. 

Now I too would pick CC to win. Those wins over Lutheran and Putnam (a beatdown score wise) are better then our top wins (Perry Central and North Decatur). But ill continue to hope for an upset. If nothing else I dont want another beating like Lutheran gave us last year. Haha

Haha I got ya. I just know they have to be one of the most motivated teams left after what happened with their coach last year. I would love to see them win but based off what I know about the teams (which is very little) I’d probably go with CC too. 

Let me preface by saying I have only seen CC online, but I think they will have their hands full with WW.  I think WW should actually be the favorite in this game.  Granted WW has almost always benefited from a weak regular season schedule (add in the fact they didnt play salem this year) WW has a very good O/D line.  Good enough to give any team nightmares and dominate most teams.  Been that way for the past 3 years.  WW has their share of athletes and I'm sure CC has tremendous athletes as well but the line I saw from CC online won't be able to handle WW's line.  Look for the PLAC to be represented in Indy next weekend. 

3 hours ago, PLACfan said:

Let me preface by saying I have only seen CC online, but I think they will have their hands full with WW.  I think WW should actually be the favorite in this game.  Granted WW has almost always benefited from a weak regular season schedule (add in the fact they didnt play salem this year) WW has a very good O/D line.  Good enough to give any team nightmares and dominate most teams.  Been that way for the past 3 years.  WW has their share of athletes and I'm sure CC has tremendous athletes as well but the line I saw from CC online won't be able to handle WW's line.  Look for the PLAC to be represented in Indy next weekend. 

The OL/DL is where South Putnam was supposed to be superior to CC, but boy was I fooled.  CC made them look terrible with greater speed and quickness.  Those 6'5" 280# SP linemen were clearly overmatched by CC.

If the WW line is like SP, it will be a long night for the Senators.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PLACfan said:

26 minutes ago, Ballhawk said:

The OL/DL is where South Putnam was supposed to be superior to CC, but boy was I fooled.  CC made them look terrible with greater speed and quickness.  Those 6'5" 280# SP linemen were clearly overmatched by CC.

This game will 100% come down to the OL/DL (but what game doesn't, really?) 😉  

Should be a fun, physical game!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ballhawk said:

Ill be shocked if WW line gets "made look terrible". Not to mention WW will have a kid that looks like a lineman carrying the ball through CC defense.  Again, may be surprised but what I've seen online, CC doesn't have the size (or strength) to compete with WW up front. 

From what I know, I think WW will struggle to cover CC's receivers. WW should be able to move the ball on the ground. That line and Stevens and McPheeters are good. Bowsman runs it well too and they do a nice job of picking his spots.  Maybe WW has a match up advantage with Strange but outside of that, it will be tough to throw the ball. Plus, CC should have the advantage on the pre-game prayer. CC wins 36-20.

1 hour ago, JQWL said:

From what I know, I think WW will struggle to cover CC's receivers. WW should be able to move the ball on the ground. That line and Stevens and McPheeters are good. Bowsman runs it well too and they do a nice job of picking his spots.  Maybe WW has a match up advantage with Strange but outside of that, it will be tough to throw the ball. Plus, CC should have the advantage on the pre-game prayer. CC wins 36-20.

For the record I would be surprised if McPheeters plays. Was in a sling last week. 

Well.....as WW is getting steam rolled currently i thought I'd take a min to say congrats to both teams on outstanding seasons. Sucks we went down this way. All I can do as a fan is hope the future remains bright and we continue to build on this and try again in the future. A hell of a senior class is leaving...best overall I personally ever seen. Between what happen last year and doing all this covid stuff the team and staff should be proud to get here. Congrats to @senatorcoach72 on a great season. Hopefully next coach is ready to continue to build up what we have. @Coach_Hogan_Brother congrats on the victory and best of luck at state. 

• Like 1