Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Semi State

45 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

CG @ BD

I like the Trojans in this one. Giants will keep it close early, but will eventually fall behind. Trojans 44-14

It is odd not having Carmel in the North this year. It will be exciting to see Westfield play either CG or BD in the state finals.

Counting Merrivile out already? 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

At this point every team has swagger and confidence. 

But Westfield’s is earned.  They are on fire right now.  Some teams boast false bravado based on minimal accomplishments.

Making the semi-state is no joke but Westfield’s body of work heading into Friday night has been much more impressive than Merrillville’s overall body of work.

Now, will that matter once the game starts?  Maybe not.

I still like Westfield by three scores.  Schedule strength matters.  Plain and simple. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ben Davis is a completely different team than they were before. That said, Center Grove is what BD 2017 and Warren 2018 were...one of the best teams in history. They are loaded. BD has to play some mistake-free football, but I think they can keep it closer than most believe. They are playing with no pressure right now and are playing motivated football.

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Ben Davis is a completely different team than they were before. That said, Center Grove is what BD 2017 and Warren 2018 were...one of the best teams in history. They are loaded. BD has to play some mistake-free football, but I think they can keep it closer than most believe. They are playing with no pressure right now and are playing motivated football.

Warren was also "playing with no pressure" and was "playing motivated football"...

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

Please look and see where I made a prediction (other than it might be closer than many think).

Never said you made a specific prediction kind sir, but outside of "defense wins championships" your justification defaulted to two idioms with no substance.

14 hours ago, temptation said:

But Westfield’s is earned.  They are on fire right now.  Some teams boast false bravado based on minimal accomplishments.

Making the semi-state is no joke but Westfield’s body of work heading into Friday night has been much more impressive than Merrillville’s overall body of work.

I still like Westfield by three scores.  Schedule strength matters.  Plain and simple. 

Crazy to think how far Westfield has come since week 1. Granted, Cathedral has turned out far better than anyone could have imagined, but was very unimpressed with Westfield. 

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Crazy to think how far Westfield has come since week 1. Granted, Cathedral has turned out far better than anyone could have imagined, but was very unimpressed with Westfield. 

Yes.  Cathedral and CG have made some pretty solid outfits look foolish this fall.

9 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Westfield didn't have Maximus Webster at QB starting in that game. Since he became the starter, I think in game 3, their offense has been next to unstoppable. He not only throws the ball well, but at 6'2", 220, he's a big kid who's more like a second running back. 

On 11/17/2020 at 7:26 AM, temptation said:

And you mock BD for his use of cliches?  Wow!

• Haha 1