Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Good Luck to NE/EC Indiana & NW/WC Ohio Teams!

Weird year to say the least. Biggest thing is that the OHSAA finals are the weekend before the IHSAA instead of the weekend after. For the Ohio representatives in the area:

D4-Van Wert Cougars

D6-Coldwater Cavaliers

D7- New Bremen Cardinals

As for the Indiana teams in semi state:

4A-Marion

2A-Bishop Luers

1A-South Adams Starfires

Hoping we get 3x State Champs and 3x Going to State finals! If we don't, it was still a great season for all these teams and many others getting through COVID the best they could!

• Like 3

Nice, going to school in New Haven in the late 60’s we spent a lot of time in the western part of Ohio, being 20 minutes away. Van wert county fair was the biggest in the in the area. Nice drag strip there. But the big attraction was the beer! 18 was the age limit. All of us looked 18, and Sunday sales. 50 years later indiana allowed Sunday sales. But yes, small communities in western Ohio but great football. ,

18 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Weird year to say the least. Biggest thing is that the OHSAA finals are the weekend before the IHSAA instead of the weekend after. For the Ohio representatives in the area:

D4-Van Wert Cougars

D6-Coldwater Cavaliers

D7- New Bremen Cardinals

4A-Marion

2A-Bishop Luers

1A-South Adams Starfires

Hoping we get 3x State Champs and 3x Going to State finals! If we don't, it was still a great season for all these teams and many others getting through COVID the best they could!

If I’m not mistaken, Woodland would have an annual game with a NW Ohio team.  When Haydock coached the Woodburn team.  
And was always curious why that wasn’t done more back in the NEIC days. Even more so with basketball. Short travel across the border.  

9 hours ago, southend said:

Nice, going to school in New Haven in the late 60’s we spent a lot of time in the western part of Ohio, being 20 minutes away. Van wert county fair was the biggest in the in the area. Nice drag strip there. But the big attraction was the beer! 18 was the age limit. All of us looked 18, and Sunday sales. 50 years later indiana allowed Sunday sales. But yes, small communities in western Ohio but great football. ,

Another New Haven poster. Nice. My dad was a 54 grad. I follow NH from NWI every year. 

12 hours ago, southend said:

I'm a big college football guy so I always want to avoid the Van Wert County fair, but usually have to go. I like our little Adams County fair where it's just showing livestock and not all the other crap. I don't mind the horse racing but I can do without the carnival rides and such. Hate the town feel mixing its way into agriculture.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, Basementbias said:

D4-Van Wert Cougars

D6-Coldwater Cavaliers

D7- New Bremen Cardinals

4A-Marion

2A-Bishop Luers

1A-South Adams Starfires

Indiana games, I think Marion has a shot , to advance against Hobart. The region ain’t what it used to be.  The star fires are in the driver’s seat in this one. I don’t think the knights will advance against Pioneer. 
I don’t know much about the Ohio teams. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, southend said:

Lol, not much to follow , NHHS has not had a very good athletic team history,but is your dad still around the summit city area?

No.  My father moved away from Ft. Wayne after HS for work.  My parents (mother is from NWI) settled in Schererville where my sister and I were raised.

My dad passed away in February 2012.

New Haven will always have a fan with me.

***IMSC, my dad's mom and dad had a house on Paulding Road.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, DE said:

No.  My father moved away from Ft. Wayne after HS for work.  My parents (mother is from NWI) settled in Schererville where my sister and I were raised.

My dad passed away in February 2012.

New Haven will always have a fan with me.

***IMSC, my dad's mom and dad had a house on Paulding Road.

Ha, yes Paulding Rd. That’s where my parents house was, about 2 blocks north of Paulding, and intersects with Hessen Castle. next to St. Henry school. 
We all lived in Fort Wayne, and they Bussed us 7 miles or so to New Haven high school.” We’re all better than sliced bread” or think we are, as one poster has INSISTED.

12 minutes ago, southend said:

Ha, yes Paulding Rd. That’s where my parents house was, about 2 blocks north of Paulding, and intersects with Hessen Castle. next to St. Henry school. 
We all lived in Fort Wayne, and they Bussed us 7 miles or so to New Haven high school.” We’re all better than sliced bread” or think we are, as one poster has INSISTED.

LOL.  Small world.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:23 PM, Basementbias said:

D4-Van Wert Cougars

D6-Coldwater Cavaliers

D7- New Bremen Cardinals

4A-Marion

2A-Bishop Luers

1A-South Adams Starfires

Go Starfires!

Just now, Starfire said:

Ha!  If my kids went to AC, I don’t think I could ever say Go Jets

These would be cousins. I have about 6 going to SA. Only 2 will probably try and play football for SA. My kids will go to AC but my step kids go across the line to Crestview. I think only one year will we have family against each other. We will have a Sr vs Fr if both play.

23 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

You might have LAST year at Regional....  😃   

Guessing that the 'wifey' might have MADE you!!! 

Haha my wife graduated from AC and I, obviously, from SA.  We live outside of Adams County now so it’s pure fandom for us 😆 

Just now, Starfire said:

Haha my wife graduated from AC and I, obviously, from SA.  We live outside of Adams County now so it’s pure fandom for us 😆 

You can try to "give yourself" a modicum of 'macho'...  But you know that the COUCH isn't better than the bed!  

You'd be saying go Jets in a heartbeat....then backtracking each time it came up.....

1 minute ago, Yuccaguy said:

You can try to "give yourself" a modicum of 'macho'...  But you know that the COUCH isn't better than the bed!  

You'd be saying go Jets in a heartbeat....then backtracking each time it came up.....

Nah I don’t care.  She would never say go Stars either.  Lol

And my in-laws still call SA people “Cheesers” 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

His wife is an AC grad so we know who runs his household!  😄

Edited by Basementbias
  • Like 1

Just now, Starfire said:

Nah I don’t care.  She would never say go Stars either.  Lol

And my in-laws still call SA people “Cheesers” 🤦🏻‍♂️

Good Luck to the Starfires on Friday!  Enjoy the game, and the atmosphere.

(I still say WIFEY wins this battle)   

6 hours ago, southend said:

At least that is what the BMV tags say. 😉

My attempt at comedy. At its lowest form. Nobody got it. Sorry for using up valuable space for more serious issues 

1 hour ago, Laces_Out_Dan said:

Luers is going to have their hands full with Pioneer. We might not have the state titles they have,  but those farm boys can flat out ball. 

Farm Boys! LoL

On 11/19/2020 at 8:58 AM, southend said:

" We’re all better than sliced bread” or think we are, as one poster has INSISTED.

You might want to go back and reread what I said. It was in reference to the New Haven football team and not the people from New Haven.