Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A South Semi-State

Haven't seen Roncalli, but the score was pretty lopsided with a tough MV Fortville team I really thought might be the 4A champ this year based on how they looked last year when I saw them in person.  Mooresville just squeaked by Central last week.  I thought their size advantage would limit Central's running game.  It didn't.  My money would be on the Rebels this week by 10+. 

36 minutes ago, RetiredOfficial03 said:

Believe he went to title game in '89 with Tri West.....lost to Luers.  Someone correct me if I am wrong. 

2A Fort Wayne Bishop Luers Matt Lindsay 12-2 Tri-West Hendricks Mike Gillin 13-1 24-22

Click on the score above and it takes you to a link showing box score. Looks like Luers kicked an 18 yard FG with :40 left to win.

Edited by gonzoron

Oddly, first and only prior regional title for Mooresville was 1989, also. Anyone recall the coach? Then,  the Pioneers fell into the abyss in early 90's until Bless took reins. And it was Roncalli that kept them from winning title in 04. Hopefully, Jason Werner is not suited up Friday.