Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semistate Championship scores......

1 minute ago, crimsonace1 said:

It's set up to try to prevent teams from hosting multiple rounds in a row, but it does happen occasionally because both teams were home in the previous round and one team has the northernmost sectional and southernmost regional in the pairing (or vice-versa). The one stipulation put in is a team that was on the road for both the sectional final and the regional hosts the semistate (unless both teams were on the road for those two rounds). 

I think Valpo played the sectional final on the road. So maybe the rule could be amended for semi-state game that if team X has not played a game away from home and team Y has played a sectional or regional final on the road , then team Y will be home team. 

20 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

6A: Westfield vs. Center Grove
5A: Zionsville vs. Cathedral
4A: Hobart vs. Roncalli
3A: Chatard vs. Danville
2A: FW Luers vs. Western Boone
1A: South Adams vs. Covenant Christian

9 of the 12 state finalists from Central Indiana. 

Given this is the first time the IHSAA has not used pre-determined State Finals matchups, my guess is 3A/1A/5A on Friday (1A in the middle of the day so South Adams has more time to arrive) ... then 2A/4A/6A on Saturday, which also gets your two biggest classes in primetime (but also Indy-area teams so they have the shortest drives home after the late games). 

When will schedule be released?  I would think regarding Zionsville / Cathedral and Center Grove/Westfield being two local Indianapolis-area teams, both would be awarded prime-time spots (i.e. 7PM Friday / Saturday)

5 minutes ago, tango said:

Maybe 5 p/p champions?  Would that be a record? Not predicting anything, just making an observation.  Best of luck to the Irish, Rebels, Trojans and Knights. I’ll sure miss being at LOS this year.

Five would be, although there was a stretch from 2010 - 2012, with five classes, where PPs won 1A-4A.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take SouthAdams in 1A over Covenant Christian and WeBo to clip Leurs in an upset in 2A for the block.

Just now, foxbat said:

Five would be, although there was a stretch from 2010 - 2012, with five classes, where PPs won 1A-4A.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take SouthAdams in 1A over Covenant Christian and WeBo to clip Leurs in an upset in 2A for the block.

Luers is a surprise team

Pioneer v Webo state final would’ve been pretty good

2 minutes ago, CaptainHook said:

NP played sectional, regional, and semi-state at home in 2019. Luck of the draw.

Columbus East essentially did the same in 2013 in 4A. First round was at Madison and then hosted Greenwood, Shelbyville, Jasper, and New Palestine the next four rounds before the state final.

1 minute ago, TigerFan20 said:

Luers is a surprise team

True, but WeBo's thrashing of MD tonight was a surprise too.  Harrell's actually had both of them with thin odds of getting to LOS, much less winning.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tango said:

Maybe 5 p/p champions?  Would that be a record? Not predicting anything, just making an observation. 

Might want to keep that thought on the down-low, the loonies over on Facebook already have the pitchforks and torches out and are marching in the streets about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

When will schedule be released?  I would think regarding Zionsville / Cathedral and Center Grove/Westfield being two local Indianapolis-area teams, both would be awarded prime-time spots (i.e. 7PM Friday / Saturday)

You also have 2 Boone County Teams and 2 Sagamore Conference Teams. 

36 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

Just released. 

2A/4A/6A on Friday

1A/3A/5A on Saturday

... as it would have been had the IHSAA announced the State Finals pairings before the season. 

1 hour ago, Dave007 said:

The schedule is set now. The IHSAA game-planned the permutations in advance, so they knew as soon as the last game ended.

Edited by Bobref

18 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The schedule is set now. The IHSAA game-planned the permutations in advance, so they knew as soon as the last game ended.

I wonder if things would have been different had Valpo won. Maybe. Merrillville (6A) would have been right after Hobart so that would not have changed things.  

I guess South Adams/Luers as A/2A didn't warrant consideration to schedule back to back.  Then again with COVID restrictions, it would have been a rough year to try to boost attendance anyway.