Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Mr. Football

32 minutes ago, temptation said:

Its the 2020, Mr. Football Award.  What was done prior to 2020 should be irrelevant in my opinion.  

While you're at it (playing the team strength award), did McCahill have a weapon target on his team as lethal/talented as Omar Cooper?  This argument works both ways.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  This is truly laughable!!  He had the Mr. Football Receiver winner... so ya, I'd say he had some weapons.  Just Stop!!  You're getting ludicrous now.  It's over.  Move On.

10 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  This is truly laughable!!  He had the Mr. Football Receiver winner... so ya, I'd say he had some weapons.  Just Stop!!  You're getting ludicrous now.  It's over.  Move On.

Only because Omar Cooper is a junior.  Both he, and Jordan are absolute studs but there is a reason that Cooper has over a half dozen power 5 offers and Jordan's major offers are from MAC schools.

So, no.  It's not over.

40 minutes ago, temptation said:

Only because Omar Cooper is a junior.  Both he, and Jordan are absolute studs but there is a reason that Cooper has over a half dozen power 5 offers and Jordan's major offers are from MAC schools.

So, no.  It's not over.

To be honest... the Irish faithful should feel great about their QB making top 50... personally i think the 5a team was more accurate... some of those all state QBs didnt have the weapons like the Irish had. Heck the CG and Westfield QBs are both way better then the Irish QB... but only juniors so they did y'all a favor and put them on the underclass squad. Awesome accomplishments for all. The Team matters most anyways, Unless you're talking to travel baseball peeps.

3 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

To be honest... the Irish faithful should feel great about their QB making top 50... personally i think the 5a team was more accurate... some of those all state QBs didnt have the weapons like the Irish had. Heck the CG and Westfield QBs are both way better then the Irish QB... but only juniors so they did y'all a favor and put them on the underclass squad. Awesome accomplishments for all. The Team matters most anyways, Unless you're talking to travel baseball peeps.

We got to witness first hand who the better QB was between Westfield and Cathedral first one was 7 of 14 99 yds 2 TD 8 carries for 30 yds, the other 18 of 26 201 yds 5 TD's 7 carries 109 yds 2 TD's.

In the CG game CG's QB wasn't having his best game even throwing a pick 6 that covered 70 yds. He did though redeem himself with the final drive after Cathedral turned it over on downs. That being said with the style of Offense CG has they don't always unleash to show what their QB can do so it's a tough comparison.

I'll also state Cathedral's WR wasn't going to get a lot of offers for football because he already committed to playing baseball at Louisville and schools found he would be pursuing baseball not football.

6 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

We got to witness first hand who the better QB was between Westfield and Cathedral first one was 7 of 14 99 yds 2 TD 8 carries for 30 yds, the other 18 of 26 201 yds 5 TD's 7 carries 109 yds 2 TD's.

In the CG game CG's QB wasn't having his best game even throwing a pick 6 that covered 70 yds. He did though redeem himself with the final drive after Cathedral turned it over on downs. That being said with the style of Offense CG has they don't always unleash to show what their QB can do so it's a tough comparison.

I'll also state Cathedral's WR wasn't going to get a lot of offers for football because he already committed to playing baseball at Louisville and schools found he would be pursuing baseball not football.

I heard Webster wasn’t the starting QB at that time, no?

On 12/7/2020 at 6:47 PM, StatQueen said:

Speaking of Cathy kids... the Ekiyor kid was way better than this Avon kid. Id vote for McCahill over him.

Not so fast my friend.  Look at their tapes next to one another.  Both dominant at their positions, however neither is WAY better than the other.  You could, in fact make a pretty solid argument that one has much more impressive highlights!  #Fisher4MRFBALL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

Not so fast my friend.  Look at their tapes next to one another.  Both dominant at their positions, however neither is WAY better than the other.  You could, in fact make a pretty solid argument that one has much more impressive highlights!  #Fisher4MRFBALL

I will make the solid argument for Emil Ekiyor (there is a reason he is starting at Alabama right now). Here is 1 highlight tape of his Sr season at Cathedral. He made a switch from Tackle to Center (his Tackle highlights are just as good as his Center highlights. He is a Guard for Alabama currently very fundamental and multi position OL. That being said Fisher is a great OL as well.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, eschnur66 said:

NEVER EVER EVER is a linemen going to win MVP, Heisman, or Mr. Football.  Nor should they.  If that was the case, if they affected the game that much then Avon would have got out of the sectional.  Come on.   It is what it is.  QB, RB, WR, DB, LB they all affect the game way more.  The patriots or colts don't win those superbowl's without Brady or Manning.  The Chargers were never close without LT.  Facts are Facts.

• Kill me now 2

I can think of 20 to 30 position players this year from 1A to 6A that all deserve Mr. Football before an O-Lineman.  Now, if he never cam off the field, played both ways at a 6A school and was so dominant that he lead his team to a state title... maybe you could make a tiny argument, but that will never happen either.  Sorry!  Mr. Football for the Oline is what you get, and you should be extremely happy and proud with that distinction.

• Kill me now 1

2 hours ago, StatQueen said:

NEVER EVER EVER is a linemen going to win MVP, Heisman, or Mr. Football

Already happened, so it won't be never ever ever... may never ever ever happen again but it has happened. You seem really passionate about this, did an O-linemen do you wrong at some point in life? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Already happened, so it won't be never ever ever... may never ever ever happen again but it has happened. You seem really passionate about this, did an O-linemen do you wrong at some point in life? 

NEVER, EVER has our society been so obsessed and numbers/stat driven.  Pancake blocks just don't stand out to the average person (sorry @Coach Nowlin) as much as yardage and touchdowns.

Not sure we will ever see a primarily defensive player win it again either, unless he takes significant snaps on offense.

42 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Not at all. The game is mostly won and lost in the trenches... nothing but respect for the bigs....but awards like MVP and Heisman arent for them. Sorry. 

18 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

Not at all. The game is mostly won and lost in the trenches... nothing but respect for the bigs....but awards like MVP and Heisman arent for them. Sorry. 

I hope one day we have a lineman win again, I think it will have to be a lineman that dominates on both sides of the ball for a state championship team. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

NEVER, EVER has our society been so obsessed and numbers/stat driven.  Pancake blocks just don't stand out to the average person (sorry @Coach Nowlin) as much as yardage and touchdowns.

Not sure we will ever see a primarily defensive player win it again either, unless he takes significant snaps on offense.

The problem with this post is you are pretending that the vote is being done by "an average person"   

This not being voted on by Media, By sports reporters, this is being voted on by entire IFCA membership.   

So what I am saying, is that perhaps, just maybe, that COACHES, may just value a STUD OFFENSIVE LINEMAN who had pick of the liter in offers, choosing to go to Notre Dame, just may find his name on Mr. Football this year.  Perhaps it will be QB or WR or RB too, however, these sentiments are living in past protocol, this is year 2 of full state wide vote, not just a limited amount.  

So Society does not matter, and the average person does not matter.   COACHES, they however, they matter in this particalar case and I personaly take this reponsibility in the vote very serious and appreciate IFCA moving to this protocol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

The problem with this post is you are pretending that the vote is being done by "an average person"   

This not being voted on by Media, By sports reporters, this is being voted on by entire IFCA membership.   

So what I am saying, is that perhaps, just maybe, that COACHES, may just value a STUD OFFENSIVE LINEMAN who had pick of the liter in offers, choosing to go to Notre Dame, just may find his name on Mr. Football this year.  Perhaps it will be QB or WR or RB too, however, these sentiments are living in past protocol, this is year 2 of full state wide vote, not just a limited amount.  

So Society does not matter, and the average person does not matter.   COACHES, they however, they matter in this particalar case and I personaly take this reponsibility in the vote very serious and appreciate IFCA moving to this protocol 

Great point.

Congratulations to Carson Steele.  An honor well deserved!

I'm sorry that most of you didn't get to see McCahill week to week against one of the toughest, if not THE toughest,  schedules in the midwest!  I stand by my belief that Nathan McCahill deserved the honor of Indiana Mr. Football Quarterback.

I hope to see you all in August!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Congratulations to Carson Steele.  An honor well deserved!

I'm sorry that most of you didn't get to see McCahill week to week against one of the toughest, if not THE toughest,  schedules in the midwest!  I stand by my belief that Nathan McCahill deserved the honor of Indiana Mr. Football Quarterback.

I hope to see you all in August!

This was the best player on the best team. Simple and true! The right call. Not even close.