Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 Mr. Football

2 hours ago, StatQueen said:

Best player best team. Get over it.

Booker/Curry/Jackson/DeGraaf/Schott > Steele...every recruiting service in America agrees.

Nothing for me to “get over”.  Kid is deserving but facts are facts.  He won because he had the “best offensive stats for the best team.”  Don’t get it twisted.

And he shouldn’t have to apologize for it.

Edited by temptation

Read the article last night.  LOVE it.  What a great kid.  The coach is great.  Sounds like the community is great too.

I had a HUGE take away.....

The section where a teacher would contact Coach Moore if their student was having a tough go.  Coach Moore would then contact Carson (in this case) and he would reach out to the youngster.

As adults, we tend to forget just how BIG of an impact these young men have on the youth.  I know there was A LOT of great information in this article, but as a teacher and former coach, this made my day.

Well done Carson and family.  Well done Coach Moore.  Well done CG community.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DE said:

Read the article last night.  LOVE it.  What a great kid.  The coach is great.  Sounds like the community is great too.

The section where a teacher would contact Coach Moore if their student was having a tough go.  Coach Moore would then contact Carson (in this case) and he would reach out to the youngster.

As adults, we tend to forget just how BIG of an impact these young men have on the youth.  I know there was A LOT of great information in this article, but as a teacher and former coach, this made my day.

Carson has never gotten too cool to hang out with the younger players.  He has been a big influence on some kids who were being bullied and others who teachers were struggling to reach.  He frequented the fields for practices and games.  I think he knew he was a rockstar to those kids but he never let it go to his head.  He's just a big tender-hearted kid...off the field.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Grover said:

Weak attempt to take away from the accomplishments of Mr. Football.  Be better.

Once again, I am not taking anything away and the award is well deserved.

Just don’t give me the “best player on the best team“ argument as the reason why.

”Do better” at understanding context.

13 minutes ago, Grover said:

I understand your context.  That's the problem.

I responded specifically to @StatQueen’s notion that Steele was the best player on the best team and then gave two supporting pieces of evidence as to why that’s not true.

Great kid, deserving of the award and (based on the finalists) would have also gotten my vote.  (I went on record stating McCahill would’ve gotten my vote.). 

Wanna bet Weems goes for at least 1500 yards next year?  

50 minutes ago, Grover said:

Carson has never gotten too cool to hang out with the younger players.  He has been a big influence on some kids who were being bullied and others who teachers were struggling to reach.  He frequented the fields for practices and games.  I think he knew he was a rockstar to those kids but he never let it go to his head.  He's just a big tender-hearted kid...off the field.

so AWESOME

1 hour ago, DE said:

Seconded.  Always have had great interactions with Moore...one of if not THE lowest paid coach in the MIC, with one of the most rigorous daily schedules despite having the most years of experience in the conference.