Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

What are everybody’s thoughts on this matchup?  I think it could be a shootout.  I don’t know a lot about Covenant Christian but their offense looks very potent.  Not sure about their defense.

SA took a little while to get going last night, but broke open the floodgates in the 3rd Q.

Can’t wait!

1 hour ago, Starfire said:

What are everybody’s thoughts on this matchup?  I think it could be a shootout.  I don’t know a lot about Covenant Christian but their offense looks very potent.  Not sure about their defense.

SA took a little while to get going last night, but broke open the floodgates in the 3rd Q.

Can’t wait!

Keeping South Putnams out of the end zone and shutting down WW was impressive. I swear to God it was. I’d say they can play defense. 

Edited by Donnie Baker

I think looking at Lutheran game is better use of comparison. Neither Putnam or WW was going to attempt to spread ya out and throw. CC is very fast. Playing indoors and on turf is good for both teams. Definitely appears to be an exciting shootout. Looking forward to watching it. 

1 hour ago, WWFan said:

Honest question. I noticed yesterday during the WW/CC game that the Circle City Conference kept retweeting and talking about the game. Is CC going to eventually join the CCC or just a Private school thing?

CC and Heritage aren’t in the conference for football, but are for most other sports.  No immediate plans for CC to join, as far as I know (football program is only 5 years old).  Not quite ready to play Roncalli and Chatard on a yearly basis, in my opinion. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

CC and Heritage aren’t in the conference for football, but are for most other sports.  No immediate plans for CC to join, as far as I know (football program is only 5 years old).  Not quite ready to play Roncalli and Chatard on a yearly basis, in my opinion. 

Ah. Makes sense. Didnt know that. Thank you and @Lysander

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Not many are!

3 hours ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Not ready in what sense?  What does 1 or 2 losses hurt you in the regular season?

2 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Not ready in what sense?  What does 1 or 2 losses hurt you in the regular season?

Mainly the size difference.  They’re always a buncha beefcakes and they have a superb strength and conditioning program.  Since we’re such a new program, we need several years to build ours before we’d be ready to play 3/4a powerhouses several times per year.  GC and Brebeuf are tough programs as well.  

BUT rumor has it we’re trying to get Parke Heritage and other solid 1a/2a teams on our schedule, so we’re trying to toughen it up. 

15 hours ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Probably would have been bonkers of CC to join the conference year 1 of varsity football. Those beatings by Roncalli, Chatard, Guerin and Brebeuf could have stunted the growth of the program or killed it early... Waiting till the program is sustainable and has been built up is smart. 

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I live a mile from CC and two miles from BD.  I will be cheering for CC also.

17 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Since they're right around the corner from Ben Davis, I'll be cheering for the Warriors.

Since I have kissin cousins in Adams county, farmers that is, and who doesn’t like Bern Indiana! Which is the southern part of the Indiana “TUNDRA” area. I’m going to root for the northern team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, southend said:

Since I have kissin cousins in Adams county, farmers that is, and who doesn’t like Bern Indiana! Which is the southern part of the Indiana “TUNDRA” area. I’m going to root for the northern team. 

I’ll definitely be cheering on my Amish stomping grounds!  Go Starfires 🧑🏻‍🌾

5 hours ago, Starfire said:

I’ll definitely be cheering on my Amish stomping grounds!  Go Starfires 🧑🏻‍🌾

Stomping grounds! You have to check the bottoms of your shoe before you go inside in that area of the state. PeeU! Lots of horses patrolling the area.

Normally I'd be rooting against SA since I'm an AC guy. However, when you get to the state finals you have to root for your county brethren. Adams Central in 2001, Bellmont in 2008, and I'm hoping South Adams in 2020.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Normally I'd be rooting against SA since I'm an AC guy. However, when you get to the state finals you have to root for your county brethren. Adams Central in 2001, Bellmont in 2008, and I'm hoping South Adams in 2020.

I went to the AC state game.  I was disappointed but I was also an SA player at the time lol

17 hours ago, Basementbias said:

I believe AC won in 2000 - correct?  I am a Southern Wells Alum and know that the Raiders beat Perry Central in 2001 @ the RCA Dome.  AC, SW, and Southwood came from the same Sectional and won three straight state titles.  Talk about a tough sectional! 

Edited by WDWarriors

59 minutes ago, WDWarriors said:

I believe AC won in 2000 - correct?  I am a Southern Wells Alum and know that the Raiders beat Perry Central in 2001 @ the RCA Dome.  AC, SW, and Southwood came from the same Sectional and won three straight state titles.  Talk about a tough sectional! 

Yep, in reality your Raiders should have been back to back state champions but a fumble when the game was over allowed AC to hit a game winning FG to win the Sectional final 15-14. That was a great day as a young Jets fan.

20 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Need to change your avatar.  Keeps throwing me off regarding which team you support most of the time lol.

3 hours ago, WDWarriors said:

What year?  My wife graduated from there, too.

Edited by Bonecrusher

4 minutes ago, Bonecrusher said:

Need to change your avatar.  Keeps throwing me off regarding which team you support most of the time lol.

What year?  My wife graduated from there, too.

Lol the avatar was to be used in team builder with my stepson, but we never got the right NCAA version & gaming system to put it in there. It's a mix between Michigan & the San Diego Chargers. We both like Michigan (my #1 & his #2 to LSU) and we just liked the Chargers logo mixed in. The "Pioneer/SA" color scheme just fit in pretty well. I could change it back to the county trophy I suppose, but I use this all over the interwebz. 

• Like 1