Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

3 hours ago, WDWarriors said:

I believe AC won in 2000 - correct?  I am a Southern Wells Alum and know that the Raiders beat Perry Central in 2001 @ the RCA Dome.  AC, SW, and Southwood came from the same Sectional and won three straight state titles.  Talk about a tough sectional! 

Yes this is correct.  I played for SA in those years...graduated 02.  SW and AC were tough.

6 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Yes this is correct.  I played for SA in those years...graduated 02.  SW and AC were tough.

And I believe all 3 beat Midwest Conference schools at semi state

North White-2000

Pioneer in 01

Pioneer in 02

2 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

North White-2000

Pioneer in 01

Pioneer in 02

Yep, I had to look up Southwood's to be sure. I knew the first 2 were correct.

Just now, Basementbias said:

Yep, I had to look up Southwood's to be sure. I knew the first 2 were correct.

Those were the days!! The 2000 mwc was TOUGH. 

Winamac and North White went to semi-state. Frontier was highly ranked. Good times!

2 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

North White-2000

Pioneer in 01

Pioneer in 02

I wonder who’s next?  Frontier, North Newton, Tri-Country?  Even North White, West Central, and even South Newton could surprise...

it will get even saltier cone the MWC expands...

15 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Lol the avatar was to be used in team builder with my stepson, but we never got the right NCAA version & gaming system to put it in there. It's a mix between Michigan & the San Diego Chargers. We both like Michigan (my #1 & his #2 to LSU) and we just liked the Chargers logo mixed in. The "Pioneer/SA" color scheme just fit in pretty well. I could change it back to the county trophy I suppose, but I use this all over the interwebz. 

Teambuilder was awesome back in the day.  Had some fond memories leading the Ivy Tech Fightin' Techies to 8-peat national championships with Lou Holtz at the helm!

16 hours ago, Bonecrusher said:

Need to change your avatar.  Keeps throwing me off regarding which team you support most of the time lol.

What year?  My wife graduated from there, too.

I graduated in 2010.  I was a starting OL/DL on the 2008 and 2009 Regional teams.  

18 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Yep, in reality your Raiders should have been back to back state champions but a fumble when the game was over allowed AC to hit a game winning FG to win the Sectional final 15-14. That was a great day as a young Jets fan.

I remember hearing stories about that game.  I was there but I was probably behind the bleachers playing tackle football.  The good ole' days!

19 hours ago, WDWarriors said:

I believe AC won in 2000 - correct?  I am a Southern Wells Alum and know that the Raiders beat Perry Central in 2001 @ the RCA Dome.  AC, SW, and Southwood came from the same Sectional and won three straight state titles.  Talk about a tough sectional! 

As I recall, SW could’ve (maybe should’ve) won state in 2000 as well.  Up v AC late just trying to kill last couple minutes.  TB got held up and AC ripped it out and I believe ran it down close to goal line.  FG to win 

1 hour ago, WDWarriors said:

I graduated in 2010.  I was a starting OL/DL on the 2008 and 2009 Regional teams.  

I remember hearing stories about that game.  I was there but I was probably behind the bleachers playing tackle football.  The good ole' days!

You know Josh Sparks? I believe he went to Southern Wells for a bit. 

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

As I recall, SW could’ve (maybe should’ve) won state in 2000 as well.  Up v AC late just trying to kill last couple minutes.  TB got held up and AC ripped it out and I believe ran it down close to goal line.  FG to win 

That is pretty much how it went.  ACAC was pretty solid at the time and that sectional was really strong as well (as someone mentioned, the 1A state champ for 3 consecutive years came from that sectional, with 3 different schools).  Heartbreak for SW in 00 but they would not be denied in 01.

3 hours ago, WDWarriors said:

OK, you're quite a bit younger than my wife & I.  She graduated in 1988.  Had several nieces/nephews there off and on over the years, but I can't recall anyone being there in the same time frame as you.  Quite a change in the program from those glory years to where they're at now.  Hopefully they can bring it back some day.

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

Are there live stats for these games?

I’m trying to remember South Adams attempting a run play. I’m sure they have but there haven’t been many.

I think the only stats we’ll see are at the half.  S. Adam “may” have run the ball a couple of times.

No. 20 from Covenant reminds me of a spider.  He runs both East/West (usually looking for an opening) and North/South and shifts from one to the other seamlessly.  

To be clear, I do mean that as a compliment to the kid.  He’s also fun to watch.