Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

Great game.  SA was shocked 1st half by speed of cc.  Big respect to SA coaches and players 2nd half ... given their schedule I didn’t think they would be able to mount a comeback.  Great heart / coaching.

i understand going for 2.  All of SA scores were pretty much deep balls.  OT 1st and 10 from the 10 is a different ball game.  CC was better up front.  Not dominate but better imo.  Hence I understand going for 2 to avoid OT.

Just now, oldtimeqb said:

My Indianapolis geography and knowledge of IPS are pretty weak. 

Where is Covenant Christian? Would it be considered in the Northwest, Howe, or Washington districts? (I think those are now closed IPS schools.) Or would it be in Ben Davis or Pike?

It’s not too far from Ben Davis. 

4 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Meaning yesterday when Luers lost, there was celebration negative comments from certain posters about the knights. Now with covenant beating south adams, I’m not hearing the outrage of a private beating a public. 

Give it a  few minutes or until after the Cathedral game and a few drinks ... it'll likely be coming.

10 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Meaning yesterday when Luers lost, there was celebration negative comments from certain posters about the knights. Now with covenant beating south adams, I’m not hearing the outrage of a private beating a public. 

Seems to be more of a Catholic thing.

Tell you what, public or private, for the second year running, the 1A game did not disappoint for entertainment value.  Gotta love small-school ball!

9 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Some “P/P”s are more err....”disliked” than others.  

It’s usually proportional to the number of prior State Championships.  Luers clearly falls into the “much more disliked” category....add the whole “Catholic” thing as well.  

You’re in good company.

Just now, foxbat said:

Tell you what, public or private, for the second year running, the 1A game did not disappoint for entertainment value.  Gotta love small-school ball!

When I think of small school ball, I think of South Adams. Not a pseudo-JV All Star team from the West Side of Indy masquerading as a 1A football team. 😉

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

Some “P/P”s are more err....”disliked” than others.  

It’s usually proportional to the number of prior State Championships.  Luers clearly falls into the “much more disliked” category....add the whole “Catholic” thing as well.  

You’re in good company.

See that’s exactly the train of thought I was having on the topic. There really seems to be a lot of distaste for Luers on this forum. I don’t think state titles or the catholic thing have much to do with it because if that did then Chatard and cathedral would be the most “disliked” of all. 

7 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

See that’s exactly the train of thought I was having on the topic. There really seems to be a lot of distaste for Luers on this forum. I don’t think state titles or the catholic thing have much to do with it because if that did then Chatard and cathedral would be the most “disliked” of all. 

It's early in the day and they haven't crushed the hopes of the masses yet.  It's coming though.

12 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

When I think of small school ball, I think of South Adams. Not a pseudo-JV All Star team from the West Side of Indy masquerading as a 1A football team. 😉

30 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

See, you just didn't give it enough time. 😀

10 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

There is also an entire thread devoted to CC. So its been hashed out already for a week or so

5 minutes ago, foxbat said:

See, you just didn't give it enough time. 😀

+1 sir.  I’m all out of my smiley face “thingies” for the day.

6 minutes ago, WWFan said:

There is also an entire thread devoted to CC. So its been hashed out already for a week or so

Yes.  And at least 3 other DT threads about Chatard, Cathedral and Roncalli either combined or separately.

4 minutes ago, Lysander said:

+1 sir.  I’m all out of my smiley face “thingies” for the day.

Yes.  And at least 3 other DT threads about Chatard, Cathedral and Roncalli either combined or separately.

I mostly stick to my local teams threads. Seems like much discussion has taken place about those other schools so looks like I have some threads to read! lol 😂 To be fair to Luers though, they aren’t like the Indy area p/p’s that cycle in great classes year in years out, they really have struggled to get the kids they have and keep them. They aren’t as well off as some may think.

3 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I mostly stick to my local teams threads. Seems like much discussion has taken place about those other schools so looks like I have some threads to read! lol 😂 To be fair to Luers though, they aren’t like the Indy area p/p’s that cycle in great classes year in years out, they really have struggled to get the kids they have and keep them. They aren’t as well off as some may think.

As far off of what?  They were one kick away from winning the state title just over 24 hours ago...

Edited by temptation