Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

2 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I mostly stick to my local teams threads. Seems like much discussion has taken place about those other schools so looks like I have some threads to read! lol 😂 To be fair to Luers though, they aren’t like the Indy area p/p’s that cycle in great classes year in years out, they really have struggled to get the kids they have and keep them. They aren’t as well off as some may think.

That is not your typical Luers team.  Good athletes not the great ones they were known for in the past.

26 minutes ago, WWFan said:

There is also an entire thread devoted to CC. So its been hashed out already for a week or so

And will, if history is any indicator, be re-hashed again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, superjay said:

That is not your typical Luers team.  Good athletes not the great ones they were known for in the past.

Exactly my point. The Luers teams from 2007-2012 that won 5 out of 6 2A state championship games were filled with great athletes. They just don’t have the same caliber of talent anymore.

Well what to say. Starfires that was a great comeback and hard fought game. Will be a tough one to swallow, but it was a great season. CC had the athletes. Tough weekend for NE/EC Indiana football. We couldn't finish what our NW/WC Ohio brethren started last weekend. 2 1pt losses for this area sure does sting.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Starfire said:

I heard this was Wilson’s third high school in 3 years?

Freshman, Sophomore years: Lighthouse East. Charter School that closed after his Sophomore year.

Junior: Thomas Howe High School. Charter School. Closed after his Junior year.

Edited by gonzoron

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

At least he didn’t make that Marion “commute” like a lot of Howe players did a couple of years ago......that I-69 drive is just a nightmare during rush hour.

18 minutes ago, Starfire said:

I heard this was Wilson’s third high school in 3 years?

South Adams not that much farther than Marion, shoulda tried for him last year.

1 minute ago, Starfire said:

image.thumb.png.45ef618368ffe7de7497919dfd17cf00.png

I think the announcers were saying around the half that he'd broken into the Top 20 for career passing and season passing too.  He'd probably trade them both for a blue ring, but still nothing to sneeze at.  Congrats to him!

Any idea how these teams could be next year? 

SA having Wanner, Schoch and younger summersett back will help a lot.. Not sure what their younger lineman are or other skilled guys besides them 3 i mentioned but seems they should be decent atleast

CC returns some dudes up front and some solid defensive guys, hear they got some nice sophomores. What will they potentially be like?

1 minute ago, TheStatGuy said:

SA having Wanner, Schoch and younger summersett back will help a lot.. Not sure what their younger lineman are or other skilled guys besides them 3 i mentioned but seems they should be decent atleast

CC returns some dudes up front and some solid defensive guys, hear they got some nice sophomores. What will they potentially be like?

Have a feeling this is the beginning of the gravy train for CC.  Lots of talent in central Indy to “go around.”

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 2

21 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

This was the year for SA.  If they’re in same sectional as Adams Central I doubt they make it out.  Jr class is talented but thin.  Talent pool Is pretty shallow after that.