Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

3 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

This was the year for SA.  If they’re in same sectional as Adams Central I doubt they make it out.  Jr class is talented but thin.  Talent pool Is pretty shallow after that.

Adams Central is getting bumped up to 2A  

8 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

This was the year for SA.  If they’re in same sectional as Adams Central I doubt they make it out.  Jr class is talented but thin.  Talent pool Is pretty shallow after that.

So 1 more good year then?

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I think the announcers were saying around the half that he'd broken into the Top 20 for career passing and season passing too.  He'd probably trade them both for a blue ring, but still nothing to sneeze at.  Congrats to him!

He’s top 10 career and single season. He might have the most in a single season if we play Southern Wells week 9. 

5 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Wouldn't say that for SA.  But as you know (Lewis Cass)....through the years as a powerhouse.  

When you see and/or reach the 'summit'....anything less is always looked at as a down year.

Wanner 7 will be QB next year, Schoch 8 will return as top WR.  Summersett’s younger brother will be RB.  But they are just losing too much talent.  A sectional title next year would be a good feat for SA, IMO 

3 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Wanner 7 will be QB next year, Schoch 8 will return as top WR.  Summersett’s younger brother will be RB.  But they are just losing too much talent.  A sectional title next year would be a good feat for SA, IMO 

That's not too shabby for a 1A program though.  But ya know who now is the "hunter"?  

Monroe Central...  might be a great time to see what the Golden Bears are bringing to the table

Should a team have to bump up a class if they never win a state championship? To me, that's a flaw in the system. South Adams should remain in 1A. If they can't win in 1A, why the heck would anyone believe they can win in 2A? 

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

Any idea how these teams could be next year? 

SA having Wanner, Schoch and younger summersett back will help a lot.. Not sure what their younger lineman are or other skilled guys besides them 3 i mentioned but seems they should be decent atleast

CC returns some dudes up front and some solid defensive guys, hear they got some nice sophomores. What will they potentially be like?

CC won’t know how they will be next year until end of July lol.  What a joke.

15 minutes ago, BTF said:

Should a team have to bump up a class if they never win a state championship? To me, that's a flaw in the system. South Adams should remain in 1A. If they can't win in 1A, why the heck would anyone believe they can win in 2A? 

That’s exactly what happened to Scecina a few years ago.

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

South Adams isn't going up to 2A.  

They didn't win a Regional nor the State in the past 2 years.  Why would they get bumped to 2A?

14 minutes ago, Lysander said:

That’s exactly what happened to Scecina a few years ago.

And Linton-Stockton also if memory serves me.  

43 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

South Adams isn't going up to 2A.  

They didn't win a Regional nor the State in the past 2 years.  Why would they get bumped to 2A?

And Linton-Stockton also if memory serves me.  

Linton beat pioneer in the title game

15 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

He went to lighthouse for 2 years then it closed. Howe for a year then it closed.

I admittedly usually root against SA during the season but when you bring a kid in that changes your program that much in 1A?  Come on man..

15 minutes ago, NE8Fan said:

I admittedly usually root against SA during the season but when you bring a kid in that changes your program that much in 1A?  Come on man..

According to MaxPreps, he didn't even play football last year. He was a basketball player. Come on man, do your own homework.

1 hour ago, NE8Fan said:

Maybe I’m wrong.. same name and same number.  Quick google search. 

6B08C05E-7310-458F-9E74-392A15BDCA1C.png

55 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Lol I searched it too and watched the highlights.  Runs just like the CC Wilson lol

He's not listed on any Warren Central roster for the last 4 years. It really doesn't matter to me, I just get tired of seeing people whining when they get beat by a better team and then try to blame it on something besides football. It makes you both look pretty small. That was a great football game today, neither team needs an excuse, but obviously some of the fans do.

• Thanks 2