Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

He's not listed on any Warren Central roster for the last 4 years. It really doesn't matter to me, I just get tired of seeing people whining when they get beat by a better team and then try to blame it on something besides football. It makes you both look pretty small. That was a great football game today, neither team needs an excuse, but obviously some of the fans do.

Truly, truly!  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Lysander said:

I think the only stats we’ll see are at the half.  S. Adam “may” have run the ball a couple of times.

No. 20 from Covenant reminds me of a spider.  He runs both East/West (usually looking for an opening) and North/South and shifts from one to the other seamlessly.  

To be clear, I do mean that as a compliment to the kid.  He’s also fun to watch.

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him run.  The thing that I noticed about him too is that his East/West running was not "wasteful."  Some backs that can scamper East/West sometimes spend lots of horizontal yards picking up a few vertical.  He seemed very "economical" in his East/West which made it harder for the defense to get a fix on him.  That run that he had after SA took the lead for the last time was just amazing as I have to expect he was running on pure adrenaline at that point in the game.

As much as his play on the field, I thoroughly enjoyed his demeanor in the post-game interview.  He seemed surprised when the interviewer told him how many yards he had and the first words out of his mouth were recognition to his line.  He also seemed to have an infectious quality about him, in a good way, ... his grin, his approach, etc.  All in all, seemed like a kid who appreciated the opportunity and embraced the moment well.

10 hours ago, foxbat said:

I thoroughly enjoyed watching him run.  The thing that I noticed about him too is that his East/West running was not "wasteful."  Some backs that can scamper East/West sometimes spend lots of horizontal yards picking up a few vertical.  He seemed very "economical" in his East/West which made it harder for the defense to get a fix on him.  That run that he had after SA took the lead for the last time was just amazing as I have to expect he was running on pure adrenaline at that point in the game.

As much as his play on the field, I thoroughly enjoyed his demeanor in the post-game interview.  He seemed surprised when the interviewer told him how many yards he had and the first words out of his mouth were recognition to his line.  He also seemed to have an infectious quality about him, in a good way, ... his grin, his approach, etc.  All in all, seemed like a kid who appreciated the opportunity and embraced the moment well.

Micah’s a very quiet, modest kid.  He’s a great teammate. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Micah’s a very quiet, modest kid.  He’s a great teammate. 

Excited to see what colleges he will play at...  I couldn’t help myself.  

I wasn’t at the game but his interview seemed great on TV.  I also thought the CC coach interviewed well too for being an interim at the highest level.  I was impressed.  I read somewhere that he started this year as the special teams coordinator.  What happened to the original HC?

8 hours ago, foxbat said:

Looks like he'd be a fun kid to coach.

Tons of fun.  It's been really cool to see him come out of his shell since the beginning of the year.  He didn't play defense, so he always jumped in to run scout team O and it really helped our first team D.  Great team player. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 7:34 PM, temptation said:

Have a feeling this is the beginning of the gravy train for CC.  Lots of talent in central Indy to “go around.”

I am sure @Coach_Hogan_Brotherwould be able to tell you there is no gravy train especially with Lutheran lingering in their sectional. That was a good game as well. CC had a terrific year, but they also have some 3+ year starters they will be losing which won't be easy cleats, helmets, and shoulder pads to replace.

24 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

I am sure @Coach_Hogan_Brotherwould be able to tell you there is no gravy train especially with Lutheran lingering in their sectional. That was a good game as well. CC had a terrific year, but they also have some 3+ year starters they will be losing which won't be easy cleats, helmets, and shoulder pads to replace.

Nothing is easy in Lutheran's sectional haha we're going to need a great off-season.  Hopefully this success inspires our returning guys and younger up-and-comers.

CC was incredibly fun to watch in person and then again on TV this past weekend.  As many have said, hats off to the kids (and coaches) from SA.  Those kids played hard as well.  As much as it is fun to watch teams and their personal schemes/identities Im more impressed to watch teams like CC and SA (and many others that I havent got to watch yet) that just play incredibly hard on every play.  #17 for CC and #55 I believe for SA.  Kids just played as hard as they could and as fast as they could every down.  Great job to all involved. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

This is kind of like TPCS.  The previous two seasons they had a pretty good run making it to the sectional championship games, but getting bounced by South Putnam and LCC respectively.  They didn't have big numbers, but they had a really good class that kept the fabric tight ... but enough of those kids graduated.  This season they went 4-4, but you could see the fabric was looser as they eeked out a 13-12 win against a 2-5 Tri-Central team in the first round of sectionals and were supposed to face Clinton Prairie in the second round of sections, before COVID took that game away ... and TPCS only pulled off a 21-18 win earlier against the Gophers.

20 minutes ago, PLACfan said:

CC was incredibly fun to watch in person and then again on TV this past weekend.  As many have said, hats off to the kids (and coaches) from SA.  Those kids played hard as well.  As much as it is fun to watch teams and their personal schemes/identities Im more impressed to watch teams like CC and SA (and many others that I havent got to watch yet) that just play incredibly hard on every play.  #17 for CC and #55 I believe for SA.  Kids just played as hard as they could and as fast as they could every down.  Great job to all involved. 

There were a lot of really good plays on both sides of the ball by both teams.  The one thing that I saw that stuck out with me, besides that long run winding run by Micah at the very end of the game after SA had scored their last go ahead TD, was on SA's very last TD.  I didn't catch the number, but the back got into the end zone almost unscathed ... but right before he got in, someone going through that hole first made a jarring contact with the defender.  Like I said, I didn't catch the number and the kid's build looked more like a QB than a lineman, but the contact looked like it was all line.  Those are the kinds of things that get lost in the highlight reels, but that speak to your observation.

8 minutes ago, foxbat said:

There were a lot of really good plays on both sides of the ball by both teams.  The one thing that I saw that stuck out with me, besides that long run winding run by Micah at the very end of the game after SA had scored their last go ahead TD, was on SA's very last TD.  I didn't catch the number, but the back got into the end zone almost unscathed ... but right before he got in, someone going through that hole first made a jarring contact with the defender.  Like I said, I didn't catch the number and the kid's build looked more like a QB than a lineman, but the contact looked like it was all line.  Those are the kinds of things that get lost in the highlight reels, but that speak to your observation.

Went back and watched, that was 15 Nick Miller, our TE/FB/DE. I didn’t realize til I looked for it here, but he leveled a kid on that play. He has been Mr. Do Everything for us for four years, and he played a hell of a game on Saturday. He normally doesn’t play with much emotion, he’s just a pretty reserved laid back kid, but you could see his heart on his sleeve and how bad he wanted to win that game. 

I also kind of hoped it would be 70 who you were referring to, because he actually was a backup quarterback the past 3 years. He gained some weight over the offseason, and ended up starting at guard for us this year. 

Edited by Thor77
One more thing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Went back and watched, that was 15 Nick Miller, our TE/FB/DE. I didn’t realize til I looked for it here, but he leveled a kid on that play. He has been Mr. Do Everything for us for four years, and he played a hell of a game on Saturday. He normally doesn’t play with much emotion, he’s just a pretty reserved laid back kid, but you could see his heart on his sleeve and how bad he wanted to win that game. 

That kid was a man possessed out there!  He was really fun to watch and yes, he did a bit of everything in that game. 

24 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

I also kind of hoped it would be 70 who you were referring to, because he actually was a backup quarterback the past 3 years. He gained some weight over the offseason, and ended up starting at guard for us this year. 

I didn't see it either until the replay.  I was so focused on the back just waltzing in and even the announcers stating how he went in pretty much untouched.  You see that reply and you almost wonder how that kid got up from the jolt.  That's one of those plays that you get on tape and put it in your playbook and show every kid who carries the ball.  Not to take anything away from the runner, but that block made sure that the runner's uniform was going to be clean on that play.  Definitely goes to show that this is a game of teammates.

Edited by foxbat

Congrats to Covenant Christian on winning the State Championship.  A lot of credit needs to go to Coach Flatt and the Basketball program.  Many kids over the past 5 seasons were definitely more basketball kids, than football kids.   Coach Flatt has obviously been able to give the ok for a lot of these kids to play football also.  It has definitely helped the CC football team!

Edited by CheapSeats

Micah Wilson and Nick Miller were especially fun to watch. Both are outstanding players - obviously 

I was impressed with the heart of South Adams and the composure of Covenant Christian - obviously 

The Covenant Christian offensive line is well coached. Their o-line coach is good at hawg coaching.

On 11/28/2020 at 8:18 PM, Thor77 said:

James also may have the most passing yards in state finals history, regardless of class. Our stat keepers had him at 510, not the 480 the IHSAA had. It’s at least worth a look in to, considering the IHSAA half-assed a lot of things during the game. 

What else did the IHSAA Half ass?

23 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:

What else did the IHSAA Half ass?

They put our head coaches name on the pre game video as Doug Beall, our head statistician, instead of Grant Moser. His name is listed on Maxpreps since he’s in charge of that, but that’s such a big oversight. I also expected more from a professional announcer in terms of pronouncing names correct. I know SA has some weird names, but someone even halfway decent would check with some SA person on some of the names. Our Berne Witness guys do it every week with the opposing team. 

5 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

They put our head coaches name on the pre game video as Doug Beall, our head statistician, instead of Grant Moser. His name is listed on Maxpreps since he’s in charge of that, but that’s such a big oversight. I also expected more from a professional announcer in terms of pronouncing names correct. I know SA has some weird names, but someone even halfway decent would check with some SA person on some of the names. Our Berne Witness guys do it every week with the opposing team. 

Those pregame vids are done by an outside vendor. 

15 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

It's them Amish. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.