Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Class A State Title - South Adams vs Covenant Christian

2 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It's them Amish. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

Those aren’t too bad lol. But about every announcer this year has called Trey Schoch (pronounced Shock) as Scotch or Scoutch. And we did have an Amish kid on the team, and they did pronounce Hilty right. 

33 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It's them Amish. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

Just wait until AC & SA figure out how to get our Amish kids to 9-12 and play sports. It would be game over for the rest of the state! :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Just wait until AC & SA figure out how to get our Amish kids to 9-12 and play sports. It would be game over for the rest of the state! :classic_biggrin:

Can teams overcome them by having night games instead of trying to corral them with the SF? 😀

15 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Can teams overcome them by having night games instead of trying to corral them with the SF? 😀

Nope. I think we both have parking for buggy's (1 spot or so or used to). There have been times where quite a few have came to watch. I didn't notice as many at AC as years past, but I've also been just watching the webcast the last 3 years or so. South Adams even had some go to LOS I believe. I'm not sure their numbers for watching but they used to have quite a few as well.

6 hours ago, Thor77 said:

Went back and watched, that was 15 Nick Miller, our TE/FB/DE. I didn’t realize til I looked for it here, but he leveled a kid on that play. He has been Mr. Do Everything for us for four years, and he played a hell of a game on Saturday. He normally doesn’t play with much emotion, he’s just a pretty reserved laid back kid, but you could see his heart on his sleeve and how bad he wanted to win that game. 

I also kind of hoped it would be 70 who you were referring to, because he actually was a backup quarterback the past 3 years. He gained some weight over the offseason, and ended up starting at guard for us this year. 

That play was a brutal hit.  Miller had a great game.  Based our entire pass pro off of his alignment and he still got pressure on several plays.

3 hours ago, CheapSeats said:

Congrats to Covenant Christian on winning the State Championship.  A lot of credit needs to go to Coach Flatt and the Basketball program.  Many kids over the past 5 seasons were definitely more basketball kids, than football kids.   Coach Flatt has obviously been able to give the ok for a lot of these kids to play football also.  It has definitely helped the CC football team!

Coach Flatt does deserve a lot of credit.  He was one of our biggest supporters throughout the whole season.  He told me after we beat Lutheran he was trying to move their basketball season back a bit since several bball players would be playing in the state football championship.

3 hours ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Micah Wilson and Nick Miller were especially fun to watch. Both are outstanding players - obviously 

I was impressed with the heart of South Adams and the composure of Covenant Christian - obviously 

The Covenant Christian offensive line is well coached. Their o-line coach is good at hawg coaching.

God's Hogs stepped up big time Saturday.  I'm sure their OL coach would say he comes from the best coaching tree in the state!