Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

22 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

Luers seems to be able to turn it off and on at any time during the game offensively. How's webos defense? I've looked at their points given up but not their statistical numbers.

Let's just say Luers can't spot Webo 22 before they decide to turn it on offensively.

• Like 1

Pulling for Luers since I have family playing for them again. Be cool if another "non-football" growing up, soccer player wins another football state title! WEBO is the real deal though so it will be pretty tough. Perfect timing for them in the SF years to get 3 in a row appearances in 2A. Very impressed with their program.

54 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Let's just say Luers can't spot Webo 22 before they decide to turn it on offensively.

I'd suspect that WeBo might be a little deeper too.  A big thing that hurt pioneer was their player that went down who, I believe, was also the punter and maybe even the kicker.  Losing a punter and a placekicker, in addition to a starting lineman, is tough for a small school to pivot on; especially if it's 1A playing in 2A.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

I completely agree. Webo seems to be more well rounded defensively for sure. Offensively, after watching the semi state game, pioneer was much more explosive. Webo is run heavy, usually under center with 2 receivers and a wing back plus Taylor the bruiser tailback. They run the wing (#8) in motion pre snap and most times hand the ball off to Taylor. He’s not the fastest or most athletic but boy is he a handful to bring down and just drags defenders wherever he goes. Webo’s pass game is short to intermediate when they do throw, which is maybe 7-10 times. The Knights need to play their absolute best game of the year to come out victorious there’s no doubt.

7 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

I completely agree. Webo seems to be more well rounded defensively for sure. Offensively, after watching the semi state game, pioneer was much more explosive. Webo is run heavy, usually under center with 2 receivers and a wing back plus Taylor the bruiser tailback. They run the wing (#8) in motion pre snap and most times hand the ball off to Taylor. He’s not the fastest or most athletic but boy is he a handful to bring down and just drags defenders wherever he goes. Webo’s pass game is short to intermediate when they do throw, which is maybe 7-10 times. The Knights need to play their absolute best game of the year to come out victorious there’s no doubt.

Not sure how u came to this conclusion.  Webo can’t throw the ball.  They’re oline is undersized.  This will be a pioneer repeat but worse.  Once webo gets down 10 they will try to throw the ball and it will quickly get ugly.  Luers wins by 28.

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Not sure how u came to this conclusion.  Webo can’t throw the ball.  They’re oline is undersized.  This will be a pioneer repeat but worse.  Once webo gets down 10 they will try to throw the ball and it will quickly get ugly.  Luers wins by 28.

This prediction sounds like one from last week from EMD guy's. That didn't even come close. 5 forced turnovers by webo defense. 

55 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

That’s if they get down by 10. What happens if it’s a repeat of the semi state for Luers? Also, I wasn’t implying that webo had a threatening pass game or anything like that, just that their offense is similar to pioneers but they can and will throw a pass here and there. Regardless, Luers’ defense needs to play their very best game of the year.

1 minute ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

That’s if they get down by 10. What happens if it’s a repeat of the semi state for Luers? Also, I wasn’t implying that webo had a threatening pass game or anything like that, just that their offense is similar to pioneers but they can and will throw a pass here and there. Regardless, Luers’ defense needs to play their very best game of the year.

Agree they’re v similar to pioneer in their offensive approach.  Just think the elements will be in favor of a speed / passing team

6 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

And I’m assuming Luers won’t hand the 3 points after half

1 hour ago, FarmerFran said:

Player that went down for Pioneer started at guard, was one of the teams leading tacklers and was the punter. 

That'll definitely hamstring you.

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

This prediction sounds like one from last week from EMD guy's. That didn't even come close. 5 forced turnovers by webo defense. How many players does the luers have going both ways? Webo looks like they have 3 maybe 4. 

16 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

110 yards passing 204 yards rushing per game.  We have been told we are undersized all year.  We have been told we are going to get beat against Heritage Christian and Evansville Mater Dei.  We will show up and play.  The coaches will prepare the kids for BL and the kids will show up Friday morning and work their tails off for a 3rd Straight Blue Ring.  I fully expect to get BL's best shot.  Should be a good game... I don't think either team wins by 28 though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

Shut!

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

110 yards passing 204 yards rushing per game.  We have been told we are undersized all year.  We have been told we are going to get beat against Heritage Christian and Evansville Mater Dei.  We will show up and play.  The coaches will prepare the kids for BL and the kids will show up Friday morning and work their tails off for a 3rd Straight Blue Ring.  I fully expect to get BL's best shot.  Should be a good game... I don't think either team wins by 28 though.

WeBo is very good. Yes, their O-line isn't big but they are physical and aggressive. I wouldn't say the defense is fast, but they all fly to the ball. I haven't seen anything of Luers, but it will take a good effort for anyone to beat WeBo. Unfortunately we didn't give them our best shot but they made us look bad everywhere. Good luck to both teams. I'm sure it will be a good one. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jakone said:

Is Luers best overall player Sir Hale still out with injury? Come Friday it will be four weeks he's been sidelined.

I believe his injury was season ending. 

2 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Hard to bet against a team that's made it to 3 straight state finals. Coach Pelley has done a fantastic job since taking over the program. 

Luers made some fantastic adjustments last week in a game that looked like it was going to get ugly. I am not sure they will be able to dig themselves out of a hole like that if it happens this week.

Should be a great game between two great teams. 

• Like 1

Not sure WeBo's defense was super fast, but they did swarm to the ball and they didn't miss tackles, seemed very disciplined.  I think they scouted us very well and executed their game plan on defense extremely well.  their lines are not big, but they seemed to out-quick MD on friday night.  MD was able to get a little pressure on their pass plays, but we really seemed to have no answer for #41.  And when you key on him, they run out wide for big chunks.

Coach Brunes (defensive Coach) is one of the best in the state in any class. We are lucky to have him on our side...

15 minutes ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Not sure WeBo's defense was super fast, but they did swarm to the ball and they didn't miss tackles, seemed very disciplined.  I think they scouted us very well and executed their game plan on defense extremely well.  their lines are not big, but they seemed to out-quick MD on friday night.  MD was able to get a little pressure on their pass plays, but we really seemed to have no answer for #41.  And when you key on him, they run out wide for big chunks.

• Like 2