Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

40 minutes ago, XStar said:

Western Boone is on a 17-game postseason win streak.  Their longest previous postseason win streak was 10 games.  Who ended that streak?

That would be Bishop Luers in the ‘89 Semi State 33-12 👀. That ‘89 Luers team was a tough nosed bunch. They loved to run the football with over 3000 team yards. Fred Moore was arguably the best back in the state that year with just over 2000 to finish the season. He was electric ️ 

I would expect leading into this game, a steady stream of former Bishop Luers players will be making: Zoom calls, tweets, phone calls and the like.  All focusing on the 'legacy of the program.

Now what the current players do, and how they process that information, is anyone's guess. 

It is shocking...but not unpredictable that they made it this far in the tournament. 

24 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

I would expect leading into this game, a steady stream of former Bishop Luers players will be making: Zoom calls, tweets, phone calls and the like.  All focusing on the 'legacy of the program.

Now what the current players do, and how they process that information, is anyone's guess. 

It is shocking...but not unpredictable that they made it this far in the tournament. 

I don’t know how it is now but when I was there many years ago, former players would call, send texts, write letters and come talk to us at practice and games reminding us of just how important it was to carry on the winning tradition. That was throughout the whole year. So to us, if we left Indianapolis without that State championship, we didn’t accomplish our goal and our season was a failure. No moral victories for us. I’m sure Kyle (Lindsay) has his team approaching this week the same way. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

This one, I am leaning Webo, but ultimately surprised that Luers made it this far 

Hard to judge some of these Luers teams. They don't see another 2A schools until the tournament starts and their sectional outside of Eastside is a joke. 

2 hours ago, Prospect said:

Hard to judge some of these Luers teams. They don't see another 2A schools until the tournament starts and their sectional outside of Eastside is a joke. 

It is hard to judge based on the teams they play but you can always count on effort and physicality from luers 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

That would be Bishop Luers in the ‘89 Semi State 33-12 👀. That ‘89 Luers team was a tough nosed bunch. They loved to run the football with over 3000 team yards. Fred Moore was arguably the best back in the state that year with just over 2000 to finish the season. He was electric ️ 

Fred Moore outdueled Travis Hollingsworth who was one of the all time greats.

14 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

Turn around this year was surprising to me given last year’s performance.

We had a pretty young team last year. This year's team is finally starting to click at the right time. The real concern is Hale going down. Luers always has that next man up mentality down to a science so they should be ready.

I went to grade school and high school with Fred, but only see him when he's refereeing IHSAA basketball games that I see anymore.  Yes, he went to Catholic grade school. 

When I lived in the area, I'd often catch WEBO games.  Good football over that way.  

Whatever happens, I hope that the decent Luers team shows up and they don't drop opportunities. 

Edited by Robert

6 hours ago, Robert said:

I went to grade school and high school with Fred, but only see him when he's refereeing IHSAA basketball games that I see anymore.  Yes, he went to Catholic grade school. 

When I lived in the area, I'd often catch WEBO games.  Good football over that way.  

Whatever happens, I hope that the decent Luers team shows up and they don't drop opportunities. 

Wow you went to Sacred Heart, So did I. My friend who also went to Sacred Heart coached Fred in grade school basketball I thought he was going to make it to the NBA lol.

Best of luck to both teams here in about an hour or so. 

Curious if some WeBo poster can shed some light on a question I’ve been pondering. 

Before this 3 year explosion- was it safe to say WeBo was just a “middle of the road 3A school” ?? Meaning- had t won a sectional since the early 90s?? 

Why the sudden drop in enrollment to 2A?? 

29 minutes ago, jets said:

Curious if some WeBo poster can shed some light on a question I’ve been pondering. 

Before this 3 year explosion- was it safe to say WeBo was just a “middle of the road 3A school” ?? Meaning- had t won a sectional since the early 90s?? 

They played for a state championship in 1998 and won sectionals in 1999 and 2001 so I'm not sure you understand what you're talking about.  "had t won a sectional since the early 90s??"

Edited by XStar

32 minutes ago, jets said:

Have you ever driven through the towns that go to Webos? They dropped because of enrowment, STATE LAW!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Donnie Baker said:

Have you ever driven through the towns that go to Webos? They dropped because of enrowment, STATE LAW!

Haha.  Yeah the towns of Jamestown, Advance, Dover, Thorntown, Mechanicsburg, and Elizaville aren't exactly growing.  Most people that live in or around those towns either farm or commute to Indy or Lafayette for work but these places aren't exactly the northwestern suburbs of choice like Zionsville or Brownsburg. 

Western Boone has been on either side of the 2A/3A line for a couple of decades.  A few students either way has usually been the difference between one class or the other.  The fact that they dropped a few students really shouldn't surprise anyone. 

2 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

My tv isn't doing that. Broadcast is just fine.

Let's go WeBo!!

I'm watching on the Ihsaa app. Guessing it's also on FSIN? The audio is fine, but the video is screwing up big time.

1 minute ago, wvigo13 said:

Yeah it's on FSI. I've had that issue on ihsaatv too. I think it's their app.

Just realized Hulu dropped Fox Sports regional channels. Just FS1&2 and local fox channel. Great