Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

4 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

If I’m webo, I do what I do best and run my workhorse in Taylor. Those blast and dive plays mixed with a play action to Garrity here and there should be the play book for the second half.

Marsh is probably the more dynamic option so I don't mind if they use him more.  He also has a heavy load playing defense so they used Taylor more throughout the season but this is the state championship game.  He's every bit as hard to bring down and has more speed.

My question is what can Western Boone do to get off the field on defense.  Every time Luers needed a play they got it that first half.  They got to the QB a couple of times but he just kind of threw the ball up and found his top wide receiver each time.  They also did a poor job in coverage at least twice that allowed for alot of yards after catches.  If they can't figure out something on defense, Luers could easily pull away in the 2nd half.  

8 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

If I’m webo, I do what I do best and run my workhorse in Taylor. Those blast and dive plays mixed with a play action to Garrity here and there should be the play book for the second half.

Looked like Luers figured something out on that last WeBo drive. Stuffed the runs up the middle. WeBo needs to keep running to the outside to open the middle back up. Those passing plays are working pretty well. Need to throw a few more of those in there. 

2 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

WeBo took that timeout before their 3rd & 8 play. They let 40 seconds run off before that. Then I agree, they had to rush themselves. Then they decided to huddle with 40 seconds left and didn't run their play until 12 seconds left and then they fumbled. Even if they didn't fumble, they had no time for anything else. FG wasn't an option there after that missed XP.

They still had one timeout left right?  Or am I misremembering?  

Just now, wvigo13 said:

Looked like Luers figured something out on that last WeBo drive. Stuffed the runs up the middle. WeBo needs to keep running to the outside to open the middle back up. Those passing plays are working pretty well. Need to throw a few more of those in there. 

I'm not sure they figured out anything.  Western Boone just didn't/couldn't block whoever was lined up over center on several plays.  

26 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

My point was that if the team in white was St. Webo, I have a suspicion we would be discussing the weakness of a hard 2 year reclassification. Instead you want to turn it into a referendum on every P/P school in the state.

I don’t care who wins this game at all. Right now the game is hinging on 3rd and 4th down conversions and protecting the football. Just like every other game. 

I’m not an odd front fan, but I am curious to see how BL employs it against the Wing T and unbalanced looks of Webo.

Not every P/P school in the state but the fact that they are about to go 5/5 this weekend despite making up just over 5 percent of the schools that started the tournament last month must be a coincidence huh?

13 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Sure, but in the end , they have to contain the pass and catch by the knights. Knights have the ability to score fast. Not so sure with the stars. So far it’s slow moving , but effective offense for them. Stars can’t catch up coughing up the ball .

Man I'm bummed.   We have Hulu but  doesn't look like there's Fox Sports Indiana.   We watched the games last year on Hulu.  It's funny.  We see all of the Pacers games on FSI but today I can't even find it with a search.  We have the deluxe package for Hulu so I'm sure we have it.

Edited by itiswhatitis

6 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

Man I'm bummed.   We have Hulu but  doesn't look like there's Fox Sports Indiana.   We watched the games last year on Hulu.  It's funny.  We see all of the Pacers games on FSI but today I can't even find it with a search.  We have the deluxe package for Hulu so I'm sure we have it.

The game is also on ihsaa tv if you have access to the internet.

7 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

It’s also on Fox Sports Missouri and Fox Sports Kansas City.

5 minutes ago, XStar said:

Think I would've run the ball on the conversion.  Right now the difference in the game are the 2 special teams errors for Western Boone.  Missed xp and kickoff return fumble.  

The clear difference in this game is the athleticism and speed of Luers. It forces Webo to play a perfect game to stay in it and they’ve failed thus far to do so. 

But, so far a good response in the 3rd quarter to force a punt and drive for a TD. But then comes the big pass....

Edited by Staxawax