Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Just stepped out of bounds, or did the defender have anything to do with it?

Replay clearly showed that the defender's contact caused the receiver to go out of bounds. Remember, there was also that not too smart interference with a fair catch penalty. Take that away, and Webo would not have been in FG range.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, scarab527 said:

congrats to the refs for giving WeBo the game. I’m honestly disgusted. 

Just now, javaswat01 said:

Ooof, that Pass Interference call was poor, to put it mildly. Nevermind the fact that the WR took multiple steps out of bound running down the sideline

You two have no clue. Receiver was being pushed out of bounds by defender. Interference everytime. Ignorance like this makes me laugh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, javaswat01 said:

Ooof, that Pass Interference call was poor, to put it mildly. Nevermind the fact that the WR took multiple steps out of bound running down the sideline

Good thing no questionable calls went against Western Boone the entire rest of the game.  

1 minute ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Replay clearly showed that the defender's contact caused the receiver to go out of bounds. Remember, there was also that not too smart interference with a fair catch penalty. Take that away, and Webo would not have been in FG range.

Then it’s no foul.

1 minute ago, PHJIrish said:

There's no way that the 4A game starts at 3!  We need to award the trophy and the mental attitude award.  Then empty the stadium and clean all in one hour.

Who says they can’t start the game before the fans get in? Besides getting behind on starting times isn’t all that bad.

2 minutes ago, LuersLurker said:

Never let it be close enough for the refs to decide it.  Luers beat themselves with penalties at the wrong time.  Can not do that in a state championship.

True, but the game came down to a penalty that should've never been called. Refs deciding a game at any level is just brutal.

1 minute ago, WestfieldRocks said:

No, contact didn't make the receiver step out, receiver stepped out  before the contact.

• Disdain 1

1 minute ago, miner_35 said:

You two have no clue. Receiver was being pushed out of bounds by defender. Interference everytime. Ignorance like this makes me laugh

It was a spot on call. 

You could see on the damn replay the receiver was getting hammered!

Great win for WeBo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Solid call.

Definite tip of the cap to the 3rd team today.

Several bang-bang calls with fumbles/spots. The holding late with the 4th down measurement before WeBo decided accept/decline.

And the unfortunate kick catch and defensive pass interference calls that were 100% the right call. A penalty is a penalty whether in the first or 48th minute.

The crew was top notch in my book as expected. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scarab527 said:

True, but the game came down to a penalty that should've never been called. Refs deciding a game at any level is just brutal.

Western Boone had at least one more down if needed and that kick could've been good from another 15 yards out anyway.

3 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

Defender was playing the ball all the way. The Dunning-Kruger Effect makes me laugh.