Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

1 minute ago, miner_35 said:

Replay doesn't matter. He impeded the receiver from coming back to try and make a play. You can not do that regardless of the receiver being out of bounds.

So the rule must have changed.  If the receiver steps out of bounds he should be an ineligible receiver.

1 minute ago, miner_35 said:

Replay doesn't matter. He impeded the receiver from coming back to try and make a play. You can not do that regardless of the receiver being out of bounds.

Agreed.

Day 1 DB drills. Hand on the hip/love handle area = rarely a flag 

Armbar across the chest = always a flag 

6 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

You two have no clue. Receiver was being pushed out of bounds by defender. Interference everytime. Ignorance like this makes me laugh

lol go back and rewatch that play. the replay shown in the ihsaatv broadcast showed him stepping out of bounds twice while running down the sideline, neither time as a result of contact

I have no dog in this fight so don't care either way but your comments are factually incorrect

Just now, PHJIrish said:

So the rule must have changed.  If the receiver steps out of bounds he should be an ineligible receiver.

This is incorrect and he is not an ineligible receiver. He becomes an illegal participant if he catches the ball or make a block I do believe. Had been that way since I became an official.

• Like 1

Just now, Staxawax said:

PHJ, I get what you’re saying. And I doubt they would start. But if they’re intent on staying on schedule, having fans get in late would not change their minds.

The schedule was unrealistic to begin with is what I'm getting at and that's because of COVID.

1 minute ago, PHJIrish said:

Maybe changed on 1960 then but a eligible stays eligible throughout the down doesn’t matter if they go out of bounds or not. If they go out of bounds on their own and then return it’s illegal participation but they are still eligible so what you said is 100% wrong 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, javaswat01 said:

lol go back and rewatch that play. the replay shown in the ihsaatv broadcast showed him stepping out of bounds twice while running down the sideline, neither time as a result of contact

I have no dog in this fight so don't care either way but your comments are factually incorrect

Even if he steps out of bounds, you can not prevent the receiver from making a play on the ball.  The defender does this DPI, no matter what

1 minute ago, javaswat01 said:

I have no dog in the fight either and I agree with you!

Just now, Huge Football Fan said:

Maybe changed on 1960 then but a eligible stays eligible throughout the down doesn’t matter if they go out of bounds or not. If they go out of bounds on their own and then return it’s illegal participation but they are still eligible so what you said is 100% wrong 

So illegal participation doesn't really matter in your scenario, is that what you're saying?  

2 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

So illegal participation doesn't really matter in your scenario, is that what you're saying?  

He didn't do anything to make him an illegal participant, even if he went out on his own. He didn't touch the ball or block. 

That was going to be a tough catch. The defender was in good position until he started forcing him off his route. No problem with the call. A non-call decides the game also.........

4 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

From what I see 24 makes illegal contact before 85 ever touches oob. I have it paused and 85’s left foot is in the air and the illegal contact has already occurred. 

4 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

Only illegal if he catches the ball or makes a block. @Bobref would be better at this explination.

No the rule is participate. Those things are part of but not limited too participating 

Very sad for these Luers kids to have a game be decided that way. I thought when they got the ball back with 1:55 that they shouldn’t of been conservative. Stay true to who you are and drive the ball downfield but hey. Now it’s on to next year, your goal remains the same. This loss should fuel you to be better. 

This is a great thing for everyone on this thread/forum who hates parochial and private schools. It’s like Christmas come a few weeks early! I’m not sure why there is so much hate, but enjoy basking in it. Much respect to Webo. Hard fought game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SL816 said:

He didn't do anything to make him an illegal participant, even if he went out on his own. He didn't touch the ball or block. 

That was going to be a tough catch. The defender was in good position until he started forcing him off his route. No problem with the call. A non-call decides the game also.........

What some do not understand is that there is no such thing as uncatchable in high school.