Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A State Championship: Fort Wayne Bishop Luers vs. Western Boone Stars

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

What bias? I said I didn't see that part of the play. I'm not saying what should have happened. I'm just telling you what the rules say. Or are you not interested in that?

I think he's referring to the fact that you stand up for the play called on the field 100% of the time. Clearly you have a good grip on the game and I respect your contributions on here. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you disagree with a call that was questioned on this forum. 

4 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

However, growing rapidly, due to many people moving into the Whitestown area, where Amazon is now a fixture, along with other businesses that have located there in recent years.

Whitestown feeds in to Lebanon doesn't it?

4 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Compliment? I don’t think Webo being called an Indy area school is a compliment. But your opinion.

Why wouldn't it be a compliment? They are a state champion from the Indianapolis Metropolitan Area. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

I think he's referring to the fact that you stand up for the play called on the field 100% of the time. Clearly you have a good grip on the game and I respect your contributions on here. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you disagree with a call that was questioned on this forum. 

Then you haven't seen enough of my posts.

If you're talking about this specific play, I don't think the DPI call could be called unreasonable by anyone. Some might not have called it. But no one can really say it was unreasonable to call it. As for the receiver stepping out, I have no idea.

Perhaps the reason I agree so often with the call on the field is that they usually get it right. But I have not hesitated to call out officiating errors on this forum where warranted. I won't hesitate to do that. I just don't see an error here. This crew did make a few errors, but no one on here has raised them. If you do, I'll be happy to comment and concede that they didn't work a perfect game.

Edited by Bobref

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Then you haven't seen enough of my posts.

If you're talking about this specific play, I don't think the DPI call could be called unreasonable by anyone. Some might not have called it. But no one can really say it was unreasonable to call it. As for the receiver stepping out, I have no idea.

Perhaps the reason I agree so often with the call on the field is that they usually get it right. But I have not hesitated to call out officiating errors on this forum where warranted. I won't hesitate to do that. I just don't see an error here.

In this case, I believe the right call was made. Luers fans are reeling right now. I don't blame them. The Knights played a great game, forced some turnovers, but blew a two score lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. 

Luers fans...........there is light at the end of the tunnel. No one will touch you guys next year. Ring it up now. 

Edited by BTF
correction

12 minutes ago, XStar said:

Whitestown feeds in to Lebanon doesn't it?

Yes.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

In this case, I believe the right call was made. Luers fans are reeling right now. I don't blame them. The Knights played a great game, forced some turnovers, but blew a two score lead with less than 2 minutes remaining. 

Luers fans...........there is light at the end of the tunnel. No one will touch you guys next year. Ring it up now. Webo's three year run is over. 

Good catch. Webo will be in 3A next year.

6 minutes ago, BTF said:

Luers fans...........there is light at the end of the tunnel. No one will touch you guys next year. Ring it up now. 

They very well might run through 2A next year with no problem.  BUT, I wouldn't be THAT confident with the defense they've shown this year.  If they improve there, they could.  But Western Boone ran all over them today with a line of underclassmen and that isn't the first time in the tournament their defense was exposed.

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You may be disgusted. But it's not "honestly.

Lol your incessant need to defend officiating on this forum has already been noted, but the fact that you’re digging through this post looking for hours-old comments to defend against only proves the point. 

Just now, scarab527 said:

Lol your incessant need to defend officiating on this forum has already been noted, but the fact that you’re digging through this post looking for hours-old comments to defend against only proves the point. 

Yeah, I wouldn't have been too proud of that post if I'd made it, either. Makes you look kind of like a whiny baby. I bet if you asked the admins nice they'd take it down, so no one else who feels the need to dig through this thread looking for hours old comments will see it.

1 minute ago, XStar said:

They very well might run through 2A next year with no problem.  BUT, I wouldn't be THAT confident with the defense they've shown this year.  If they improve there, they could.  But Western Boone ran all over them today with a line of underclassmen and that isn't the first time in the tournament their defense was exposed.

2021 will be a good year for Luers fans............quote me on it. They won't run the table in the SAC, but 2a is theirs for the taking. 

Just now, Bobref said:

Yeah, I wouldn't have been too proud of that post if I'd made it, either. Makes you look kind of like a whiny baby. I bet if you asked the admins nice they'd take it down, so no one else who feels the need to dig through this thread looking for hours old comments will see it.

I stand by my comment 100%. It’s quite ironic that you call me a whiny baby when you’re whining about anyone questioning the officiating. If you we’re confident in the officiating, you wouldn’t constantly be such a sensitive little shill for them.   

Just now, scarab527 said:

I stand by my comment 100%. It’s quite ironic that you call me a whiny baby when you’re whining about anyone questioning the officiating. If you we’re confident in the officiating, you wouldn’t constantly be such a sensitive little shill for them.   

Just trying to educate people on some points of officiating that they don't, and couldn't be expected to know, from time to time. But you can only educate people who are willing to be educated.

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

Just trying to educate people on some points of officiating that they don't, and couldn't be expected to know, from time to time. But you can only educate people who are willing to be educated.

Educate me on how they assign refs for the finals.

Just now, jakone said:

Educate me on how they assign refs for the finals.

Wow, I could write a book on that. SHort version: Every crew that applies for the playoffs is assigned a score which is a combination of experience, test scores, meeting and clinic attendance, observer evaluations, and coaches' ratings. Crews are advanced through the playoffs according to those scores, adjusted for a "new blood" process which insures that there are a certain number of crews in the finals every year that have never worked the finals before. It's much more complicated that that, but those are the broad strokes. 

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Maybe if you didn’t have such a comically obvious bias people would actually take what you say seriously.