Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

$90 to attend all 6 games

So if I understand correctly for those fans like myself that spend the Thanksgiving weekend supporting Indiana High School football by attending all the games it will be $90 to do so this year? I know times are difficult and they wanna give the partipating teams fans a chance to go cheer on their team but darn this is unfortunate for fans like myself. 

Anyone eles do as I do and attend the game not matter if your favorite team is in the games or not? 

1 hour ago, Warren05 said:

So if I understand correctly for those fans like myself that spend the Thanksgiving weekend supporting Indiana High School football by attending all the games it will be $90 to do so this year? I know times are difficult and they wanna give the partipating teams fans a chance to go cheer on their team but darn this is unfortunate for fans like myself. 

Anyone eles do as I do and attend the game not matter if your favorite team is in the games or not? 

They are trying to keep people away from more than one game. I understand why they are doing this.. this season is obviously different from past seasons. 

1 hour ago, Warren05 said:

Where are you see this at? Are they already for sell? 

3 minutes ago, vicvinegar said:

Where are you see this at? Are they already for sell? 

From what I'm seeing from info released from a team that is playing the in 9ne of the title games. Seats will be assigned seating, each ticket is 15 bucks, after each game they will clear the stadium to clean and sanitize the stand and tickets will be sold at the schools of the 12 teams playing then all other tickets will be sold day of at the LOS box office. So to me that means you have to buy a ticket for every game individually and that adds up to 90 bucks all together. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

Once you factor in parking, food, etc you are over $200.

IHSAAtv it is for this guy.

I have a parking pass for a garage downtown so I am able to avoid paying to park. But the food and drink would still bring it to close to 130-140. I would not mind letting all the fans of the teams to have the sideline areas and I could sit in the endzone seats. But I can't justify that much money 

38 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

They are trying to keep people away from more than one game. I understand why they are doing this.. this season is obviously different from past seasons. 

Open up the 2nd level of the stadium for more seating to spread out the crowd as to keep everyone 6ft away. They do it for the basketball title games. 

31 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh definitely me too.  I will be watching on @IHSAAtv if I am not chosen to work the chain crew/sidelines for a game/s.  Maybe those assignments have gone out already to the deserving officials who have also volunteered to work the games.

• Disdain 1

11 minutes ago, Warren05 said:

Open up the 2nd level of the stadium for more seating to spread out the crowd as to keep everyone 6ft away. They do it for the basketball title games. 

Agree! Sell the upper deck for all day tickets (cheaper rate), then sell the lower deck as they are now. 

3 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

Agree! Sell the upper deck for all day tickets (cheaper rate), then sell the lower deck as they are now. 

What are you going to do, chain them to their seats between games while disinfecting is going on? 
Before you try to think of an answer just stop. This is the year of the pandemic. Play by the rules or don’t attend.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Play by the rules or don’t attend.

Someone's a little grumpy. I never said I didn't intend on playing by the rules. I was simply throwing out ideas. I don't understand why I can't buy an all day ticket in the upper deck for $20. I could leave between games just like everyone on the lower level. Since the seats on the upper deck would be sold for the day, they would not have to disinfect them between games, because nobody else would sit in those seats regardless if the all-day ticket people stay or not. Sorry if my response hurts your feelings. 

3 hours ago, Staxawax said:

What are you going to do, chain them to their seats between games while disinfecting is going on? 
Before you try to think of an answer just stop. This is the year of the pandemic. Play by the rules or don’t attend.

Did we strike a nerve? As vic said above everyone would still leave the stadium its just that the people in the 2nd level would get a discount for not being closer to the action. This would allow all the fans for the teams to have the better seats down low and a fan such as myself would have to watch from a further away seat. I dont see the harm in this idea. You can also still assign seats for those sitting in the upper bowl that way they can't try and sneak down and take seats that are reserved for the fans of the teams playing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, temptation said:

11 hours ago, Warren05 said:

I have a parking pass for a garage downtown so I am able to avoid paying to park. But the food and drink would still bring it to close to 130-140. I would not mind letting all the fans of the teams to have the sideline areas and I could sit in the endzone seats. But I can't justify that much money

$200 sounds like a lot, but really, the differential we are talking about is only $30-$60/$75 depending on one-day or two-day attendance.  Normally you would have spent the $15 to attend the first game of the first day and stayed.  Now you have to pay for the other two of the day because each requires a ticket for re-admission.  If you normally stay for one-day, then it would cost you an extra $30.  If you would normally go for two days, I believe that you had a have a ticket for that second day.  Again, you would have paid $15 for the first game and you'll now pay an additional $30 for the second day.  If the first day ticket would normally grant you free admission to the second day, then the added cost this year would be $45 for the second day.  You would have spent the other money on parking, food, etc. regardless of whether you did re-admission or not.  That added price goes down by the way if you don't stay for all the games.  For example, if you go on Day 1 and only stay for a second game, you'd only be paying an additional $15.  I understand that some folks don't have the extra $30-$60/$75 or don't want to pay it, but all of the other talk of food and the like is already baked into the equation normally. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vicvinegar said:

Someone's a little grumpy. I never said I didn't intend on playing by the rules. I was simply throwing out ideas. I don't understand why I can't buy an all day ticket in the upper deck for $20. I could leave between games just like everyone on the lower level. Since the seats on the upper deck would be sold for the day, they would not have to disinfect them between games, because nobody else would sit in those seats regardless if the all-day ticket people stay or not. Sorry if my response hurts your feelings. 

I suspect the answer to this is one word: liability. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

I suspect the answer to this is one word: liability. 

Yes because there have been so many instances of people catching a cold from attending football games at the professional, collegiate or high school level since August.  As in ZERO. 

6 minutes ago, PhilLee said:

Yes because there have been so many instances of people catching a cold from attending football games at the professional, collegiate or high school level since August.  As in ZERO. 

Doesn't actually matter whether they do or don't.  Most people (should) buy insurance with the expectation that they'll never need it, but what if they do?  Liability for large entities works the same way ... they don't really care that it hasn't happened, only what happens if it does.  Doesn't mean that you have to agree with it or do it yourself, but as Willy Wonka said, "You wouldn't begrudge me a little protection?  A drop."

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

$200 sounds like a lot, but really, the differential we are talking about is only $30-$60/$75 depending on one-day or two-day attendance.  Normally you would have spent the $15 to attend the first game of the first day and stayed.  Now you have to pay for the other two of the day because each requires a ticket for re-admission.  If you normally stay for one-day, then it would cost you an extra $30.  If you would normally go for two days, I believe that you had a have a ticket for that second day.  Again, you would have paid $15 for the first game and you'll now pay an additional $30 for the second day.  If the first day ticket would normally grant you free admission to the second day, then the added cost this year would be $45 for the second day.  You would have spent the other money on parking, food, etc. regardless of whether you did re-admission or not.  That added price goes down by the way if you don't stay for all the games.  For example, if you go on Day 1 and only stay for a second game, you'd only be paying an additional $15.  I understand that some folks don't have the extra $30-$60/$75 or don't want to pay it, but all of the other talk of food and the like is already baked into the equation normally. 

Still a no brainer for me.  Maybe I’m just getting old.  The college level game is the only one worth attending in person anymore.  The atmosphere, pageantry and setting just cannot be beaten.

When it comes to high school/professional sports, it just seems a bit stale to me.  I can stay warm, sit by the fireplace and drink my own beer, eat my own snacks and go about my day while watching on my flat screen.

Something about a professional stadium being at 10 percent capacity turns me off.

Plus, when you are at the game you are often the LAST to know about injuries, etc...

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Still a no brainer for me.  Maybe I’m just getting old.  The college level game is the only one worth attending in person anymore.  The atmosphere, pageantry and setting just cannot be beaten.

When it comes to high school/professional sports, it just seems a bit stale to me.  I can stay warm, sit by the fireplace and drink my own beer, eat my own snacks and go about my day while watching on my flat screen.

Something about a professional stadium being at 10 percent capacity turns me off.

Plus, when you are at the game you are often the LAST to know about injuries, etc...

I too like college sports definitely more than professional, but high school sports have really grown on me since moving to Indiana. I will confess that I used to be a "big school football bigot" coming from Texas and from a high school that would have 6A classification in Indiana ... somewhere in the enrollment neighborhood of Pike or Penn ... but I've really grown to enjoy high school ball; especially small school ball.  The crowd size doesn't bother me as long as I have a dog in the fight ... either I coached the kids, or I know the kids' families, or I know and have coached against the coaches, whether my own kids are performing at the game or, this year for the first time, whether one of my kids is actually playing in a high school game.  At the high school level I love the game for the purity of the game and, as I've gotten older and coached so many kids, I love it because of the impact that I know that it has on the individual kids ... to an extent beyond the actual game that's taking place.

5 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I too like college sports definitely more than professional, but high school sports have really grown on me since moving to Indiana. I will confess that I used to be a "big school football bigot" coming from Texas and from a high school that would have 6A classification in Indiana ... somewhere in the enrollment neighborhood of Pike or Penn ... but I've really grown to enjoy high school ball; especially small school ball.  The crowd size doesn't bother me as long as I have a dog in the fight ... either I coached the kids, or I know the kids' families, or I know and have coached against the coaches, whether my own kids are performing at the game or, this year for the first time, whether one of my kids is actually playing in a high school game.  At the high school level I love the game for the purity of the game and, as I've gotten older and coached so many kids, I love it because of the impact that I know that it has on the individual kids ... to an extent beyond the actual game that's taking place.

Oh, I do love the high school sports scene (hence the reason I come to this site) but there is just something about the cavernous nature of high school football in a professional sports stadium that is anti climactic to me.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Oh, I do love the high school sports scene (hence the reason I come to this site) but there is just something about the cavernous nature of high school football in a professional sports stadium that is anti climactic to me.

For me, it's great for the young men that get to play in those stadiums.  Cathedral, for example, has played in the Pro Football HOF in Canton, the Horseshoe at the Ohio State and Nippert Stadium in Cincinnati, and they've been lucky enough to have played a number of times in the RCA Dome and LOS.  It's kind of spooky for the spectators, but the players treasure that opportunity!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Just the opposite for me.  I love the implied/real big game culmination of the kids getting to play in LOS and perhaps even fueling their desire to make that transition from the high school field to the college field to the professional field and getting a "taste" of that even if just for a day and even if it may be the only time they ever get to do it.  Just like our youth kids getting a chance to play their games on the high school field and one game a season getting to be "under the lights."  That "under the lights" game is such a special event for the kids.  As a youth coach that coached in a program where all the various team levels practiced in close proximity, we always talked to the kids about our hope for them was to move from the youth practice field, to the junior high practice field, to the varsity practice field, and eventually to the varsity game field. The other thing that I love about LOS, is the look in the eyes of the young kids in the stands.  The look in my boys eyes when we'd get to LOS and that look when they first go through the tunnel and it opens up to the seats and the field, and just the looks in their eyes during the whole experience is all worth it for me.  The game almost becomes icing on the cake.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

For me, it's great for the young men that get to play in those stadiums.  Cathedral, for example, has played in the Pro Football HOF in Canton, the Horseshoe at the Ohio State and Nippert Stadium in Cincinnati, and they've been lucky enough to have played a number of times in the RCA Dome and LOS.  It's kind of spooky for the spectators, but the players treasure that opportunity!

No doubt.  Can see that side completely.

19 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Just the opposite for me.  I love the implied/real big game culmination of the kids getting to play in LOS and perhaps even fueling their desire to make that transition from the high school field to the college field to the professional field and getting a "taste" of that even if just for a day and even if it may be the only time they ever get to do it.  Just like our youth kids getting a chance to play their games on the high school field and one game a season getting to be "under the lights."  That "under the lights" game is such a special event for the kids.  As a youth coach that coached in a program where all the various team levels practiced in close proximity, we always talked to the kids about our hope for them was to move from the youth practice field, to the junior high practice field, to the varsity practice field, and eventually to the varsity game field. The other thing that I love about LOS, is the look in the eyes of the young kids in the stands.  The look in my boys eyes when we'd get to LOS and that look when they first go through the tunnel and it opens up to the seats and the field, and just the looks in their eyes during the whole experience is all worth it for me.  The game almost becomes icing on the cake.

Gimme a packed Cracker Jack box venue (not possible in the Covid era) with a standing room only crowd, any day of the week.

Wont ever happen, but Butler or Arsenal Tech in November?  Sign me up.