Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

STATE FINALS ATTENDANCE

3 minutes ago, Indian72 said:

Does anyone know the maximum # of fans who can attend a game?

In reading the IHSAA web site it sounds like tickets only available at the schools and if any are left they will be on sale Saturday.

Can anyone contemplating going shed some light?

Don't know directly about IHSAA guidelines, but LOS issued a statement that, for today's game with the Packers, they were allowing a max of 12,500.

https://www.colts.com/news/green-bay-packers-tickets-week-11-2020-lucas-oil-stadium-covid-19

I heard that our community will be able to purchase tickets. The last 2 years Western Boone has sold 3,000 tickets each year just through the school, no clue about box office sales. The tickets are for 1 game only and are reserved(not sure what that means or how that will work).

8 minutes ago, Jbk2 said:

I heard that our community will be able to purchase tickets. The last 2 years Western Boone has sold 3,000 tickets each year just through the school, no clue about box office sales. The tickets are for 1 game only and are reserved(not sure what that means or how that will work).

my guess is theya re assigned seats for distancing and you will be seated there -  just a guess

3 hours ago, foxbat said:

Don't know directly about IHSAA guidelines, but LOS issued a statement that, for today's game with the Packers, they were allowing a max of 12,500.

https://www.colts.com/news/green-bay-packers-tickets-week-11-2020-lucas-oil-stadium-covid-19

I am not sure why it would be any different (i.e. allowing 12,500 fans per game) given the amount of time between games to clear out crowds.  Plus the prime-time games 5A and 6A which usually draw the largest crowds are the last game of each respective night, so it is no huge rush clearing out the crowd after the game.  And if someone wanted to get down to the science of it, since all seating is 'reserved' you can easily work the seat assignments thru ticketing to not allow the same seat to be sat in more than once!!!

5 minutes ago, Dave007 said:

I am not sure why it would be any different (i.e. allowing 12,500 fans per game) given the amount of time between games to clear out crowds.  Plus the prime-time games 5A and 6A which usually draw the largest crowds are the last game of each respective night, so it is no huge rush clearing out the crowd after the game.  And if someone wanted to get down to the science of it, since all seating is 'reserved' you can easily work the seat assignments thru ticketing to not allow the same seat to be sat in more than once!!!

A couple of differences that I can see, from an LOS perspective, and I'm spitballing here because I don't know their cost of operations, is what kind of resources they need to clean each level and the offset ticket pricing. I would agree that, in normal circumstances, they've already figured out the breakeven point or, potentially, the loss-point for the event.  Under normal circumstances, I'd agree that 12,500 for a Colts game should translate to a similar 12,500 for IHSAA games(s).  With that said, let's assume that they need three crews to clean three levels.  I might be able to spread 12,500 comfortably across three levels, but I might also be able to handle 6,000 comfortably on one level.  By making the restriction to 6,000 I get to drop two cleaning crews and their corresponding costs/logistics ... it also makes it easier to do crowd control for clearing LOS between games.  The other difference is probably based in the pricing of the tickets ... although the "everyone out, pay again to come back in" might help that out a bit but not much.  I have to imagine that top ticket price of $15, or $30 for two tickets vs. the Colts, see below for ticket prices for today's Colts game with a caveat that these are resales, leaves A LOT of room that has to be made up and my guess is that, with a 12,500 capacity for attendance, it makes it really hard to make it up on concessions.  As such, cutting out the upper two levels or one level helps drop what the Colts eat on the event.  That would be the main reasons why I could see the numbers dropping down below what the Colts allow on professional game day.  Like I said, I'm not in the heads of the Colts, so I don't know how much they are willing to eat on an event like this, so I'm mainly speculating here.

image.png.b11a75fe8aaae9fa374238aac5eec76c.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jon said:

3500 tickets to each school if Marion county stays orange. If it goes red on Tuesday only parents of players get tickets.

I thought that the weekly announcement on which counties were what color was made on Wednesday afternoon? Westfield sold to parents only starting today (Tuesday) from 5-7 pm, then 7-9 pm to anyone in the community. Then tomorrow, Wednesday, sales for the community from 8-10 am. If the below, which is copied from the state Covid website, is true, then you'd have a lot of people who had already purchased tickets and could not be allowed inside, depending on the downsized number of tickets allowed per school. Would refunds have to be given, and how do they decide which ticket holders are not allowed to attend?

Hopefully Marion Co stays orange, and the above is a mute point.

"The weekly county status scores and maps are updated once a week on Wednesdays at 12 p.m. The weekly update reflects data from the previous Monday through Sunday."

Edited by WestfieldRocks

19 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I thought that the weekly announcement on which counties were what color was made on Wednesday afternoon? Westfield sold to parents only starting today (Tuesday) from 5-7 pm, then 7-9 pm to anyone in the community. Then tomorrow, Wednesday, sales for the community from 8-10 am. If the below, which is copied from the state Covid website, is true, then you'd have a lot of people who had already purchased tickets and could not be allowed inside, depending on the downsized number of tickets allowed per school. Would refunds have to be given, and how do they decide which ticket holders are not allowed to attend?

Hopefully Marion Co stays orange, and the above is a mute point.

"The weekly county status scores and maps are updated once a week on Wednesdays at 12 p.m. The weekly update reflects data from the previous Monday through Sunday."

Cathedral does not offer tickets for sale for general public until Friday, maybe for that reason.  However parents of football/cheer students are allowed to buy up to 6 tickets, and every parent I know is buying 6 tickets.  If all hell breaks lose and Marion goes red I would assume all ticket sales would stop tomorrow and who has them by then are lucky ones.  Agree, hope doesn't get to that point.

It sounds like the threshold for determining this was today’s numbers. Looking forward on Marion county’s data, they should stay in the orange the next few days at least. The only thing holding them in orange is the rolling average positivity rate is under 15%. The next few days to add into the rolling average are 11-10% or lower, thus keeping the average down. I think we should be fine.