Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Covenent Christian - Why Privates Never Belong in 1A Football

Guest DT

18 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

This is such bs. 

Man up and play the team in front of you. If you’re not competitive, get better. If a coach isn’t getting the job done, hold him accountable. 

Winning a state championship isn’t in the cards for some teams and it isn’t supposed to be, that’s what makes it special. Regardless if you are a public or private school you still have to put in the 17 weeks of work to get there and not have a bad week or half that gets you booted. 

AMEN!

18 hours ago, Grandpa B said:

That sadly is not our society anymore.    We have an incoming President who wants to pay off college student loans with his very first executive order.    People that worked two jobs, and paid back their loans - too bad.    You get a 2.0 multiplier!  

That's bad why?

12 hours ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

He was a Riley baseball players when I coached there...he was a tremendous hitter

Yes he was! Do you know what he does now?

1 minute ago, FastpacedO said:

Looks like they have played at Brebeuf High School (tournament) and Zionsville West Middle school (Regular Season) for home games

Thanks! I hope they get a field someday!

3 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Yes he was! Do you know what he does now?

Thanks! I hope they get a field someday!

I've been buying lottery tickets like mad in order to raise the funds needed for a football facility.  *Hogan field at Hogan stadium at the Hogan Sports Complex coming fall 2021*

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Looks like they have played at Brebeuf High School (tournament) and Zionsville West Middle school (Regular Season) for home games

Looks like they are saving their money for the postage on the recruiting flyers. 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

5 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

I've been buying lottery tickets like mad in order to raise the funds needed for a football facility.  *Hogan field at Hogan stadium at the Hogan Sports Complex coming fall 2021*

Just make sure to use lineman number's for your winning numbers. Skilled players get all the stats, lineman have winning lottery numbers! 😁

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

AMEN!

Geno Aurriema would be most proud.  I don’t believe CC is the Bama of the IHSAA.  Maybe we should salute their hard work instead of making rules for them.  What’s next, just dress nine or play with your legs tied together?

55 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Best of luck!  Also, hold a bake sale, people love bake sales.

50 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Geno Aurriema would be most proud.  I don’t believe CC is the Bama of the IHSAA.  Maybe we should salute their hard work instead of making rules for them.  What’s next, just dress nine or play with your legs tied together?

Gipp

Do you feel CC and SN are on an equal playing field, all things considered?

33 minutes ago, DT said:

CC can run off 10 straight for all I care

Just not in 1A

They would have a grand total of 1 State Championship in football if they win this weekend. Judging from how many 3-4 year starters in their Sr. class they have this year and their roster only being 37 players. I highly doubt you will see even 3 straight in 1A. I am sure their coaches will shoot for it but the odds aren't in their favor. Their current players have taken their lumps, learned their lessons, and got better. 6-5 last year making a run at State this year.

I know you talk about fair, in most non-COVID years you can find a pretty big FAIR at 38th and Fall Creek.

1 minute ago, Starfire said:

Did he mean SA?

No  I meant South Newton, his high school.  They are 1-48 over past 5 seasons.  But Gipp feels CC has no competitive advantage over his beloved Rebels   To each his own

1 minute ago, DT said:

No  I meant South Newton, his high school.  They are 1-48 over past 5 seasons.  But Gipp feels CC has no competitive advantage over his beloved Rebels   To each his own

Ahh I see.  I think it’s still an advantage but not nearly like it was in the past.  Kids can choose any public school they want to go to.  Whether there’s “recruiting” involved I dunno

1 hour ago, TheStatGuy said:

That's bad why?

Did not come from an upbringing of having people pay my debt.  Does not seem "fair" to me that people that worked two jobs in college and had debt coming out, paid off their debt, but people who had no job in college and not paid their debt get it paid off.   Seems wrong on so many levels.  Like a 2.0 multiplier.  Punish those that work hard.   Yea, that is a great plan for society today.  

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Starfire said:

Ahh I see.  I think it’s still an advantage but not nearly like it was in the past.  Kids can choose any public school they want to go to.  Whether there’s “recruiting” involved I dunno

It’s all good.  I understand the need for a level playing field.  But, I also realize sometimes life ain’t fair.   Ultimately, everything is cyclical and the ship will be righted as I can recall the days when Pioneer and even Caston were easy outs in league play while Frontier and to a lesser extent, North White were top dogs.

6 minutes ago, Gipper said:

It’s all good.  I understand the need for a level playing field.  But, I also realize sometimes life ain’t fair.   Ultimately, everything is cyclical and the ship will be righted as I can recall the days when Pioneer and even Caston were easy outs in league play while Frontier and to a lesser extent, North White were top dogs.

It is hard to think of a time where Pioneer wasn't good at football. I believe that this is year 25 of having a winning record.