Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Covenent Christian - Why Privates Never Belong in 1A Football

Guest DT

12 hours ago, Grandpa B said:

It would be a loss to see Attucks drop football.  Those 14 players played the game with great passion and many of them were very good football players.   and they should not have to leave Attucks to go play for another school.  Has to be another solution out there. Is 14 players too few?  Most likely.   Not sure you need 22 to play in Class A or AA.   I wonder how many schools in Class A or AA have 8 or 9 kids playing both ways.   If you have 8 playing both ways you can field a team with 14 kids in theory.  Again, 14 is most likely not enough especailly against a 3A or 4A school.    Hope they find a solution that does not involve dropping football. 

SN dressed between 35 and 50 when I was there... and that was with certain JV players, hence my comment from this morning.

Going to my wheelhouse:  Whitney Young Dolphins, Shakamak Lakers, Latin Romans...

14 hours ago, Gipper said:

Oops.  Sorry.  I just think it’s a safety issue: good luck!!!

There’s definitely a point where it becomes a player safety issue.  It’s just hard to nail down exactly where that is.  Definitely depends on the level of opponent you’re facing as well. 

19 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

There’s definitely a point where it becomes a player safety issue.  It’s just hard to nail down exactly where that is.  Definitely depends on the level of opponent you’re facing as well. 

Got it.  You’re in the state finals, so I think you’re doing OK—best of luck!!!

• Thanks 1