Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A State Championship- Center Grove (13-0) vs Westfield (12-1)

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

as someone who thought Merrillville was really good, this is shocking to me. 

So what you're telling me is: Cathedral is even better than this.

Who knows? CG won the matchup so they get bragging rights. They have certainly been laser focused tonight with just the interception being their loan mistake. Westfield at the end of these playoffs is probably #4 in 6A.... behind BD and Carmel.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

True or false (I cant argue: Didnt see the game) Cathedral outplayed Center Grove, right?

I didn’t see it but only read about it.  I think the most accurate thing to say is that they both are simply on another level than the rest of the state this year.

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what  I heard. I never saw the Cathedral-Center Grove game but from what I read, cathedral led in the final minute and CG snatched it away...

That doers not speak well for Zionsville's chances/

Cathedral “should” have won that game but not quite ready to say Cathedral was the better team. Cathedral played absolutely lights out on defense and their only TD of the game came on a pick 6 to take a 13-10 lead. 

That being said, CG’s defensive line absolutely dictated that game. Cathedral couldn’t get anything going on offense all night. Fairly confident that if they played 10 times all 10 games are closely contested but not ready to say the outcome is a 50/50 split. What I do know is that both CG and Cathedral are head and shoulders better than anyone else in Indiana.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

True or false (I cant argue: Didnt see the game) Cathedral outplayed Center Grove, right?

I mean, that’s hard to say.  Cathedral’s only TD was a pick six and they had a chance to win the game by converting a 4th and 1 and made a controversial play call.

Could have punted and made CG go 80-90 but went for it (I think it was the right call)...

Jet sweep was stuffed and CG scored with under 20 seconds left.

Just now, Lysander said:

I didn’t see it but only read about it.  I think the most accurate thing to say is that they both are simply on another level than the rest of the state this year.

6A was way down this year. Most of the traditional powers had below average seasons.

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

6A was way down this year. Most of the traditional powers had below average seasons.

Hard to say.  How often are 2 Indiana teams ranked in the Top 20 Nationally?  6A might just be fine...but 2 other Indiana teams (CG and Cathedral) extraordinary.

Edited by Lysander

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

Let’s just say the 6A title goes through Johnson County for the foreseeable future. 

Cathedral/CG should be a whale of a game next year as well. Cathedral returns a ton on defense and 4/5 of their offensive line. Replacing McCahill won’t be easy but rumor is their back up (freshman this year) was offered by Ball State as an 8th grader. Cannot confirm and have my doubts but just what I’ve heard from a co-worker whose son played at the same CYO program.

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Please don’t try to diminish CG.  Your statement could be true but is a bit insulting.

The Trojans won their games by an average of 35 points per game this season.  If 6A “weren’t down” maybe they only win by an average of 25?  Come on...

Just now, Lysander said:

Hard to say.  How often are 2 Indiana teams ranked in the Top 10 Nationally?  6A might just be fine...but 2 other Indiana teams (CG and Cathedral) extraordinary.

Nothing fine about 6a this year. Carmel, Ben Davis, and Warren Central were all down. Penn and Snider both had their worst years in recent memory.

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Cathedral/CG should be a whale of a game next year as well. Cathedral returns a ton on defense and 4/5 of their offensive line. Replacing McCahill won’t be easy but rumor is their back up (freshman this year) was offered by Ball State as an 8th grader. Cannot confirm and have my doubts but just what I’ve heard from a co-worker whose son played at the same CYO program.

No way, FBK.

I didnt know you could offer an 8th grader anything but JuJu Bees 

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

Please don’t try to diminish CG.  Your statement could be true but is a bit insulting.

The Trojans won their games by an average of 35 points per game this season.  If 6A “weren’t down” maybe they only win by an average of 25?  Come on...

Ive only watched CG on tape but they're playing with a ......uhh.. violence tonight that is different..

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Really? This CG team beats a typical Carmel, WC, or BD by 25? Not sure I'm buying what you're selling. 

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No way, FBK.

I didnt know you could offer an 8th grader anything but JuJu Bees 

Just what I heard and like I said, have my doubts. But if you’re playing varsity at Cathedral as a freshman, especially QB, you know the potential is there.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Really? This CG team beats a typical Carmel, WC, or BD by 25? Not sure I'm buying what you're selling. 

Maybe not by 25, but this CG teams ranks up there as one of the best teams in Indiana history. 

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Just what I heard and like I said, have my doubts. But if you’re playing varsity at Cathedral as a freshman, especially QB, you know the potential is there.

I'm just kidding.    Its not illegal..

Miranda Elish.....a softball player from Crown Point, was offered before she got to high school...

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Maybe not by 25, but this CG teams ranks up there as one of the best teams in Indiana history. 

I'll give them that.

5 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Center Grove vs Manchester college. Who wins?

Lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

This CG team is definitely on the level of some of those 90’s BD teams, 03-06 Warren teams, and the 2017 BD team. Not sure the offense is quite as explosive but defensively they’ve been absolutely dominant.

Agree. Offensively? No way. But they say defense wins championships.