Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6A State Championship- Center Grove (13-0) vs Westfield (12-1)

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree. Offensively? No way. But they say defense wins championships. 

I've always thought that in high school, offensive lines win championships..

If you have the ball, it doesnt matter what their offense can do..

CG just seems too big and strong for the other side

15 minutes ago, TheStatGuy said:

Center Grove vs Manchester college. Who wins?

Center Grove vs. the New York Jets, who wins..??

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Glad to see the Rocks get in there....makes the score a little better...

It was hard to watch Hobart this afternoon....worst loss of their careers...final game

I agree.  Glad NWI was repped, though.   Sure the Brickies got pasted, just have to keep trying.  Teams from up here have won state, so the 317 stranglehold is a conspiracy at best.

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The Jets. Lol. 

1 minute ago, Gipper said:

I agree.  Glad NWI was repped, though.   Sure the Brickies got pasted, just have to keep trying.  Teams from up here have won state, so the 317 stranglehold is a conspiracy at best.

I'm glad you said that.

To make the final game, to me, is 1000% better than losing at the semistate. You and your school and your town got the state finals experience...

When you get over what happened in the game, you can rationalize that you lost to the champs.....and you gave it all you had../.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Center Grove vs. Penn State

Anyone?  Anyone?

Center Grove vs. the Catholic Consortium of Andrean, Brebeuf, Cathedral, Chartard, Luers, Marian, Mater Dei, Memorial, and Roncalli

Now it’s interesting.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm glad you said that.

To make the final game, to me, is 1000% better than losing at the semistate. You and your school and your town got the state finals experience...

When you get over what happened in the game, you can rationalize that you lost to the champs.....and you gave it all you had../.. 

exactly.  When Lowell lost to East Central a few years ago, I wasn’t all that bummed.  I knew ahead of time EC was real good and the game would be something else.

Change my mind. Doesn’t everyone think the BD vs CG game was the state finals? I mean. Again we are talking about the the MIC. Even that injury prone limping Carmel team about pulled it out against BD. But those 3 and maybe WC ? Could beat this Westfield team? 

1 minute ago, CoachGo42 said:

Change my mind. Doesn’t everyone think the BD vs CG game was the state finals? I mean. Again we are talking about the the MIC. Even that injury prone limping Carmel team about pulled it out against BD. But those 3 and maybe WC ? Could beat this Westfield team? 

Disagree. Westfield isn’t a bad team. They just aren’t the same level as Center Grove. Westfield is the best team in the state not named Center Grove or Cathedral and deserves to be here. Fighting till the end.

Just now, Gipper said:

exactly.  When Lowell lost to East Central a few years ago, I wasn’t all that bummed.  I knew ahead of time EC was real good and the game would be something else.

That's funny. I was very confident Lowell would beat EC......but I would bet you remember this.

What happened to Hobart today was what I thought would happen to Lowell in 2005.

Roncalli had won state in 2002, 2003 and 2004 and they led Lowell 27-14 at the top of the fourth quarter...in the 2005 title game

All week long I was hoping against hope.......Lowell didnt seem to match up....

But Lowell won 28-27...15 years ago this week....I dont think I've ever seen a bigger upset

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Disagree. Westfield isn’t a bad team. They just aren’t the same level as Center Grove. Westfield is the best team in the state not named Center Grove or Cathedral and deserves to be here. Fighting till the end.

CG seems so much faster than in the games I saw before...Some of these mis-directions and reverses Westfield is running should work...

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's funny. I was very confident Lowell would beat EC......but I would bet you remember this.

What happened to Hobart today was what I thought would happen to Lowell in 2005.

Roncalli had won state in 2002, 2003 and 2004 and they led Lowell 27-14 at the top of the fourth quarter...in the 2005 title game

All week long I was hoping against hope.......Lowell didnt seem to match up....

But Lowell won 28-27...15 years ago this week....I dont think I've ever seen a bigger upset

CG seems so much faster than in the games I saw before...Some of these mis-directions and reverses Westfield is running should work...

Part of why they play the game...

38 minutes ago, CoachGo42 said:

Nope.  BD had two shots...both at home.

Lost by an average of 29.