Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

3A State Championship: Chatard vs. Danville

17 minutes ago, George Orwell 2 said:

Chatard is on life support, talent is way down this year, and have struggled, especially on offense, the past few weeks.  This is probably the first time in a long time that Chatard is a big underdog going into Thanksgiving weekend.

Let’s slow down. I would agree that the Trojan Offense had been struggling the last few weeks, but on life support? Here I disagree. This is a talented Chatard team, and while not the monster of all classes it was last year it is still a great team. Disagree again with the underdog statement. I would say based on the schedule that chatard has played this year and the strength of their defense especially, this team is in no way an underdog this week. That said, this will be a phenomenal game. Danville is on quite a roll, while the Trojans have been contested the last few weeks, but I have a feeling the best team will show out on Saturday. Toughness, tradition, and heart win banners. 

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think Chatard wins this game, but it will be a physical one for sure.  3A can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Chatard will be gone for at least a couple years, maybe more!  Next will be re-alignment for the 3A tournament and Danville we go back north.  The south will be Tri-West and a PAC school in the semi state next year and so on and so on. (notice I didn't say which PAC school)

I also think that there will be 5 P/P schools that win the state title this year.  What a shame.......Surely I jest!!

Come on tell us, tell us .....please!

I think Chatard wins this game, but it will be a physical one for sure.  3A can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Chatard will be gone for at least a couple years, maybe more!  Next will be re-alignment for the 3A tournament and Danville we go back north.  The south will be Tri-West and a PAC school in the semi state next year and so on and so on. (notice I didn't say which PAC school)

I also think that there will be 5 P/P schools that win the state title this year.  What a shame.......Surely I jest!!

I wouldn't guarantee that Danville goes North.  Webo will be 3A next year as well.  They may go North (basically I could see them replacing Chatard in that Sectional).  Danville may be borderline 4A enrollment (and if they win, they go 4A).  It will be very interesting to see the sectional alignments when they come out.

40 minutes ago, 1st_and_10 said:

I wouldn't guarantee that Danville goes North.  Webo will be 3A next year as well.  They may go North (basically I could see them replacing Chatard in that Sectional).  Danville may be borderline 4A enrollment (and if they win, they go 4A).  It will be very interesting to see the sectional alignments when they come out.

As long as SOMEONE fixes Sectional 30 !! I was going to start a thread about 3A sectional re-alignments - but thought it best to wait until the season ended. (Danville moving up is a possibility) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, jets said:

As long as SOMEONE fixes Sectional 30 !! I was going to start a thread about 3A sectional re-alignments - but thought it best to wait until the season ended. (Danville moving up is a possibility) 

Yeah I definitely think that they need to switch Princeton and HH in that deal.  That's my vote....Princeton to 32 and HH to 30.  Let's make it happen!!!

• Haha 1

Yeah I definitely think that they need to switch Princeton and HH in that deal.  That's my vote....Princeton to 32 and HH to 30.  Let's make it happen!!!

48 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

This is the best idea I have heard in a long time!

Don't get off-track there fellas...this week/thread should be about the 2 teams remaining. We'll have plenty of time to discuss the JOKE of a sectional the IHSAA put together and how to fix it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

You're talking about 28, right?

Yea that one is just as ridiculous but in the opposite direction!!!

30 minutes ago, jets said:

Don't get off-track there fellas...this week/thread should be about the 2 teams remaining. We'll have plenty of time to discuss the JOKE of a sectional the IHSAA put together and how to fix it. 

Ahh yes!!  Chatard wins in a dogfight!!

22 hours ago, George Orwell 2 said:

Hopefully, this is a competitive game.  Danville is on a roll, has a ton of talent, and should be really confident.  Chatard is on life support, talent is way down this year, and have struggled, especially on offense, the past few weeks.  This is probably the first time in a long time that Chatard is a big underdog going into Thanksgiving weekend.  But, they will play hard and with some luck can make a game of it.  Whichever team wins will be deserving.  Good luck to both.  Hoping for a safe competitive game with no injuries. 

Chatard offense struggled last 2 weeks because they played a couple of excellent teams.  Saw Concordia D up close.  They were scarey athletic across the board and very strong up front.  May be that top 3 in 3a we’re in the north.  We’ll find out.

Chatard is just lucky that Casey Woods moved on.  It would for sure be 3 in a row if he was still the coach.  Comer is on quite a run of his own.  2 straight with WeBo and now back again with a different team.  Danville roster is stocked with kids from Avon and Plainfield.  They aren’t a bit rattled by Chatard and they really don’t care about the past.   Danville 30 Chatard 21.  Then they both move on to 4A!

• Disdain 1

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2.3.

It wouldn't be a good week unless Stink speaks his peace!

Don't know much about the Woody Warriors, oh wait, that was a few Tiger BL's ago!!!

But Stink does know this! Stink will not pick the Catholic Trojans to win, no sir, not in this show!

Stink was able to watch the Butter Raiders vs The Small Tepee Warriors last week.......... and man those Butter Raiders were on the struggle bus for sure. Wish they would have played that way a week ago.....we may have had a rematch with the Warriors & Stink Town in the Pit.

Anywho, those small tepee Warriors did look legit, and they may just have the ingredients to pull off the upset. You can say what you want, and it would be an upset indeed, but Stink will be cheering for the public schools while drinking Tiger BL's and getting crunk with his homies.

Public School Champs FOREVER - Catholic School Champs (I WISH NEVER)!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, superjay said:

Chatard is just lucky that Casey Woods moved on.  It would for sure be 3 in a row if he was still the coach.  Comer is on quite a run of his own.  2 straight with WeBo and now back again with a different team.  Danville roster is stocked with kids from Avon and Plainfield.  They aren’t a bit rattled by Chatard and they really don’t care about the past.   Danville 30 Chatard 21.  Then they both move on to 4A!

The thing about Chatard — and this has been true for many years — is that their attitude and philosophy are tailor-made for the big stage. They are the New England Patriots of Indiana High School Football. They will rarely beat you by out-athleting you. But they almost always beat you by maintaining their composure under pressure, not making mistakes, and being sound in all 3 phases. I understand that there have been a few times this year when the Trojans have been uncharacteristically generous with the penalty yardage. You can’t give away real estate against a team like Danville. But if they just play Trojan-ball, Chatard 28-14.

Edited by Bobref
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Bobref said:

The thing about Chatard — and this has been true for many years — is that their attitude and philosophy are tailor-made for the big stage. They are the New England Patriots of Indiana High School Football. They will rarely beat you by out-athleting you. But they almost always beat you by maintaining their composure under pressure, not making mistakes, and being sound in all 3 phases. I understand that there have been a few times this year when the Trojans have been uncharacteristically generous with the penalty yardage. You can’t give away real estate against a team like Danville. But if they just play Trojan-ball, Chatard 28-14.

Does this mean they also play with under inflated footballs, tape practice sessions of their opponents, bend the rules slightly although often unnoticed and have a principal (team owner) who likes massages at questionable establishments too??????  If so Trojans 49  Danville 7 😅

• Haha 2
  • Sit and spin 1

Does this mean they also play with under inflated footballs, tape practice sessions of their opponents, bend the rules slightly although often unnoticed and have a principal (team owner) who likes massages at questionable establishments too??????  If so Trojans 49  Danville 7 😅

Wouldn't be the first time we were accused of cheatin' 🙄🙂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, superjay said:

Wow the projection and insecurity is strong in this one, back to the kids table for you on Thursday. 

2 hours ago, tango said:

I thought not having defined districts was one of the advantages only the the p/p schools had...

Yeah, noticed it earlier but bit my tongue, it’s not the inherent hypocrisy that bothers me quite so much as the complete lack of self-awareness it takes to actually boast about it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, tango said:

I thought not having defined districts was one of the advantages only the the p/p schools had...

I think there is an argument for proximity to students, but it's more of a problem for 1A and 2A programs in extremely rural areas.  Luers, Mater Dei, and Lutheran all benefit from being able to get way more students than say Prairie Heights or North White because of their location in highly populated metro areas.

HOWEVER, this is about Danville and Chatard.  Of course the Tri-West guy is trying to deter the conversation because he doesn't want to see either of these teams in his sectional or regional next year because Danville or Chatard have eliminated the Bruins from the playoffs the last 5 years...

Edited by Knightmare
typo

38 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

I think there is an argument for proximity to students, but it's more of a problem for 1A and 2A programs in extremely rural areas.  Luers, Mater Dei, and Lutheran all benefit from being able to get way more students than say Prairie Heights or North White because of their location in highly populated metro areas.

HOWEVER, this is about Danville and Chatard.  Of course the Tri-West guy is trying to deter the conversation because he doesn't want to see either of these teams in his sectional or regional next year because Danville or Chatard have eliminated the Bruins from the playoffs the last 5 years...

🔥

• Like 1