• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A-5A pp sweep

3 minutes ago, Starfire said:

SA has Amish speed.  If you know, you know lol

If you get behind them, you are stuck there until the next side road? 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

18 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

1A - CC has better athletes and more speed which will be a shock to SA...  SA passed on opportunities to play decent competition this year in favor of going “undefeated”... soft schedule comes back to haunt them...cc by 14

2a - Webo won’t be able to run the ball and then will try to pass... which they cant.   Luers by 28

3a - chatard just seems to play up to the level of their competition.  Danville has good size up front but hasn’t seen athletes like they will this weekend .  Chatard by 10

4a - Roncalli is dominate up front. Mooresville was the 2nd best team in Indiana.  Roncalli by 21

5A - cathedral by 28

1A - SA by 14 points

2A - Luers by 9 points

3A - 5A Agree with all

Edited by Bonecrusher

https://www.indystar.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indystar.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fhigh-school%2F2020%2F11%2F22%2Fihsaa-football-playoffs-private-schools-dominate-2020-state-finals-indiana%2F6381840002%2F

Are there any Indystar subscribers out there who would be so kind as to copy-paste this article to the forum for cheapskates like me??? Please & thank you!

1 hour ago, slice60 said:

https://www.indystar.com/restricted/?return=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.indystar.com%2Fstory%2Fsports%2Fhigh-school%2F2020%2F11%2F22%2Fihsaa-football-playoffs-private-schools-dominate-2020-state-finals-indiana%2F6381840002%2F

Are there any Indystar subscribers out there who would be so kind as to copy-paste this article to the forum for cheapskates like me??? Please & thank you!

I second that request

4 hours ago, slice60 said:

I’m not going to do it because it’s against the rules. But Muda might he’s had no problem doing it before.  There really is nothing there that hasn’t been discussed already on this forum.

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Is that what he has been doing?  Dropped the Star several years ago.

Back in august he couldn’t shut up.  

“Doyel: Purdue's Rondale Moore does what college football lacks the guts to do: Opt out of 2020”

That single headline speaks to how consistently wrong he has been.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CatholicFootball10 said:

This thread didn't age well. 

Don't worry ... I'm SURE there will be a reason why a three-time repeating state champion is considered a damsel in distress against the big old bad PP dragon.

Reminds me of the restaurant owner who eventually has to close his restaurant and just can't figure out why he's not getting any traffic he thinks he should be getting.  A consultant he hires to do postmortem gets hold of the reviews and says, "What'd you do to address these complaints?  Sixty-five percent of the reviews are less than four-star."  The owner replies, "Yeah, I take those out because then my average jumps up to over four stars. People love the restaurant."  As Bill Engvall would say,

Blue collar' comedian Bill Engvall dishes on turning 60, finding purpose in  laughter | Enjoy Billings | billingsgazette.com

On 11/23/2020 at 9:57 PM, Staxawax said:

I’m not going to do it because it’s against the rules. But Muda might he’s had no problem doing it before.  There really is nothing there that hasn’t been discussed already on this forum.

I won't post since it's against the rules. This article was in The Star several days ago. Kyle's Twitter account also had the link to the article, and drew a LOT of comments, mostly saying that the P/P schools have an unfair advantage. 

36 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but why hadn't WeBo moved up after winning state the prior two years?

The 2 year cycle for the purpose of acquiring points ends this year.  Only last year counted as regards this cycle.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

The 2 year cycle for the purpose of acquiring points ends this year.  Only last year counted as regards this cycle.

22 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

So then why had Pioneer moved up from 1A?

7 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Because they went to state and lost to Linton the year before.  That and the first state title bumped them up, not the second title.  

The two-year cycles currently run as odd-start, even-end ... and you need 6 in the cycle to move up.  For Pioneer, in the 2015-2016 cycle, while they made it to LOS in 2016 they only had 4 points ... they got 3 points in the loss to Linton and they lost in regionals to LCC in 2015 and only got 1 point.   For the 2017-2018 cycle, they racked up 8 points with back-to-back wins at LOS.  In the 2019-2020 cycle, they played in 2A due to SF move up.  They lost in the first game of sectionals last season and garnered 0 points, but won a regional this season before being beat by Luers in semi-state.  The 2 points they picked up for a regional were enough, despite zero last season, to remain in 2A since you need 6 points to move up and just 2 points to stay once you move up.

4 minutes ago, foxbat said:

The two-year cycles currently run as odd-start, even-end ... and you need 6 in the cycle to move up.  For Pioneer, in the 2015-2016 cycle, while they made it to LOS in 2016 they only had 4 points ... they got 3 points in the loss to Linton and they lost in regionals to LCC in 2015 and only got 1 point.   For the 2017-2018 cycle, they racked up 8 points with back-to-back wins at LOS.  In the 2019-2020 cycle, they played in 2A due to SF move up.  They lost in the first game of sectionals last season and garnered 0 points, but won a regional this season before being beat by Luers in semi-state.  The 2 points they picked up for a regional were enough, despite zero last season, to remain in 2A since you need 6 points to move up and just 2 points to stay once you move up.

Boy howdy I ain't much of a math guy.  You sure we can't just move the pp schools up 2 classes and call it square?

21 minutes ago, Coach_Hogan_Brother said:

Boy howdy I ain't much of a math guy.  You sure we can't just move the pp schools up 2 classes and call it square?

The thing that tends to throw off folks isn't so much the math, but the fact that the cycles are set and independent.

17 hours ago, XStar said:

Don't quit your day job.  

I won’t.  I was feeling pretty good about the prediction after first half.  Then Luers stalled on first drive 2nd half and it became a dogfight.  I was right in that WEBO offense was one dimensional but brother they can run the ball.  Great game.  Very entertaining.